Room requests?

ibisti

Original Poster
We are back to Disney in May ( and can't wait to be back!). Do you know if it's possible to request a specific room number in advance? My girls would love to stay in the one we had last time, they even took a pic of the door to remember the number! We are coming from the UK and I can't find a contact at the WL to make the request.

JasonDeyoung

I have requested a certain room and area before and they were able to get me the same room if not the same area as well on other occasions. So it is possible. If it's outside of 10 days till arrival just call the WDW central reservations to add request

Last edited:

Tuvalu

Premium Member
You can call and have your request noted on your reservation (there is not a way to do it online). It is better to request a specific location (the first wing on the left, 2nd floor near the gift shop, etc. ) because it gives you a greater chance of being assigned a room in the location you prefer, since room requests are not guaranteed.

In all the (many) years we have been going to Disney, we have only received the exact room we requested once. We usually get a room in our preferred area, though.

seahawk7

We are back to Disney in May ( and can't wait to be back!). Do you know if it's possible to request a specific room number in advance? My girls would love to stay in the one we had last time, they even took a pic of the door to remember the number! We are coming from the UK and I can't find a contact at the WL to make the request.
I love that my family isn't the only one wanting the same room back every year! We have gotten our exact room 4 years straight. What I do is have my travel agent make the request on the reservation then I start calling the hotel directly two weeks before we go. One year we were given a different room in the same area but we're then transferred to our room one day later. I just explain our situation that my children are very sentimental and if I don't speak to someone helpful, I call back at a different time until I get someone helpful.
Like with all things Disney if you don't get the help you want just keep trying.
I have been very lucky and I hope to keep my streak going.

erwinalber4

As others have said, yes. Call Disney and have it added to the reservation notes and they'll do their best to get it if not as close as possible.

ibisti

Original Poster
I tried to call disney this morning and as I booked through Virgin holidays they said I had to deal through them and make the request. Looks like I will call my agent and ask the question. It's a shame that Disney couldn't help as I would have felt more assured the request had been registered than asking my rep in this country.

erwinalber4

I tried to call disney this morning and as I booked through Virgin holidays they said I had to deal through them and make the request. Looks like I will call my agent and ask the question. It's a shame that Disney couldn't help as I would have felt more assured the request had been registered than asking my rep in this country.
Yeah unfortunately the reservations don't show in their system if it's an outside reservation. Have your TA contact Disney's Travel Agent number and a cast member should be able to add it there.

ibisti

Original Poster
It's funny my reservation shows on my disney experience app and has a number by it but the lady on the phone couldn't see the reservation.

ToInfinityAndBeyond

You better not be talking about Room 4086 because we're going in May and staying at the Wilderness Lodge...It's OURS!!!!!

Seriously though we are going in May and have never stayed at WL anyone know what are some good Room numbers to request?

Room 1986. Knock on the east wall three times. A man will come to the door. Tell him: "The cow jumped over the moon." He'll know what to do.

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
Room 1986. Knock on the east wall three times. A man will come to the door. Tell him: "The cow jumped over the moon." He'll know what to do.
1986 huh? That's the year I graduated High School....and since I'm "Peaked In High School" Shookie Jones that sounds like just the room for me. The man that comes to the door it wouldn't happen to be Rob Lowe would it?

Tinkerbella16

You better not be talking about Room 4086 because we're going in May and staying at the Wilderness Lodge...It's OURS!!!!!

Seriously though we are going in May and have never stayed at WL anyone know what are some good Room numbers to request?
haha I didn't even see the end of your comment! Was going to ask you what your experiences were asking for a specific room at WL lol. I am staying there for the first time and I have a specific room in mind from a friends recommendation. It is inner courtyard, 4th floor, king bed that is not HA- exactly what I would prefer. I am already booked for courtyard view so I am hoping this is possible.

Tuvalu

Premium Member

If you want a chance to see the MK fireworks from your room, request a room on the 5th floor (the 6th floor rooms have enclosed balconies so you would have to be outside on the balcony for the greatest effect) in the 5000-5034 wing (the even numbered rooms face the MK; the odd numbered rooms face the courtyard pool.) This wing also has the elevator that opens right outside Roaring Fork, so it is convenient to get food/snacks/drink refills without having to walk too far. The laundry is also on the first floor near this elevator.

If being close to the pool and boat dock is a greater priority than being able to see fireworks, request a room on the first floor in the 1000-1014 range. Four of those rooms (we were in 1002) are on the end of the wing and actually face Bay Lake but are woods view because you look out into trees, with a view of the boardwalk to the boat in the distance. Those rooms have a private stone patio and we watched deer from there. Additionally, a door to the outside is right there, providing quick access to the pool or boat.

Lastly, we were surprised how much we enjoyed room 2110, which is right off the lobby (so we never had to use an elevator.) It was super convenient to the bus stop and gift store. Even-numbered rooms in the "1" wing (as opposed to "0" wing) are also categorized as woods view, though most of them face the WL Villas or the Villas pool, and are a LONG walk to get anywhere! Given my choice, I would always pick "0" wing over "1" wing.

And this is probably far more information than you were expecting, LOL.

gonetowdw

Sitting in the lobby of WL right now. First time staying here after 16 years at POR. It is absolutely beautiful! We are in room 5167. We booked court yard. We are facing the lake and geyser. Get to sit on the balcony and watch the water pageant every night. Could not ask for a better view. This is probably one of the more peaceful and relaxing resorts.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom