Awesome Dinosaur POV- Also shows its flaws

ctxak98

Original Poster
for anyone interested in attraction POV's like myself, here is the latest and BEST Dinosaur ride through Ive ever seen. its crystal clear but really shows its age and how much the Dinosaurs need love. All of them are not showing full range of motion. Noticeably Styracosaurus, alioramus, Sauropod, and Carnotaurus that takes a picture.

By watching this new video and going to back to Martins Tribute video of Dinosaur (link below), watching how much they moved back during CTX days, its really sad how much they've neglected this attraction that could be amazing. Idk what do you guys all think!?( ride starts around 9:28 I think!?)

lightningtap347

If it's not that noticeable to the general public, they aren't going to spend money on fixing it. There are many attractions with missing/broken effects, but because it isn't ride breaking, they see no reason to work at it. And even then, I'm sure the yeti would probably be higher up on the list of things to fix in AK.

ctxak98

Original Poster
If it's not that noticeable to the general public, they aren't going to spend money on fixing it. There are many attractions with missing/broken effects, but because it isn't ride breaking, they see no reason to work at it. And even then, I'm sure the yeti would probably be higher up on the list of things to fix in AK.
That's true I see where you're coming from!

FettFan

At least the Alioramus was working a bit better than he was in 2013 when I rode. That time, he barely stood up at all....his posture was still nose-down and the creature sliding in and out of his mouth made it look like he was throwing up.

Also I've often wondered what the velociraptor was supposed to be doing. Martin's video makes it look as if he actually opens his mouth and growls at the vehicle.
Every time I've ridden it just stands there and shakes spastically....looks like he's got Parkinsons or some crap.

So...I guess that's what TDO considers "progress"? :(

Cmdr_Crimson

Also, the broken animatronics always make me think of Clifford.

EDIT -- Woah. Charles Grodin that big on the screen is scary....

And to think both of them were in two attractions in WoL...
cranium_command_left_brain.jpg
5f194310.jpg

FettFan

Also, is it just me or does the "adventure" theme to Dinosaur's score sound an awful lot like "Southampton" from Titanic? Did James Horner compose Dinosaur, too?
Click Martin's video at 23:36 and compare it to

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Even with it's "flaws"... At least Disney has ONE ride that's better compared to Uni's version.. Disney wins best attraction for Dinosaurs! BUUT... Also wins WORST with the much outdated Ellen ride (Yet I still love it). So Universal's Jurassic Park ride falls in between these two... Until they update the ride to go with the new movie. Then I'll be Disney will be a step behind Uni once again.

ctxak98

Original Poster
Even with it's "flaws"... At least Disney has ONE ride that's better compared to Uni's version.. Disney wins best attraction for Dinosaurs! BUUT... Also wins WORST with the much outdated Ellen ride (Yet I still love it). So Universal's Jurassic Park ride falls in between these two... Until they update the ride to go with the new movie. Then I'll be Disney will be a step behind Uni once again.
Totally agree with you! Idk how they did it, but disney totally won with Dinosaurs. However it is sad that they feel it's not okay to work on attractions due to the lack of attractions. Hopefully once Pandora is in place and there's a nighttime safari, they will work on fixing the Yeti and then give Dinosaur some much needed love!!!

Chef Mickey

I seem to remember the dino where your picture is taken was MUCH scarier than currently. He barely moves and doesn't seem to lunge toward the car much. I could have sworn that before, the move was so sudden and deliberate that it actually made you jump.

ctxak98

Original Poster
I seem to remember the dino where your picture is taken was MUCH scarier than currently. He barely moves and doesn't seem to lunge toward the car much. I could have sworn that before, the move was so sudden and deliberate that it actually made you jump.
It indeed was, you are not mistaken. And his jaw moves much less creating a rather dull effect!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom