Universal Orlando own monorail system to 3 parks?

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
I can see some form of specially made, aerial shuttle from current CityWalk to a second location, but I don't think there will be individual park stops. Maybe HR and Porto will share one, one for CW and the parks, one (MAYBE two) for the three other hotels and water park, and then the new location.

lazyboy97o

No..... The federal government offered money to build a bullet train from Daytona to Tampa but the FL government didn't take the money for various reasons.
No, it was Tampa and Orlando and would have saved five minutes off driving while costing well over double for its primary demographic.

donsullivan

Premium Member
The public right-of-way issues on this one would completely shut it down from the start. The only reason Disney can do it is that they already own all the land in between everything. For Universal to consider something similar it would require passing over major Interstates, thru public right of way and onto and across private property owned by others. While an intriguing concept, in a practical sense it would be way too cost prohibitive to pull this off.

Disneyhead'71

The public right-of-way issues on this one would completely shut it down from the start. The only reason Disney can do it is that they already own all the land in between everything. For Universal to consider something similar it would require passing over major Interstates, thru public right of way and onto and across private property owned by others. While an intriguing concept, in a practical sense it would be way too cost prohibitive to pull this off.
And yet, I bet that there will be a Universal transportation system between the current resort and what they build on the WnW plot.

donsullivan

Premium Member
And yet, I bet that there will be a Universal transportation system between the current resort and what they build on the WnW plot.

Sure, they may have some sort of transportation system in that scenario but it will likely be buses contracted to an external party vs. Universal operating them themselves. No different than Disney choosing to outsource Magic Express to Mears; way too many regulatory and liability issues when they are moving on public roads.

Disneyhead'71

Sure, they may have some sort of transportation system in that scenario but it will likely be buses contracted to an external party vs. Universal operating them themselves. No different than Disney choosing to outsource Magic Express to Mears; way too many regulatory and liability issues when they are moving on public roads.
I meant some sort of fixed rail, probably elevated.

BrerJon

If you look at what happened at Disney, what started off as dreams of monorails and PeopleMovers became basically buses, and as boring as they are it works fine, so I can see Universal doing the same. If it takes twenty minutes to travel from Epcot to Animal Kingdom, ten minutes from CityWalk to a mystery third/fourth gate location will be nothing.

Look at the Cabana Bay buses, they're great fun, themed on the outside to go with the resort. I think that's just a taste of things to come.

The way the Hogwarts Express conceals reality may also gives clues. My guess is they will use buses and regular road transport to get people between the resorts, water park, third gate etc., but they may well have screens in the windows or be themed on the inside so that you're not taken out of the bubble too much. No new infrastructure needed, just a nicely themed fleet of efficient city buses.

erwinalber4

It will definitely be interesting to see what they come up with. I'm betting busses and possibly the ability to move from parking garage to a new parking lot at a 3rd gate if hopping from IOA/USF. Much like Disney.

HauntedMansionFLA

I think somewhere down the road if universal does build a third park after its waterpark depending on where the location of the third rumored park might be...I feel like guests will not always want to walk all around all 3 parks, because it get very congested!!! The idea of a future mass transit monorail system should be talked about in a couple of years IMO. connect USF-To IOA to third UO park/waterpark. If they could expand it with the hogwarts express that will do.
Any news on this?

captainmoch

I do kind of hope Uni comes up with a way of transportation to the mysterious 3rd/4th gate land and the Volcano Bay area rather then buses. I perfectly understand why they would, but a bus-free close proximity 3 park + 1 water park resort is the dream.

Also, is there any word on if they do get the 3rd/4th gate land, would they immediately get to work on a 3rd gate? I still think there's some stuff at the first two parks that could use some work. Namely, upgrades to Seuss/Marvel/JP and replacements of Toon Lagoon and Lost Continent for IOA. US also needs replacements for Disaster, Twister, and KidZone, but luckily we're getting those fairly soon.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom