Neil Patrick Harris to host World of Color

dweezil78

Seriousish question, should be fun to see the answers...

What other 'Disney Legends' other than Julie do you think would make a great host for the new WoC? A name that would resonate with old and young and possesses that high level of class that Julie has.

Figments Friend

-----------------------------------------

*Tony Baxter for WOC narrator* !

------------------------------------------

:D

Why -

Certified Disney Legend...and he has a window on Main Street to prove it!

Closely associated with Disneyland ( the man IS *Disneyland*!).

Celebrates his 50th Anniversary working for the Disney Company this Summer (despite that *retirement*).
DL Ice cream scooper to ride operator, then on to WED (WDI) and into the history books.

Has a persona and voice quality that will appeal to not only Park fans, but also to *Guest Average* for a narrative role.

Recognized and appreciated by Disney Theme Park fans worldwide.

Associated with *quality Attractions*, which may suit this edition of the proposed Show if done well.
Marketing potential with that association.

Has a close personal connection to the past, present, and yes, future of Disneyland and the Disney organization.

Already associated within the Disney Community for his highly entertaining historical talks and convention panels, which would compliment this planned *overview of the Company*s history* theme of the Show.

-----------------------------------

Now to be realistic, i*m not sure if this would be something he would actually be interested in doing if the offer ever came up.
I am just guessing here, but i would image if given the choice, he would much rather be involved in something more directly tied to Disneyland Park itself.
That is where his heart is.
A narration for the nightly fireworks, maybe....

He still gets my vote, however!
:)

Last edited:
Steve Martin would have been fantastic (as would Julie Andrews obviously) but I truly believe in Neil Patrick Harris. He really has a passion for Disney, and he's visible enough in the media to be able to resonant with casual fans both young and old. Not to mention he's a naturally gifted host with a penchant for grand production.

habuma

I was thinking earlier today that Tom Hanks would've been a great choice. He's not a Disney Legend (which poses another question), but he was the voice of Woody and he played Walt Disney in Saving Mr. Banks for goodness' sake.

Now...to take this on a tangent...about Tom Hanks not being a Disney Legend. Why not? You could argue that it's because until Saving Mr. Banks, his primary involvement with Disney was as the voice in a Pixar movie. Okay...then explain how Billy Crystal and John Goodman made the cut. (Not that I don't think they deserve it...just wondering what the criteria is that keeps Tom Hanks out of it.)

Sage of Time

-----------------------------------------

*Tony Baxter for WOC narrator* !

------------------------------------------

:D

Why -

Certified Disney Legend...and he has a window on Main Street to prove it!

Closely associated with Disneyland ( the man IS *Disneyland*!).

Celebrates his 50th Anniversary working for the Disney Company this Summer (despite that *retirement*).
DL Ice cream scooper to ride operator, then on to WED (WDI) and into the history books.

Has a persona and voice quality that will appeal to not only Park fans, but also to *Guest Average* for a narrative role.

Recognized and appreciated by Disney Theme Park fans worldwide.

Associated with *quality Attractions*, which may suit this edition of the proposed Show if done well.
Marketing potential with that association.

Has a close personal connection to the past, present, and yes, future of Disneyland and the Disney organization.

Already associated within the Disney Community for his highly entertaining historical talks and convention panels, which would compliment this planned *overview of the Company*s history* theme of the Show.

-----------------------------------

Now to be realistic, i*m not sure if this would be something he would actually be interested in doing if the offer ever came up.
I am just guessing here, but i would image if given the choice, he would much rather be involved in something more directly tied to Disneyland Park itself.
That is where his heart is.
A narration for the nightly fireworks, maybe....

He still gets my vote, however!
:)
THIS!!!!!!!

Tom Hanks is a good choice, too, @Disneyhead'71.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom