Have you ever seen people going bezerk??

mf1972

3-4 years ago, had a guy trying to get a spot for the MK parade for him & his daughter. basically tried taking over someone else's spot. family behind me wasn't happy. few words exchanged , practically barrels me over to move on elsewhere.
I spilled my soda on the guy in front of me. huge guy. thought I was dead. I mouthed off to the guy who shoved me & apologized to the guy in front of me.
once he knew it wasn't my fault, he was cool. got him a goofy shirt for his trouble.

KLinder7

I think that for some families, vacations are super-stressful, and the level of pre-planning and basic knowledge required (or at least, encouraged) for a Disney vacation is higher than most, and others try to do too much in a day and are constantly hot, tired and frazzled. Those conditions bring out the very worst in anybody.

That being said, the only out-of-control screaming match I've ever seen was between some groups of visitors from New Jersey during Easter break 2005, but they weren't fighting with each other. They were simply yelling, pep rally style, over the heads of the several hundred persons assembled in the BTMRR queue, that they were "from F***NG NEW JERSEY!" in a chant that went back and forth between two different groups (it was tough to tell whether they actually knew each other, or whether this was some kind of weird thing that some "New Jersey people" do when they see each other outside of their natural habitat) for several rounds, with each one trying to outdo the other in volume, notwithstanding the fact that there were dozens of small children present. Frankly, I was surprised that their language didn't incite a fight, as the other patrons were none too pleased, and the CMs in the area appeared to be feigning sudden deafness.
Those people were giving NJ a bad name, which is where I am from. Maybe they were folks as seen on the Jersey Shore who are aren't from NJ but really Staten Island or elsewhere. ;)

Otterhead

They were simply yelling, pep rally style, over the heads of the several hundred persons assembled in the BTMRR queue
Weirdly, I was once stuck in the BTMRR queue with a huge group of Brazilian teens (all wearing soccer jerseys) who spent the entire queue chanting, non-stop, and bouncing a soccer ball back and forth. Occasionally it would fly too far and hit a guest, and they'd get yelled at, but they never stopped chanting. Afterwards I couldn't help think.. who brings a soccer ball to MK??

AndyS2992

I have been fortunate enough not to witness anything of the sort :)

Although rather than seeing people going bezerk, I have seen people going potty out in public in the parks :hungover: Like come on now people, bathrooms pretty much everywhere.

SnowFire

Several years ago, walking with my daughter along one of the outdoor paths at Boardwalk... We were several steps behind a family with two younger children when three teens came running by, yelling about a fourth person as loudly as they could and using a ton of foul language. The father said something to them about their language and the teens stopped and turned. One of the teen girls started to apologize but the teen boy, thinking he was a tough guy, threatened the father and started walking back toward him. By that point, my daughter and I had caught up to the family and I just stopped and stood next to the father. As soon as the boy realized that I wasn't going to let him attack the father without getting involved and that he was now outnumbered, he quickly turned and walked away.

Disneyhead'71

I was at OIA yesterday for about 3 hours and I saw one guy screaming at his family and stomping his feet like a 3 year old. An hour later, a chunky soccer mom was screaming at her family and she threw down one of their suitcases and it exploded (stuff flew everywhere). Considering she was already loosing it, this just caused her to flop down on the ground and start crying. Then after that I saw a woman yelling at her 6ish son. His reaction was to do some planking in the middle of the terminal.

I spend a lot of time at OIA, and I have never seen anything like yesterday.

skimbob

I had my one and only bad encounter this last trip in January. We were in line for HM and the cast member kept telling us to squeeze in and fill all the dead space. I had been behind this family the whole time until we reached a garbage can. When we went to move again this guy and his girl friend purposely crowded in front of me. When we moved again I got around the can and got in front of them. The guy that had darted in front of me came up behind me and started stepping on the backs of my shoes and kicking into them and then proceeded to rub his body up against my backside. He was waiting to get a rise out of me and I acted like I was unaware he was there. I had all I could do to keep from turning around to tell him to act his age before I kicked his butt but I took the high road and ignored him.. Like all bullies he finally gave up when he knew I wasn't playing his game. Every one I know told me I should have told a CM but it wasn't worth it. You have to pick your battles and in the end I won because I didn't give into him and I was still ahead of him and made sure I satyed ahead of him.

Blackburn23

Best I have see was a large/overheated woman in line for Khali river rapids yelling at a CM for letting so many people cut.... (Would like to point out she was in standby line and the "cutters" were those in the fast pass line). I was laughing so hard she turned and yelled at me, "you think my issues are funny!?" Only made me laugh harder. Best part, when we got to the front, she realized it was a water ride and she could get wet and chose not to ride.... Haha

ItlngrlBella

It makes me so sad to read these.

If they can't be happy in the "Happiest Place on Earth" I'd hate to see them at home. Yikes.

Never saw anyone melt down but I did see very young (high school age) couple with some major PDA in-line for Pirates. GET. A. ROOM.

People forget to respect others around them - especially when there's little eyes watching and little ears listening.

Last edited:

mf1972

Oh yikes. These make me so sad to read these.

If they can't be happy in the "Happiest Place on Earth" I'd hate to see them at home. Yikes.

Never saw anyone melt down but I did see very young (high school age) couple with some major PDA in-line for Pirates. GET. A. ROOM.

People forget to respect others around them - especially when there's little eyes watching and little ears listening.
totally agree

Disneyhead'71

Some of the DHS Hat loyalists are still sour & uptight over what happened this week. ;)
I'm wondering if Disney hasn't inadvertently created the world's most stressful "vacation".

The stress slowly starts to build at 6:00am, 180+1 days prior to arriving where it hits full on relentless until you sit down on the return flight home.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I've never seen anything huge.. But last valentines weekend, after having such a wonderful time at Magic Kingdom and smiling and whatnot, I suddenly decided to just look around at everyone else around my gf and I.. And I couldn't see a single family, a single person, smiling. Anywhere. I asked Tori.. "Do you think anyone here is having a good time except for us?" And she looked around and replied with "Why is everyone so upset?!"

After that, we went back to our normal thing. Two smiling faces in a sea of what seems to be exhausted families by 2:00 PM.

ItlngrlBella

Arrival = happy family:

VS.

End of day = exhaustion after trying to pack to much in and not going with the flow and just enjoying the experience:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 88
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 85

chipndale09

Original Poster
I'm wondering if Disney hasn't inadvertently created the world's most stressful "vacation".

The stress slowly starts to build at 6:00am, 180+1 days prior to arriving where it hits full on relentless until you sit down on the return flight home.
I,m thinking the opposite, if anything Disney is making it less stressfull...with ADR,s already planned, fastpasses done, now you just need to show up and enjoy. No need to run to rides for a fastpass or wondering where you are going to eat

Sometimes i feel people are plain and simple rude, they are on vacation and feel they can do what they want.

chipndale09

Original Poster
I have been fortunate enough not to witness anything of the sort :)

Although rather than seeing people going bezerk, I have seen people going potty out in public in the parks :hungover: Like come on now people, bathrooms pretty much everywhere.
That's just gross:eek:

Arrival = happy family:
VS.
End of day = exhaustion after trying to pack to much in and not going with the flow and just enjoying the experience:
Not necessarily. I've seen some real kid-meltdowns early in the day and even when checking in at our resort. Sad to say but kids these days are spoiled and never learned respect. Back (way back) when I was a kid, all it took was one look from Dad to make me stop, never got to through a tantrum that I can remember.
(I'm not looking to start a fight, but I just know someone is going to take issue with me for bad-mouthing their precious little brats!)

Walt Disney1955

I guess the Brazilian Tour groups are that bad huh? I've never heard anything good about their behaviour when they are there. I wouldn't want people chanting constantly while I am in line either though..........

For me I've never seen anything close to an altercation at the parks. I wouldn't be the type who would whip out his phone and get it on Youtube either, I'd either walk away because I want to ignore it or probably just step in a break it up. I'm 6'2" 280lbs. so I'd probably be of help.

Any time I've been stressed out I always say: "I'm a Disney World/Land." Granted I haven't gone with our kids yet.

ItlngrlBella

Last time we went we did so with dear friends and while I love them, my friend was determined to see every ride, show, character and parade because she wasn't sure when they would be able to come back while their kids were little.

Though I had organized everything, it was get off a ride throw kids in strollers and do the 200 yard dash to the next thing. It was a blur and their kids had meltdowns.

Whereas we're all about taking our time, enjoying the experience and take tt as we go and we still see everything we want to see. The world isn't going to end if we miss something - it just gives us an excuse to go back.

Last edited:

chipndale09

Original Poster
Last time we went we did so with dear friends and while I love them, my friend was determined to see every ride, show, character and parade because she wasn't sure when they would be able to come back while their kids were little.

Though I had organized everything, it was get off a ride throw kids in strollers and do the 200 yard dash to the next thing. It was a blur and their kids had meltdowns.

Whereas we're all about taking our time, enjoying the experience and take t as we go. The world is it going to end if we miss a show.
We have friends like that..when they organize their trip, I call it the "Amazing Disney Race"..hahaha. Their itinary is planned to the minute...go go go...we are like you, take our time to stop and smell the roses and maybe have an adult cocktail ;)

R W B

New Years Eve and we were all tightly packed in on Main Street awaiting the fireworks, some drunk man (with his son of about 9) decided he was going to push his way through the crowd, when he realised he wasn't getting anywhere fast he decided to push over a lady and a child in a pram, his pushing and shoving caused lots of people to fall/trip including my fiancé it was really scary really as because it was SO packed could have caused a stampede/injuries, and then when someone shouted at him for being a tw** he started trying to punch some poor Spanish family! who were so shook up by it all. Never seen anything like it again at Disney! :O
Sounds like the French Quarter on Mardi Gras night

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom