Survivor: Worlds Apart

NYwdwfan

^It kind of bothers me that he advertises himself as a "Youtube Sensation" when the thing that made him go viral didn't even originally appear on Youtube, but I'll admit the guy is incredibly likeable.

Yeah - it was from Jay Leno. I guess it took off on youtube.

But when he peeks out from behind the car to accompany his wife I giggle every time.
EDIT: That part doesn't happen in the video I posted. Those versions all seem to be marked private and I can't embed.

PUSH

Just realized I won't be able to catch the season premiere or the second episode on TV because I'll be working. :(

I guess I'll just have to watch each episode on Thursday night both weeks. There's always something special and exciting about sitting down to watch the premiere on TV. Watching the last few minutes of the TV show before it, counting down the minutes, then it cuts to the dramatic opening scene.

TheOriginalTiki

If you guys haven't seen it yet, this video is definitely worth a watch (though it's a long sit...)

My favorite parts are when any of the people at the table start arguing with Probst about his weird opinions about the game. Rob C. and him really got into it with Probst's stance that you can't win the game without making a big move. Also, Cochran is much more likeable in podcasts and stuff like this than he was on the show where he was playing to the camera the whole time.

DinoInstitute

Original Poster
2 comments on the first episode:
  1. It was already more entertaining than 7/8ths of last season.
  2. Feather guy is insanely creepy. Like dead bodies in the freezer creepy.
That's all for now.
I think I agree. Well, I think the first point is a bit of an exaggeration, because SJDS was I think nice, but yeah, this premier was excellent. Usually the first episode is filled with horrible strategy, but I found it interesting to watch tonight. Except for So's lie, which...eh hem, could use some work:p I'm glad personally she was the one to go though. Didn't like her really, and I found myself to really like Carolyn. And I find it kind of funny because she was actually part of the pair that got medically cut at the last minute for SJDS:p. And the cast seems great, too.
Vince is creepy as well, can't disagree. And I don't like him...he seems like kind of a . I like Joe and Jenn though. Over on Blue, I think I like Dan and Rodney most.
Looking forward to next week on what we get out of Juoquin (If that's how you spell that:p), and apparently Nina also from the preview...

TheOriginalTiki

I think SJDS was definitely more of a slow burn. It had an amazing post-merge game with Natalie pulling off some crazy moves, but that cast was definitely more middle of the road than the group we have here.

-I'm loving the Max/Tyler/Shirin/Carolyn alliance. Joaquin is definitely being set up to be the short term pre-merge villain. To his credit I like how not only did he convince So to go for "deciete" but he also roped her into being the one to lie about it to the tribe...thus her taking most of the blame.

Mike was the HUGE suprise of the episode for me. I wasn't expecting much personality from him but out of the gate he's easily the most genuinely likable person in the entire cast. Dan is a trainwreck and I hope Mike smarts up and distances himself from him. No one else from Blue Collar really stood out besides Rodney who was much more sympathetic than I thought he'd be.

My home town girl Jenn was the STAR of the No Collars <3 <3 She's easily my top contender to be the winner at this early stage. Vince is just a priceless character. He's all the crazy parts of Brandon Hantz, TroyZan, and Coach all rolled into one and yet somehow he seems more genuine and less try-hard than any of those people.

PUSH

Just watched the premiere.

I too am loving the Tyler, Max, Shirin and Carolyn alliance. I'm liking Tyler the most out of them, which surprises me based on pre-game interviews. He seems like he's quietly playing this game in a very strategic way. Max is also up there with the most-liked from me. Shirin and Carolyn aren't bad either, but I think Shirin will be more of a number than a player. With that being said, we have far more players in this season than last season. I think there are at least 2 or 3 true players on each tribe, along with some characters that could make for some entertainment. I also liked Joe and Jenn from the No Collar tribe. They both seem genuine and just awesome personalities. For the Blue Collar tribe, nobody stood out to me really. Mike is likable, but I don't really feel a lot of strategic vibes coming from him. Lindsey seems to be my favorite for now, but that could flip in a moment's notice.

As for players that I'm not so fond of... Dan immediately comes to mind. He's a huge fan, but he's a trainwreck waiting to happen. He didn't come in with any real idea of how to play the game. He's almost too much of a fan, and he's having a hard time seeing Survivor from a player's perspective. He is far too excitable, and he's all over the place emotionally. Joaquin could make for some great TV if he can last long, but I'm on board for voting him out. He's clearly the biggest threat to be a villain at this point. I thought I was going to like So based on the pre-game interviews, but I ended up happy when she was voted off. If I was in her position, my mind would have been "blindside Joaquin" as soon as he forced me to choose the deceive bag.

My far too early favorites to win this season are Jenn, Joe, Tyler and Max. Joe I think could get close, but he'll become too big of a threat after the merge. Jenn, Tyler and Max have the likability, and I think Tyler and Max have the strategic edge over Jenn, which could be a double-edged sword. I also think Carolyn is a dark horse. She isn't physical, but if she can get the numbers in her favor, I think she could quietly run the game, much like Tyler is doing in the early phases. However, I think Carolyn also could be too loud mouthed and do herself in.

So I guess what I'm saying is, this season has potential to be one of the greats, and Tyler is my top favorite in the early goings. Hope for some great drama along the way!

NYwdwfan

Just watched the premiere.

I too am loving the Tyler, Max, Shirin and Carolyn alliance. I'm liking Tyler the most out of them, which surprises me based on pre-game interviews. He seems like he's quietly playing this game in a very strategic way. Max is also up there with the most-liked from me. Shirin and Carolyn aren't bad either, but I think Shirin will be more of a number than a player. With that being said, we have far more players in this season than last season. I think there are at least 2 or 3 true players on each tribe, along with some characters that could make for some entertainment. I also liked Joe and Jenn from the No Collar tribe. They both seem genuine and just awesome personalities. For the Blue Collar tribe, nobody stood out to me really. Mike is likable, but I don't really feel a lot of strategic vibes coming from him. Lindsey seems to be my favorite for now, but that could flip in a moment's notice.

As for players that I'm not so fond of... Dan immediately comes to mind. He's a huge fan, but he's a trainwreck waiting to happen. He didn't come in with any real idea of how to play the game. He's almost too much of a fan, and he's having a hard time seeing Survivor from a player's perspective. He is far too excitable, and he's all over the place emotionally. Joaquin could make for some great TV if he can last long, but I'm on board for voting him out. He's clearly the biggest threat to be a villain at this point. I thought I was going to like So based on the pre-game interviews, but I ended up happy when she was voted off. If I was in her position, my mind would have been "blindside Joaquin" as soon as he forced me to choose the deceive bag.

My far too early favorites to win this season are Jenn, Joe, Tyler and Max. Joe I think could get close, but he'll become too big of a threat after the merge. Jenn, Tyler and Max have the likability, and I think Tyler and Max have the strategic edge over Jenn, which could be a double-edged sword. I also think Carolyn is a dark horse. She isn't physical, but if she can get the numbers in her favor, I think she could quietly run the game, much like Tyler is doing in the early phases. However, I think Carolyn also could be too loud mouthed and do herself in.

So I guess what I'm saying is, this season has potential to be one of the greats, and Tyler is my top favorite in the early goings. Hope for some great drama along the way!

I knew you were writing a dissertation when I got an alert you liked my Survivor post and then it took 16 minutes to get the alert you replied to the thread. :p

In the meantime, I discovered I'm officially a geek.

PUSH

I knew you were writing a dissertation when I got an alert you liked my Survivor post and then it took 16 minutes to get the alert you replied to the thread. :p

In the meantime, I discovered I'm officially a geek.
I actually thought about you while writing it. I thought, "NYwdwfan is probably waiting for my mega-post after that like!" :p

And in the meantime, I discovered I'm a Survivor geek. Well, I already knew that, but I reconfirmed it with my weekly Survivor analysis. :geek:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom