Tomorrowland Terrace Fireworks Dessert Party

CAPTAIN HOOK

Original Poster
Hi Guys - what is the deal with the Dessert Party ??

The Disney website states that it can be booked 180 days in advance, yet the calendar shows bookings are only available until early June. AllEars.net states that its only open during the busiest seasons. Based on this information, bookings should now be available this summer and well into August.

Any ideas ??

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
I have no idea on this.
We phoned last year to book for May this year and got told to try again at the end of Jan.When we phoned mid Jan every party for the duration of our stay was fully booked :mad::mad::mad:
Since then i checked once a day every day on the MDE site and a space opend up about a week ago for just one of the dates.It was quickly booked by me.:D.
So i would advise to keep checking the website daily as it seems to book out real fast.

docdebbi

it had traditionally been whenever Disney decided that no one was going to book a private party for that space, usually several months ahead. then disney made a big deal about announcing that it would be at the 180 day mark just like any other dining event. BUT....that has not come to fruition. sometimes it is, sometimes it isn't.
that leaves you checking many times a day from the 180 mark until they decide to release the reservations. and it books quickly once it's out there, usually within a day, it's gone.
just one more time intensive/headache inducing aspect of booking a trip.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
it had traditionally been whenever Disney decided that no one was going to book a private party for that space, usually several months ahead. then disney made a big deal about announcing that it would be at the 180 day mark just like any other dining event. BUT....that has not come to fruition. sometimes it is, sometimes it isn't.
that leaves you checking many times a day from the 180 mark until they decide to release the reservations. and it books quickly once it's out there, usually within a day, it's gone.
just one more time intensive/headache inducing aspect of booking a trip.
This^^^

As I understand it they still let private parties book it prior to the 180 days. Once the 180 days rolls around they are supposed to open the remaining dates to the public, but it does not always happen that way.

My wife, daughter 5 and myself did the dessert party last May and while the dessert aspect was nice, I would not do it again due the price, the limited view of the fireworks due to a four foot wall and an overhang that blocks your view from certain viewpoints, how long we had t wait in line just to get in, but the worst part was the other guests. Some people acted like they had never had cake and ice cream before and just were plain rude. Lots of people didn't eat at the tables but ate their dessert along the wall to reserve their spot and then it got ugly.

I did reserved the dessert party so it would be relaxing end of the day fun for my daughter and wife so we could have a bite to eat and watch the fireworks without having to scope out a space around the castle. I ended up having to holding my daughter the entire time the fireworks were going off because she could not see over the wall and there were too many people in front of her.

I would possibly do it again if they changed the venue so there were better viewing options.

CAPTAIN HOOK

Original Poster
Thanks for the responses - it doesn't get me any nearer as to why the dates are available, or when they will be available - but at least I now know to check back daily

:)

WDW_Jon

We did it in July 2010 and had no reservation until about 48 hours before through the concierge at the dolphin...

Is it that busy? We may of just got lucky?

BrianV

We booked at 180 days for this march. No problem back then.

We did it a few years ago and loved it. You can see the fireworks well. Have a quiet place to sit and watch the fireworks and let the kids go up to the railing in a contained area. The desserts were quite good. Not worth the price, but few things in disney are. Since you have to pay in full in advance, by the Time it comes, it feels free! ;). Everyone as well behaved, and seriously, you don't see the fireworks any better up close.

ToTBellHop

We booked at 180 days for this march. No problem back then.

We did it a few years ago and loved it. You can see the fireworks well. Have a quiet place to sit and watch the fireworks and let the kids go up to the railing in a contained area. The desserts were quite good. Not worth the price, but few things in disney are. Since you have to pay in full in advance, by the Time it comes, it feels free! ;). Everyone as well behaved, and seriously, you don't see the fireworks any better up close.
I actually find it to be surprisingly affordable given the covered location. The other dessert parties they run cost a lot more.

MissingDisney

Another discussion board not-to-be-named actually has a very detailed ongoing thread listing the release dates for ADR for the party. Not that it will give you a specific date but you can see the trend of when it's been released so maybe what to expect.

MissingDisney

This site blocks it out, understandably. Let's say it's Dis and boards. Go to the section for restaurants and then reservations. It's in there somewhere. Also there's some chatter about it not being offered mid-summer on due to possible construction obstruction on that site. New turret construction maybe?. Not my info...just repeating what I saw.

CAPTAIN HOOK

Original Poster
This site blocks it out, understandably. Let's say it's Dis and boards. Go to the section for restaurants and then reservations. It's in there somewhere. Also there's some chatter about it not being offered mid-summer on due to possible construction obstruction on that site. New turret construction maybe?. Not my info...just repeating what I saw.
Thanks

drp4video

This was our secret spot to watch the fireworks before it became the desert party. We loved it because we could bring chairs up to the wall, sit and relax while watching..if it was drizzling, we could move back a bit and be undercover. Not sure I will book the desert party though as after the fireworks, we always stop on Main Street and get ice cream, sit and eat while everyone races for the monorail.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom