Castle Ramp Smoking Section Eliminated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mickey81

The location across from Aloha Isle changed last year some time: http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/...-smoking-areas-this-week.893518/#post-6439768

Here's the picture I posted then:
adventureland.jpg

And if you look at the new map Steve posted about the hub pathways being updated on the new guidemap, you can see it the change there too: http://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions...m-guide-map-shows-new-plaza-gardens/23394.htm

mk-map.jpg
This is awesome. I wasn't aware of the change. I can say it hadn't changed in June...or wasn't being enforced. Very good news though!

Tinkerbella16

As being on both sides of the coin, smokers have every right to smoke in the parks in their designated areas. I also have to admit I've almost never seen anyone deviating from that. Cast members can't catch everyone and I try to be very observant. "We" are actually very conscience. I always felt uncomfortable smoking in areas that everyone could clearly walk by. In that instance, I do get the griping, but don't lecture the smoker, lecture Disney for placing them in areas where a lot of people are walking by. I don't judge anyone for drinking, marijuana, etc. It's an unhealthy habit but it's their right to smoke. And no one better ever grab a cigarette out of my mouth unless you know me VERY well. That's rude and not right and a HUGE violation of personal space. I don't care what you're personal feelings are towards smoking. It's not up to you to decide what is right for me. I appreciate the concern, smoking kills, it does, but it's mine and others right to choose to do it and we have every right, as long as Disney allows, to smoke in the park. I actually feel a bit strange smoking IN the park, but that's me. I can usually go all day without and be just fine though.

And yes, the number of smokers is declining, but I think many here would be surprised at how common it still is. It also depends on the area you are in, IMO.

Smoking isn't going away anytime soon. And like others have said, it's very common elsewhere. Go to Paris, they smoke everywhere at Disneyland Parc, I've seen that said so many times. It's different everywhere you go.

How about just simple respect for others. That kind of thing works both ways. We're losing sight of that in many ways.
THIS!!! I couldn't agree more! Where's the clapping smiley when you need one! :D

erclvrb18

I don't smoke but why not do little cut out in trees areas like a cubby whole of trees so it has a small path in and out where the trees block out the annoying view and smell to people who don't want to ruin the feel of whatever area but isn't rude to the people who do it and want a relaxing area away from the main path... and this could be a few in each park...

kind of like a veil to conceal what people who don't wanna smell or see it and for the people who are smokers won't get rude comments etc, from them but the smokers can still have a area just for them that does not feel so general.

idk if this idea makes sense to y'all
but its what I have thought since its been brought up...

cast member smoking area in fantasyland in wdw is right in the middle of fantasyland right beside the castle... but you wont see or smell it.... all that blocks it is a small area of trees....

Sora_Keyblade

I appreciate this location being removed. My partner has severe triggered asthma, so the less secluded smoking areas always ran the risk of having a gust of wind bring some smoke into our faces if we were nearby. (The Adventureland one was particularly bad for this.) Scrambling for one's emergency inhaler is never a good time.

betty rose

I appreciate this location being removed. My partner has severe triggered asthma, so the less secluded smoking areas always ran the risk of having a gust of wind bring some smoke into our faces if we were nearby. (The Adventureland one was particularly bad for this.) Scrambling for one's emergency inhaler is never a good time.
I always have my inhaler in my right front pocket, just in case. Then it's on to do the next thing.!

Kingoglow

I wonder if people that can't handle walking by smokers have the same issue with people that wear cologne or perfume. Because I sure do. I swear that those people think that it should be used like deodorant with as much as they put on.

If I can smell your perfume while walking behind you then you have too much on. I wish they had an inhaler for that!

googilycub

I wonder if people that can't handle walking by smokers have the same issue with people that wear cologne or perfume. Because I sure do. I swear that those people think that it should be used like deodorant with as much as they put on.

If I can smell your perfume while walking behind you then you have too much on. I wish they had an inhaler for that!

My wife has asthma, and perfume/cologne will give her an attack far more often then secondhand cigarette smoke.

betty rose

I don't know about certain perfumes, but I get migraine headaches from some. Guess I'm lucky that way!

betty rose

I'm all for smoking sections, but that one was just horribly placed. It was a tight and heavily congested walkway with a beautiful view. They should definitely have more like the one near fantasyland and tomorrowland, out of the way but still accessible (and surprisingly pleasant looking).
I agree, from the standpoint, that smokers deserve something nice to do, or look at too.

betty rose

Me too. I leave the perfume at home, how can they carry so much, with TSA restrictions?

Wikkler

So where should the smoking areas be? If we have to have them, where are the smartest places?
The smartest place is on the pathway behind Barnstormer where there already is one. That's really the only smart place there is a smoking section currently. Other good locations are next to Tony's, the location of the one that was near Space Mountain, and the path behind Pirates.

wdisneyw2000

people who complain about smoking well why don't you complain about the bars at pool side. you say your kids have to walk thru the smoke, well my kids & myself have to watch people drink & get out of hand they should remove the pool side bars as well.

Kman101

I know it's fairly uncrowded, but I'm not the biggest fan of the one on the pathway behind Barnstormer. It's still a walking path.

The one that was near Space Mountain made sense. Completely out of the way. Same for the one by Big Thunder.

wdisneyw2000

This is great news!! As an MD, I'd like to see all of these areas eliminated, but at least this area can be appreciated by all now. Best to keep smoking areas (if they must exist) off the beaten path; no reason the innocent need to be breathing all that in. Good work Disney!
Maybe they should make all the drinkers leave the property also. You know where the smoking sections are walk around if we (as smokers) have to move to a select section you, then don't go near the smoking section, walk around we have to.

draybook

people who complain about smoking well why don't you complain about the bars at pool side. you say your kids have to walk thru the smoke, well my kids & myself have to watch people drink & get out of hand they should remove the pool side bars as well.

Let us know when scientists are able to link second hand liver and/or kidney failure to alcohol.....

I think this thread has officially gone this way:

horse2_zpstckzoanh.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom