What's the longest time you've vacationed at WDW?

daisyduckie

10 nights. First two at the Polynesian, and last eight at the Beach Club Villas. We took the plunge and rented points. I ended up surprised how not impressed I was with the Beach Club. The location is great. But after being on the monorail, the bus service was pretty horrible.

StarWarsGirl

We go twice a year: once in January for 9-10 days and then once in August for 14-17 days. We're DVC members, so that's how we are able to do it.

Our longest trip was 19 days thanks to Hurricane Irene. It was supposed to come through the day we were flying home. So we weighed our options: suffer at home through a hurricane or stay in Disney two extra days? We picked the latter.

StarWarsGirl

10 nights. First two at the Polynesian, and last eight at the Beach Club Villas. We took the plunge and rented points. I ended up surprised how not impressed I was with the Beach Club. The location is great. But after being on the monorail, the bus service was pretty horrible.
Technically with Beach Club, you get bused to the same number of parks you do at a monorail resort: Two theme parks, the water parks, and DTD. We love the pool and being able to walk to Epcot and DHS. Bus service may have improved since you've been there. Swan, Dolphin, Yacht, Beach, and Boardwalk all share a bus to Typhoon Lagoon/DTD, but now BC only shares a route to MK, AK, and Blizzard Beach with Yacht Club.

It's getting a renovation too, so you might want to give it another shot. :)

4disneylovers

On our honeymoon in 1995 we were scheduled there 10 Nights and then a hurricane rolled in and we were stuck 2 additional nights. AAA had to get us out. That was a wonderful trip but we didn't get to go back for 10 years after that.

Last year we were there 14 nights. Very unusual we needed family healing time from my fathers illness and death. It was a total surprise to our children morning we left.

Because we were scheduled to go this year for our 20 year anniversary we are going for 16 nights again. We bought an annual pass to cover both trips which is why we are going longer.

These longer trips are not our norm. Normally our max is 9 days.

Dwarful

Usually eight days but we have done two trips of 15 days. One these trips we spent 3 days at 'other' parks off property and three days at the water parks (evenings in theme parks) and then the rest at WDW. By the end the magic was wearing thin and the specialness was not so obvious even with our children. 8 days is good but still leaves you wanting more. ;)

Pluto15

We are booked up for May for 14 days and can't wait. We got a great package with airfares and hotel and our 14 day passes were complimentary so just out spending money now. All transfers and transport included so its a great deal. Can't wait :)

Have only ever been for 14 days which goes past so quickly. Would love to try three weeks one vacation. We get just under ten weeks vacation a year which helps

HRHPrincessAriel

I think most of the people staying for 2 weeks will be European. It's a long way to travel and to stay for a short period of time does not make any sense.
For anyone crossing the pond, the airfare is the biggest part of the cost, so to stay an extra few nights does not seem to add much more to the overall cost of the trip.
Another thing to bear in mind is that in general our Employement laws and practice means that we generally get much more paid time off from work. In my own case I get nearly 7weeks paid holidays a year. So even taking 2/3 weeks to visit WDW still leaves plenty for other trips.
lucky ;-)

JasonDeyoung

Longest was 10 days, But since I live only an hour away now it usually ranges and depends what I'm going for. I have a trip booked for 7 nights in May for the Everest Challenge and a staycation :) Id say the avg stay though for me is usually 5 nights now days

graphite1326

We did 10 nights once. By the end we were ready to come home. We did all we wanted to do and some 2 and 3 times. We have never gone that long again. We now do 5 & 6 night trips.

TinkerbellKate

When I was young, we would go for two weeks. We always broke it up, a day trip to Kennedy Space Center, Sea World, or even a 3 day cruise in the middle. Now, 7 days seems to be the best for me. I would love to go for a couple of weeks but work gets in the way.

Chef Mickey

We've stayed 14 nights and it was wonderful. You don't feel that "rushed" feeling when you know you'll have 3-4 days in each park.

You can spend entire days exploring the resort hotels, shopping, restaurants, and the other parts of WDW besides the theme parks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom