The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I spy Rabbit! :inlove:

11007734_10203128349479048_3794647795552406627_n.jpg

Gabe1

auch, reminds me how they charged money for wifi in vancouver's pan pacific, yet every other hotel was free.

I find these fees still in business heavy hotels. When I stayed at the HIlton Riverside in NOLA there was still an internet charge. I find it annoying but I'd stay there again 'cause the hotel was in a Safer area of the FrenchQuarter

Hilton_New_Orleans_Riverside.jpg

Disney until they started with installing WiFi charged $10 a day to wire into their internet though many people plugged in their own routers so they didn't have to stay tethered to the wall and multiple family members could use. The first time I had free wireless internet was in 2012 at Disney.

Swan and Dolphin still charges as part of their fees for internet use. Initially the fee does not pop in a price range but once you start to plug in dates etc you will see the quote go up $23 for amenities which are free at most hotels.
  • In room High-Speed Internet Access
  • Unlimited local calls and DOMESTIC (US mainland) are now included.
  • Unlimited access to the Resort's health club facilities
  • 2 bottles of WDW Swan and Dolphin Resort water daily (provided in the room)
But even with the upcharge of $23 I find S&D a bargin to stay in the thick of the Studios/Epcot especially during food and wine, much more economical that Boardwalk or Y&B Club room rates.

Cesar R M

If you are going during the New Year you might have some luck after New Years just make those ADRs at your 180 day mark. I don't remember how long you plan to stay at WDW that trip but most schools should resume January 4th. By January 3rd-Sunday afternoon Epcot should be a ghost town. It varies year to year depending on where in the week New Years Day lands. But if you plan correctly you should get into BOG that trip.
We're planning a minimum of 5 days at WDW and 3-4 days at Universal.

Cesar R M

I find these fees still in business heavy hotels. When I stayed at the HIlton Riverside in NOLA there was still an internet charge. I find it annoying but I'd stay there again 'cause the hotel was in a Safer area of the FrenchQuarter

Hilton_New_Orleans_Riverside.jpg

Disney until they started with installing WiFi charged $10 a day to wire into their internet though many people plugged in their own routers so they didn't have to stay tethered to the wall and multiple family members could use. The first time I had free wireless internet was in 2012 at Disney.

Swan and Dolphin still charges as part of their fees for internet use. Initially the fee does not pop in a price range but once you start to plug in dates etc you will see the quote go up $23 for amenities which are free at most hotels.
  • In room High-Speed Internet Access
  • Unlimited local calls and DOMESTIC (US mainland) are now included.
  • Unlimited access to the Resort's health club facilities
  • 2 bottles of WDW Swan and Dolphin Resort water daily (provided in the room)
But even with the upcharge of $23 I find S&D a bargin to stay in the thick of the Studios/Epcot especially during food and wine, much more economical that Boardwalk or Y&B Club room rates.

good point.
funny you mention executive hotels.
here is the completely opposite.
Executive hotels have the best free wifi and high speed cable internet signals.
while the normal touristic hotels offer slow internet via wifi (using a locked gate that needs to be reactivated daily) and very expensive cable high speed internet as additional charge.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Pizza? Check
Chocolate? No check
Potato chips? Double check
Cookies? Check
Ice Cream? Check
Pizza - Pass
Chocolate - Depends on the time of the month
Potato chips - Only if they are plain rippled and there is Helluva dip
Cookies - Occasionally
Ice Cream - Soft serve only

Gabe1

I feel as if I have stirred up a bit of a hornets nest about the topic of smoking in the parks. Can I hide in here until all the folks with pitchforks get tired and go home? :jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop:

Yes. I read your comments and 100% support your respectful view for all the wdw guests. For those who just enjoy being holier than thou your logic will always escape that demographic. Kudos.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
I'm growing out my bangs (and some of my layers); so my hair looks like carp!
It's been 16 days since I had my beautiful bio-gels nails removed; so my nails look worse than carp!
I haven't lost any weight in 2 weeks since I fell off the diet train; so I kinda feel like carp.

But ....
It's Clean Sheet Friday; so Boo-yah!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom