Disney next week and overwhelmed with Dining!

RinkaDink

Hi, when I've done dining plan, I usually save the TS for a big lunch or dinner, or for a character buffet bfast. The servings at Disney are substantial, I always ended up taking my desert to go back to the resort because I was too full, and I'm a husky gal who loves to eat! I find the cheapest meal to buy out of pocket is breakfast. I like to go to Peco's Bills or Cosmic Rays for a light lunch or light dinner. Have fun!

coachwnh

Plaza Restaurant in MK, or Grand Floridian Cafe in the GF.

I agree with these MK area choices as well. If you do need three meals and will be paying out of pocket for the extra while in the MK, these are good choices for the price.

PS Welcome to the boards!

yedliW

I also am in the camp that doesn't like to use TS credits at breakfast, but Chef Mickey's is one of the more expensive breakfasts, so it isn't as bad of a credit as some of the others.

The 2x I have had TS breakfast, I made sure to get our moneys worth out of it.. (Crystal Palace and 'Ohana, we paid OOP for that, and would recommend the experience), and as a result, it held me over until a snack in early to mid afternoon then a QS dinner somewhere.

itsmilasmommy

Original Poster
Thank you all! You have certainly given me something to think about. Do you think its worth it to change the Hollywood and Vine Character breakfast to lunch instead (my daughter loves DJ, so I know she would love this). I dont see a character dinner for H&V, just lunch which is at 150 (or 11a). And then use a QS for dinner?
@coachwnh , thank you so much for the welcome!

Thank you all! You have certainly given me something to think about. Do you think its worth it to change the Hollywood and Vine Character breakfast to lunch instead (my daughter loves DJ, so I know she would love this). I dont see a character dinner for H&V, just lunch which is at 150 (or 11a). And then use a QS for dinner?

That is what I would do if it doesn't mess with your plans too much. When I do the DDP I like to "beat" Disney as much as possible.

coachwnh

You're welcome. Enjoy your trip!

JillC LI

Thank you all, this is super helpful! @JillC LI , when you did TS breakfast, did you just do an out of pocket for that early TS?

No, since I got 1 TS credit per day, I would use it for that breakfast meal and then use QS credits for my early dinner meal. More often than not, we'd use our TS credit for dinner to get the most bang for our buck, but usually there is one TS breakfast we want to do per trip, so what the heck. Character breakfasts are expensive too so it's worth the credit.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom