Has anyone ever tried Hollywood and Vine?

Weather_Lady

Worst meal I've ever had at WDW, too! Huge buffet with lots of offerings -- but every single thing I tried was bland, lukewarm, over-dry, you name it. It just was not good. I'm not a picky eater at all, and I enjoy baked chicken or ziti or a gelatin salad as much as the next person, but I couldn't find anything at Hollywood & Vine to enjoy -- my entire party of 6 ended up getting ice cream right after we left, because we were all still hungry. That has never happened before or since at any WDW restaurant, including counter service places. Not only that, but the "cafeteria" theme and decor is cold, uninviting, loud and unpleasant.

Last edited:

RichS

We have been there a lot over the years (AP holders since 99), and always find it a good meal. Even other family and friends that have gone with us found it ok too. We were suppose to go last April but they had the Starwars dinner and raised the price a ton so we canx. We are always surprised at all the bad reviews of H&V, but then again I always see how Boma is raved about, but we never cared for it the 3 times we were there,

aeillill

I've been there a few time and while it's not the best food on property we've never had any major complaints. I guess we should count ourselves lucky! Our biggest problem was that there's usually too many people packed in there and moving around without bumping into people is near impossible.

4disneylovers

We ate there in 2007 and it was so bad I would never consider going back. The bill was huge and we were still hungry when we left because it was so bad. One of the very few bad food experiences in the world.

tlev

Been there twice. Once for lunch and it was awful. Then again for breakfast. Breakfast was fine. We only went back for my daughter since she was 3 and LOVED the characters there. Thank goodness she has grown out of Disney Jr so we don't have to go back there again. It's probably the only place I've been on property that I can say I will NEVER go back to.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Tried it once, to get the dining package for Fantasmic! and was not impressed. While the character part of the meal was nice, the food was an unimpressive buffet. The same unimpressive dinner buffet we found at Crystal Palace, another restaurant we will not eat at.

If you are looking for options at DHS, try Mama Melrose, Starring Rolls (a good quick service spot), Sc-Fi, 50s' Prime Time or if you want a better quality restaurant, Brown Derby. All, IMHO, are better than Hollywood & Vine.

whitney37354

We've had both breakfast & dinner there & both were fine. We're going again for dinner in June, so DH must be okay with it! We do the dinner for the F! Package so we don't have to wait in line to get into F! The breakfast was good, but the characters were very slow to come around.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom