Survivor: Worlds Apart

PUSH

She's been watching since Russell Hantz's first season. She likes the challenges and gets bored and talks during the camp life parts. I can't watch it with her initially because I get too frustrated with all the talking.
That's how my friend is. He likes the challenges but he's not too big on anything else. Me, I live for the strategy. Challenges are entertaining, too, because they affect the strategy greatly.

NYwdwfan

So Carolyn just found the idol and I paused the TV so I could read the rules - most I knew but it actually states that the idol cannot be stolen from you and also that if you are voted out and still in possession of the idol the idol no longer has any power.

PUSH

So Carolyn just found the idol and I paused the TV so I could read the rules - most I knew but it actually states that the idol cannot be stolen from you and also that if you are voted out and still in possession of the idol the idol no longer has any power.
That wipes out the theories of slipping the idol to someone else before you leave. Although I think that could be an interesting twist.

DinoInstitute

Original Poster
I actually have a few more random thoughts on the episode...

-Where are they? Jeff never mentioned at the beginning of the episode. Maybe it's just me, but it made for a bit of an awkward start.
-What the heck is even the point of giving the tribes the wacky-crack names if they are going to be referred to by their collar?:p

SAV

Finally got around to watching this one. I don't really know anyone yet, but from what I saw it should be a good season. The No Collar's just bug me, though.

It was definitely too early to make that move for the clue. They had formed an alliance already, so they just needed one more. The rest would sort itself out. Just knowing there was an Idol in play somewhere around camp was clue enough...especially since the one girl found it without knowing anything.

The old blue collar mailman guy is screwed. He was right that when he spoke up, he was yelled at and when he didn't he was yelled at. The guy that is hanging with him better show that he isn't entirely tied to him so he isn't the second one gone.

The move to whack So is going to bite them in the butt...especially since many of them said they would have done the same thing, but lied better. She is more of an asset in the challenges, which is the focus of the game now. As we have seen, being a good camp provider can only take you so far. And the one they kept is obviously stronger since she has an idol(not that they all knew that).

Honestly, I would have whacked the one who couldn't solve such an easy puzzle and lost he challenge for them.

Game On!!!!

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Paging @JenniferS (again!)
Yay! You found me.
I will go back and start at the beginning, but before I read anyone else's thoughts, I'll share mine.

I think this is going to be a great season. No Redemption Island - hallelujah!
And a lot of these people seem like real folks - not a bunch of model wanna-bes.
Except for feather dude. He be koo koo for coconuts.

I don't have a handle on any names, but I like the YouTube guy from the NC tribe. Loved his singing on that YouTube clip, such a joyful, genuine man ... with a pretty cool wife. Sweet dreams are made of these ....

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Here's Jeff's cast assessment. From the very premature conceptions of these players, I think I'm going to be on the Sierra, Max, and possibly So bandwagons. And Sierra could be my new Survivor crush... :inlove:

Thank you for posting that.
Every time I tried to click it on the FB page, I got the dreaded, "This video is not available in your geographical region". It's Canada, CBS, not Timbuktu.

Turns out it's Will, for my #1, Joe for #2 ... more to follow after I rewatch the episode with Tammy tomorrow.

RMichael21

Finally got to watch the episode! I'll just say that I'm loving it a butt load more then last year's premier. Here's my favorites:

Favorites: Carolyn, Jenn, Max, Joe, Mike, Tyler, Will

Meh: Hali, Kelly, Lindsay, Nina, Shirin, Rodney, Sierra

Dis-likes: Dan (He needs to shut his mouth and play the game), Joaquin, So, Vince

My pick for final 5 is...

Joe, Jenn, Tyler, Max and Shirin -- (Went out on a limb with Shirin just because she's a fan) ;):D

DinoInstitute

Original Poster
Finally got to watch the episode! I'll just say that I'm loving it a butt load more then last year's premier. Here's my favorites:

Favorites: Carolyn, Jenn, Max, Joe, Mike, Tyler, Will

Meh: Hali, Kelly, Lindsay, Nina, Shirin, Rodney, Sierra

Dis-likes: Dan (He needs to shut his mouth and play the game), Joaquin, So, Vince

My pick for final 5 is...

Joe, Jenn, Tyler, Max and Shirin -- (Went out on a limb with Shirin just because she's a fan) ;):D
I pretty much agree on all of that, except for a few things. Personally, I found the Dan character endearing, I don't know what it is about him. I don't think he isn't playing the game, just made some moves that weren't smart.
Also, while I love Joe, I doubt he's going to make it to the final five simply because of how like able he may be. Though, I don't really know, I think it may be too early to call finalists.

PUSH

I pretty much agree on all of that, except for a few things. Personally, I found the Dan character endearing, I don't know what it is about him. I don't think he isn't playing the game, just made some moves that weren't smart.
Also, while I love Joe, I doubt he's going to make it to the final five simply because of how like able he may be. Though, I don't really know, I think it may be too early to call finalists.
I think Joe will be too likable and a potential physical threat. He reminds me a bit of Malcolm, but then again I haven't seen Malcolm in his first season - Just Caramoan.

NYwdwfan

I think Joe will be too likable and a potential physical threat. He reminds me a bit of Malcolm, but then again I haven't seen Malcolm in his first season - Just Caramoan.

LOVED Malcolm his first season. Someone that likable needs to dominate in individual challenges after the merge or he will be blindsided.

PUSH

LOVED Malcolm his first season. Someone that likable needs to dominate in individual challenges after the merge or he will be blindsided.
I'm half expecting Malcolm to jump into my top favorite category along with Boston Rob, Rob C, Rupert, Spencer, and Tom Westman. Also have high hopes for Parvati, but I haven't seen her play at all, so I'll decide then!

DinoInstitute

Original Poster
I'm half expecting Malcolm to jump into my top favorite category along with Boston Rob, Rob C, Rupert, Spencer, and Tom Westman. Also have high hopes for Parvati, but I haven't seen her play at all, so I'll decide then!
Honestly in her first season, Cook Islands, she was kind of bland. I don't really see why they decided to bring her back, but I guess they made the right decision in the long run:p

NYwdwfan

Honestly in her first season, Cook Islands, she was kind of bland. I don't really see why they decided to bring her back, but I guess they made the right decision in the long run:p

I found her unbelievably annoying her first season. Her strategy was to flirt. I thought it made her look like an idiot. She used her brain in subsequent seasons and I respected her much more. I know @JenniferS never liked her.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Can't stand Parvati. Ugh!

PUSH

That's how I feel with Amber from Australia and All-Stars. I remember saying she was just a filler, but I guess they did make the right choice. Not because she was a worthy winner (she only won because of hurt feelings), but because of the whole Boston Rob thing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom