Best table service at HS

TLR134

Original Poster
Looking for suggestions for the best table service restaurant in HS. We have children ages 7, 5, and 1 and would like to do Fantasmic after dinner. Thanks in advance.

zurgandfriend

Just my opinion, The Hollywood Brown Derby is the best table service restaurant in DHS. We took our DS there when he was 5 and he enjoyed it. He still remembers having soup with mickey pasta and a hot dog. That said, with 3 little ones Mama Melrose or Sci Fi should also be considered.

HouCuseChickie

Since you're looking for the F! pkg, I would probably eliminate the restaurants that don't offer the pkg. That leaves H&V, HBD, and MM. H&V does not get very good reviews for lunch and dinner, so unless you must do the characters for lunch...I'd rule that out. HBD is signature, but it's going to be the best food option. MM is OK...the steaks we had there was pretty good, but the Italian options weren't anything amazing to us. Plus the service at MM was so horribly slow when we dined there. Neither HBD or MM is particularly fun kid-wise, but if it's in the budget...I'd go for HBD as it is the clear winner when it comes to food.

MacVenture

Brown Derby. My family (wife and 3kids-8, 6, and 5) and I really enjoyed the food. Since it is a signature, the food quality is better than other options in DHS.

One thing to note, is we had a total party size of 8. The restaurant is not very large , so the bigger parties are all in one area which was rather tight.

EvilQueen-T

look at the menus. the atmosphere at the restaurants at dhs are fine but the food can be hit or miss. everyone will have a different opinion as to who has the best food and with few exceptions all the venues at disney are kid friendly, just some more than others. for me i prefer the food at brown derby, mamma melrose is fine, 50s ptc is hit or miss but fun, and i personally don't like the food at all at sci fi but that's just me. honestly for us we do whatever for lunch and usually head over to the boardwalk area resorts for dinner on our dhs park days.

GrammieBee

The Brown Derby and Mamma Melrose are our two go to restaurants in the Studios because they offer a reserved viewing section with the Fantasmic package. The Brown Derby is more expensive, probably has the best food and has impeccible service. However, we have always enjoyed our meals at Mamma Melrose and have had no problems with the service there.
With three small children, we would suggest Mamma Melrose as children usually enjoy pasta and the atmosphere is much less formal than the Brown Derby.

ToInfinityAndBeyond

I wasn't extremely BLOWN AWAY by Sci Fi, but it is a really cool experience and definitely more kid friendly.

If you're doing the package, Mama Melrose is likely better for your children.

Gaston's gal

Our family's favorite is Mama Melrose. The pasta is so good and they have great pizza & spaghetti and meatballs for the kids. We did like the fact they have the Fantastic package too. Have fun!

DisneyMusician2

For food and the package, I'd go Brown Derby all the way. It's just a bad value on the DDP if you have it.

For overall fun with the kids, the SciFi or 50's are wonderful choices!

I do have a soft spot for the 50s pot roast, just brings back some great memories!

sgtmgd

Brown Derby cost 2 credits on the dining plan if that matters, the food will be pricey if not on the dining plan if that matters...lol...We always eat at Mama Melrose if doing the Fantasmic Package..the steak over Mac n cheese is quite good, we love the atmosphere..service can be slow at times but we think its the best of the choices eons better than Hollywood and Vile..less expensive by far than Brown Derby and the food is good.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Another vote for Brown Derby as best TS restaurant in DHS. As others have stated, it's a Signature restaurant and the menus options are probably not the best for kids the ages of your children. We ate dinner at Hollywood & Vine and that is the last time we will eat there. IMHO, it's the typically meh Disney buffet, but is probably good for your kids. Personally, I would do dinner at Mama Melrose (love the chicken parm).

punkabella

I would recommend Mama Melrose's but at lunchtime using a fantasmic package. We had a reservation at 12pm and it was a great location to work our way towards so we didn't have to run across the park in the evening for fantasmic. Our waiter was great and the food was wonderful! You get an appetizer at MM where you don't at the others.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom