Pre-Trip Let's Take a Revote, a First Visit, a Birthday, and Who's Edward?!?

Hello everyone! When I last left off of planning our trip for 2014, we ended up having to cancel because of baby number 3 being born about a month before we were going to go! We had decided that we were gonna try the DL resort in the spring! My wife and kids all had never been. My sister was going to tag along too! It was going to be cheaper to go to Cali for a week than WDW. We then got a pin code! I did the numbers and a FL trip would end up costing the same. Well a few weeks ago when we starting planning my wife goes to me, "let's take a Revote and see what everyone wants to do!"

"What do u mean Revote?"

"If you want to go to Disneyland in California raise your hand!" Me and my son Landon wanted DL.

"Now who wants Disney World in FL?" Herself, my youngest son (trader) and my sister all said FL! I lost :(

I was bummed but I understand what my wife was saying. She wanted the DL trip to be special and for all the kids to be old enough to really enjoy it! Ok, I can understand that.

So I immediately went online and started grabbing ADRs for our trip, and to our surprise, so much was still available! I was shocked. The only place we couldn't get into was Be Our Guest. And everything we wanted we got and it was at about the 145 day mark!

Need to excuse myself to change a diaper and take care of baby, but will be back with more!

stevehousse

Original Poster
Ok folks! How has everyone been? With winter sucking this year we are so ready for vacation! 68 days left to go! As of today I booked flights for our trip! Although I will admit that I know I got a good deal on tickets ($720 round trip for the 6 of us, baby doesnt require a ticket, though so really only paid for 5) But I am very nervous of the purchase as I have never flown with this airline before.

I was hoping that southwest would come down in price some as they are our preferred carrier, however their price won't come down and I know I wouldn't be able to get it cheaper than what I got it for. It was actually my wife who said we need to buy because of the price, but they don't have very good reviews.

We are flying with Frontier Airlines.o_O
Does anyone have any experience with this airline??? I hope we get good on time flights!

I also got to take part in the whole BoG lunch debacle yesterday which was fun!(not) however we finally were able to get the exact time we wanted on the day we wanted so all is good in the world! :)

Vacation can't come soon enough! I wish I already had my Mickey mail!!!

stevehousse

Original Poster
So tomorrow night is the big one! Online check in and Fast Passes!!! I have everything written down! I am bummed though because info have to work that night! So I will be making my selections while I am closing! LOL

61 days and counting!!!

stevehousse

Original Poster
Yay! 60 days is here!!! We did online check in last night! Also did our FP+ selections. Weird thing though, when making them, it would only let me pick for my wife and I. I actually had to log onto her account for our kids and my sisters to show!?! Whatever, it worked and we got everything we wanted! Our Mothers Day Mommy Daughter Princess fest is in full swing for that day as well!

stevehousse

Original Poster
Here is our official itinerary. We are 99.9% sure we aren't going to change anything until we get there! Since we go in May, more often than not, you really never need a FP for anything!

* Updated *

Tuesday May 5, 2015
Flight out of Chicago-arrives in Orlando a little after 5pm
Check in at Hotel
QS Dinner at resort
Swimming.

Wednesday May 6, 2015
Hollywood Studios
FP+ Star Tours
Indiana Jones show
FP+ TSMM
Disney Jr. Live
FP+ Tower of Terror
Dinner - Mickey Jedi Dinner
Fantasmic

Thursday May 7, 2015
Magic Kingdom
Rope drop for Welcome Show (never seen it before) 8am EMHs
breakfast at BOG 9am
FP+ 7 Dwarfs Mine Train
FP+ Peter Pan
FP+ Big Thunder Mountain
FP+ Splash Mountain
Dinner Caseys Corner

Friday May 8, 2015
Breakfast Kona Cafe
Epcot Center
FP+ Spaceship Earth
FP+ Journey into Imagination
Dinner Garden Grill
FP+ Soarin
FP+ Test Track

Saturday May 9, 2015
Resort Day
Swimming
Mini Golf at Blizzard Beach/ DTD?
Dinner Chef Mickeys
Hang out at Poly after dinner for drinks from trader sams patio and shaved ice for the kids.

Sunday May 10, 2015 (Mothers Day)
Breakfast Cinderella Royal Table
FP+ Enchanted Tales with Belle
FP+ Anna and Elsa
FP+ Jungle Cruise
Dinner Ohana

Monday May 11, 2015
Animal Kingdom
FP+ Kilimanjaro Safari
FP+ Kali River Rapids
FP+ Expedition Everest
FP+ Dinosaur
FP+ Primeval Whirl

Tuesday May 12, 2015
Departure day
Swimming
DTD
Back at resort by 3 for MDE to airport

How does it look? As you can see I do have extra FPs because of baby swap. We also are unsure of where we will want to eat some QS places, but we are too excited for the outdoor kitchens at Epcot for the festival! All that is left to do is by myself and my wife new bathing suits and we are set! So relieved everything is planned and payed for! We cannot wait!!!

Last edited:

FlaggNL

Your trip will be here before you know it! Thanks for reading along! I just want my Mickey Mail already!!!

Ohw yeah! Time flies by! Before we know it it is October and the good thing is we have a summer between, hopefully a nice one :) And in mean time still following as much PTR's and TR's as possible!

mrdrift

The plans sound really great. You are taking some time to relax and swim at the hotel instead of just going all day and night at parks is something I wish I could convince my family to do. Have a Magical time.

stevehousse

Original Poster
Ok so we were able to secure a new breakfast at BoG this morning! Thank god it wasn't the fiasco that we went through lunch for! LOL now do we go with breakfast or lunch? We r leaning toward the breakfast since its new and I want that Cronut!!! we will see what reviews are like when the come out this weekend and make a final decision. 49 days to go!!!

Last edited:

stevehousse

Original Poster
So we are 29 days out! This is starting to move so fast! We got all our Mickey Mail finally and Magic Bands should be arriving at our door step any day now!

We have also added another trip to the Poly! We just love hanging out at this resort! After our dinner at Chef Mickeys, we will resort hop to Poly and get drinks from Trader Sams for the adults, and the kids will get shaved ice from Kona island! We are gonna hang out on the new terrace and beach! It's a dream of ours to stay at this resort some day, but we still like to act like we are staying there! LOL this trip we will have 3 times that we r there!

stevehousse

Original Poster
Magic bands are here! This trip is becoming so real now! I would add my picture but iPhone 6 doesn't like this app to much! So many glitches...:mad:

26 days left to go!!!

disneypearl

Great! I'm glad your Magic Bands arrived. That's really a fun package to get and it let's you know the trip is almost here. I usually take that as a sign that I can start packing some things.

stevehousse

Original Poster
19 days!!! We are down to the teens! So exciting! Our Magic Express info came last week as well! Me and the kids can't wait! It's so close. Still need that bathing suit though...lol

mrdrift

Better hurry on the bathing suite, your trip is right around the corner. The felling of getting the magic bands is really exciting and the vacation is really close. Following along.

stevehousse

Original Poster
Finally got my bathing suit!!! LOL

About to be at 14 in an hour! We are set with everything! We just need to pack! :arghh: Not looking forward to that at all!

Finally was able to pull out the old infant carrier and try my baby girl in it too! She loved it!

The boys are more and more exited to go everyday! The middle child was at the doctors last week and with his shoes on he measured there just over 40 inches!!! I am praying he will not be turned down at any of the rides he wants to try now that he is big enough! It would be such a disappointment. My oldest child when he was barely a hair over 40 inches, was able to get on everything for his height except Dinosaur (kinda), we just waited until the lady measuring outside was switched! LOL he made it, we re measured inside before the ride again, and was let on! Out of all the rides my middle child, Declan, wants to go on: Tower of Terror! I am nervous to let him ride because i think he will be terrified, but this kid is a dare devil and isn't afraid of anything! So we will see how that goes. Funny story, I think I mentioned it before at the beginning of my pre trip report, but she went on the ride when she was 4 years old, and has dubbed it, Tower of Tears! She actually is willing to give it another shot though, which is cool!

One last thing I'm mad about! I checked The website that lists the times of the Characterpalooza in DHS, and scheduled my FPs around that and have an ADR for Jedi Mickey dinner at 6. They meet n greet got rescheduled to 610pm!!! :mad: That was the one new thing I was looking forward to the most!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom