Pre-Trip When Brave princess + a wish + a country band = A trip to Disneyworld

Please hear my tale...

Once upon a time, there was a brave little princess who unfortunately was fighting an ugly villain named cancer. She loved Disney princesses and country music, and both helped her go through her ordeal. One day last April, she told her mama that she had a dream: meet her favorite country band, named Lady Antebellum. The poor mother didn't know what to do and decided to ask the Make-A-Wish fairies for help. The fairies were surprised, because 3 years olds usually have different dreams, but they promised to help the best they could. News came that the band was coming to town in late October, and everyone was very hopeful. Unfortunately, things are sometimes very twisted and complicated in fairyland, and due to their organization being a little messy, and the fairy queen being a little strict with rules, the wish fell through (not forever they said, but for some remote time in the future... maybe). Since the brave family was going to move back to their European land at some point and things might take more time than they had left in the USA, the fairies decided that the brave princess should have another wish, and decided to send her to a magical land called Disneyworld instead. Which made everyone happy anyway, because who wouldn't want to go?
So this story does have a happy ending, as the brave little princess and her parents will be headed to the World on March 14th! :)

Oh, I can see you wondering now... But how about her primary wish? How sad it didn't come true...:(
But here's the second happy ending to my tale: Always expect the unexpected... and what fairies can't give you, a good soul just might...

C.jpg

Last edited:

Sudcaro- Sudcaro

Original Poster
This is the plan (so far). :)

When: March 14-20 (that includes travel by car from/to SC). Park Hopper tickets.
Where: Give Kids the World village in Kissimee http://www.gktw.org/about/scrapbook.php

Since it's a Make A Wish trip, it's obviously going to work differently than a regular WDW trip. We won't have FP+ but the possibility to ride almost whatever our daughter wishes - there might be a few restrictions though, we are waiting for all the details.
So instead of a "must-do, must-see" list, we made a Wish list for each park. We'll go with the flow most of the time.

ADRs:
Luckily, the foundation was able to give us our trip dates long ahead of time (it's not always the case), and I was able to make a few ADRs for character meals - not everything was available since we were past the 6 months mark, but I scored what I think will be 4 great experiences for my little princess.
- Mon 16th: Lunch at Cinderella's Royal table, MK
- Tues 17th: Dinner at 1900 Park Fare
- Wed 18th: lunch at Tusker House, AK
- Thu 19th: late breakfast at Hollywood and Vine, HS

The Brave Little Princess's wish list:

Epcot:

It wasn't done on purpose, obviously, but we are happy to be there during the Flower and Garden festival, it will be a nice touch. ;)
Believe it or not, we are not interested in Future World at all so we shouldn't spend too long there. We'll focus on the World showcase!
- Meet Mulan
- Meet Belle
- Meet Aurora
- Meet Snow White
- Meet Duffy
(any other meet and greet will be a bonus)
We are hoping to see a few of the entertainment shows, of course.
As far as eating goes, we are planning on binging in the French bakery - we are originally from France so we just have to try and see! :p

Animal Kingdom:

- Spend time around the tree of life
- Festival of the lion king
- Meet Pocahontas
- Meet Rafiki
- Probably the safari

Hollywood studios:

Mainly shows - I told my husband he may not suffer through them all though, so he's free to do his own thing if he wants ;)
- Beauty and the Beast
- Voyage of the little mermaid
- Frozen sing along
- Disney junior show
Any characters we'll meet will be a bonus. I know she'll be delighted with just the ones she'll meet at Hollywood and Vine. ;)

Magic Kingdom:

Obviously the one with the most things to do. But! We have actually already been there, although it was just for one and a half day last December. We had booked this short stay long before the "country band wish debacle" (as I call it), when we thought it would be our only opportunity to go and see the World, while on our way to the beach in Fort Myers! So we have already done a few things that we may or may not do again.
Trip report here: http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/the-brave-little-princess-met-her-magic-kingdom-completed.894796/

The main wishes:
- Meet Anna and Elsa
- 7 dwarfs mine train
- Enchanted tales with Belle
- Magic carpets of Aladdin
- Wishes and electrical parade

Optional:
- Peter Pan
- Little mermaid ride
- Barnstormer
- Carousel
- Meet Gaston

Done, but to be done again:
- Dumbo
- Festival of fantasy parade
- Meet Tinkerbell
- Meet Merida
- Meet Tiana
- People Mover

Of course we may change things a bit, depending on what she feels like doing, the weather etc.
It also happens that there are tons of things to do on site at the Give Kids the World village, so we might want to try and enjoy some of these too. ;)

Last edited:

buseegal

piece of advice based on 2 grandsons MAW trips check out activities at the Village besides what you plan at the parks. you will also be able to meet some characters there. if can still book Mayor Clayton to tuck kids in bed one night do it great photo opp. plus there are " Angels" at the village that will use you camera and take pics for you so everyone in party will be in photos. if she likes horses at all plan on one of the morning rides. at the parks make sure CMs see her special pass, makes lots of Pixie dust happen. if you still also get the Sea World passes make sure you have time to feed the dolphins. again the special pass make magic

Sudcaro- Sudcaro

Original Poster
piece of advice based on 2 grandsons MAW trips check out activities at the Village besides what you plan at the parks. you will also be able to meet some characters there. if can still book Mayor Clayton to tuck kids in bed one night do it great photo opp. plus there are " Angels" at the village that will use you camera and take pics for you so everyone in party will be in photos. if she likes horses at all plan on one of the morning rides. at the parks make sure CMs see her special pass, makes lots of Pixie dust happen. if you still also get the Sea World passes make sure you have time to feed the dolphins. again the special pass make magic

We're definitely planning on enjoying the village, especially on the day we have a dinner reservation and plan on staying late for wishes at the MK. We may actually not go to a park at all during the day, just do stuff at the village instead and relax.
Thanks for the tip about showing the pass.

mrdrift

My prayers to the princess with the ugly fight with the villain that I hope she defeats. Best wished and hope the family does indeed have a Magical time at Disney World. All the ADR's sound fantastic. Take lots of pictures and I can't wait to read your family report.

FlaggNL

Best of luck with all the healty issues..... and let's hope that she will win the fight in the end! The plans look magical and hope you and your family will have a more than great, magical and wonderful stay in the World. Can't wait for the TR! Enjoy the pre-feelings of being there in such a short time.. before you know it is March! And also hope that someday in the future there will be an opportunity with Lady A.

Sudcaro- Sudcaro

Original Poster
Thanks for the good wishes everyone. :)

So, things are getting official... we received a little leaflet from "Give Kids the World" on Saturday. Still waiting for a date to meet with the MAW volunteers for extra details.

As far as our planning goes, my daughter has decided she actually wanted to "meet everybody", so I guess a lot of time will be dedicated to meet and greets. She's already planning to show her muscles to Gaston, lol. :p

Sudcaro- Sudcaro

Original Poster
Thanks.

I can't believe than in 3 weeks we'll be there!
The BLP talks about it every day now, especially about the characters she hopes to meet. ;)
I haven't told her about all the things we have in mind for her. And she doesn't know about all the shows, rides or meet and greets available, so we have several surprises in store for her. For instance, I told her we were going to try and visit the cottage where Belle grew up... but I didn't tell her the whole experience was called Enchanted Tales with Belle, so she won't expect to actually see Belle there. And I didn't mention character meals either. Things like that. So she thinks she has planned her vacation, but in fact... not quite! :cat:

buseegal

if you have not checked out the character visits to Give Kids The World, I would do that. lots do visit there and they have people to take pics of your family with your camera so everyone is in the pics. when we were there Belle in blue dress came to the village and we then saw her later on the trip in the parks, she remembered our wish boy

Sudcaro- Sudcaro

Original Poster
So... the other day, I was intrigued by this...
if you still also get the Sea World passes make sure you have time to feed the dolphins. again the special pass make magic
but then we got busy and I forgot about it :oops:

So, yesterday, I found out that the " WDW trip with a 5 day ticket" the Make a wish people talked about over and over is actually an "Orlando trip with 3 days in Disney and 2 days in other area parks" (obviously Seaworld and Universal studios) - It seems that many families were not told about the other parks until they got their tickets on arrival day, so we consider ourselves lucky we found out 2 1/2 weeks early!

Anyway, we don't mind visiting other Orlando parks, but we have to redo our plans completely, and work around our ADRs in WDW parks (fortunately we don't have one everyday, it would have been upsetting having to cancel ADRs).
So here's the new plan so far - I have only started working on the non-Disney attractions so I have no details yet.

Sat 14: arrival in Orlando (PM)
Sun 15: non Disney park
Mon 16: MK since we have a lunch ADR at Cinderella royal table. Might or might not stay there until late, we'll see how tired we are!
Tues 17: non Disney park, or day off : our original plan was day off to enjoy the Give kids the World attractions, then evening at the MK - we have an 7PM ADR at the grand Floridian. Obviously, we have to change those plans! Keeping the ADR, of course. This means we might "waste" a ticket, which bothers me. But we won't overdo it either, and will still privilege WDW over the rest! ;)
Wed 18: AK, as we have a lunch ADR at Tusker House. May or may not park hop.
Thu 19: HS as we have a breakfast ADR at Hollywood and Vine, and park hop before or after lunch to Epcot - that means half day visits only, and "sacrificing" a lot of things we were planning to do there (such as shows in HS).
Fri 20: trip back home :(

Details will come soon!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom