The 60th Anniversary of Disneyland: The Reality of it All

Nland316

Haven't seen anything on here, but my buddy went to the parks today and apparently Paradise Bay is nearly filled already! WOC is slated to return on the 13th, if I'm not mistaken. Sorry no pictures!

Figments Friend

The most appealing aspect of the recent refresh of the Castle is the removal of the curly safety railing.
What a huge improvement, with just that element gone.

I do hope it does not return..or if it does, a somewhat less distracting design.

Sage of Time

The most appealing aspect of the recent refresh of the Castle is the removal of the curly safety railing.
What a huge improvement, with just that element gone.

I do hope it does not return..or if it does, a somewhat less distracting design.
Well, the railing didn't appear in the art, so there's hope.

asdnmd654321Large.jpg

Considering that the railing was added as OSHA fall protection for firework workers... perhaps there won't be fireworks launched off of the castle, anymore. It would make sense, seeing that Disneyland Forever will utilize projections on the castle and pyro and smoke would obstruct that to some degree. They might be able to pull that off in Paris and WDW with larger castles, but with Sleeping Beauty Castle being as small as it is, you might mask the projection effect with all the fire and smoke.

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
Well, the railing didn't appear in the art, so there's hope.

asdnmd654321Large.jpg

Considering that the railing was added as OSHA fall protection for firework workers... perhaps there won't be fireworks launched off of the castle, anymore. It would make sense, seeing that Disneyland Forever will utilize projections on the castle and pyro and smoke would obstruct that to some degree. They might be able to pull that off in Paris and WDW with larger castles, but with Sleeping Beauty Castle being as small as it is, you might mask the projection effect with all the fire and smoke.

SBC was used for projection and for launching fireworks for Remember. There was no problem.

Sage of Time

The entire castle had projections during parts of Remember. If Disney pulled it off a decade ago, I haven no doubt they'll be able to do it again.
Can you direct me to a video/example? I don't recall the castle having anything, save for the gobos. Ghosts during HM, Skull during PotC, etc.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom