Hotel offsite and further away from disney

joan237

Original Poster
I will be dropping my family (daughter,son in law and granddaughter) off at the contemporary hotel for their 2 night stay in March then my husband and I will stay somewhere offsite (we will not be going to any parks) till we pick them up . I need a place that is nice but not over the top expensive and does not have to be close. For example maybe about 10 to 20 miles out.
Because I am unfamiliar with orlando,Kissimmee etc etc. I have no ideas which areas to look in.
Can anyone who is from the area help me out as to what areas I should search.
Thanks

G8rchamps

Gaylord Palms is really cool- they have different sections inside the hotel. The Florida portion has actual ocean fish and I remember there is a Bayou section too. It is a convention center so it's quite large, but really neat place.

joan237

Original Poster
Thanks for that suggestion but the Gaylord palms is 263.00 per night in March and for my husband and I that is too much.
Considering we do not need any wdw amenities, I just need clean and preferably not too old.

arko

Holiday inn express or Hampton Inn in Davenport are quite nice and about 15 miles from Disney, and can be had for about 60-90 dollars, the Holiday Inn Express is only about 3 years old and is in great shape.

BrerJon

For the Disney area, my preference is the hotels along Hotel Plaza Boulevard as they're much cheaper than Disney hotels, you can walk to Downtown Disney (which is free to visit) and are all very nice quality. For a low budget but high quality option, Clarion Inn on Palm Parkway is great, and walking distance to lots of shops and restaurants... basically though there are so many choices and most won't set you back more than $100 a night.

Alternatively, as you're not doing the Disney parks, if you wanted to see a different aspect of the tourist trail I suggest heading to International Drive and the Pointe Orlando area. Lots of cheap hotels there - the Rosen at Pointe Orlando is great, very good value with a nice pool, and there are lots of tourist attractions, shops, restaurants etc. in that part of town so you would never be short of things to see and do.

JasonDeyoung

Sheraton Vistana was pretty cool I don't recall how $ it was though. It's like 10 mins outside the WDW enteance on I Drive. As said above GP is nice, check the hotels in downtown Disney area, they aren't Disney resorts and are usually pretty decent price wise. They're in hotel plaza blvd across from dtd. I've stsyec at the Hilton and lake buena vista palace both were nice

diosraw

Hotels in Destin Florida are very famous for its attractive look and nature. Accomodations are very neat and clean. If you wanna try then visit at once.

Mouse_Trap

Do you plan on doing anything whilst there? Or want to be near restaurants and shopping etc?

I'd second the Rosen at Pointe Orlando as a decent place to stay; primarily it has superb location for things to see/do/eat within walking distance.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom