Boardwalk questions

epcot2004

Original Poster
Just booked Boardwalk Inn (prefer YC/BC but sold out) with Standard view. I found a resort map online and am trying to figure out what our odds are of looking at a parking lot or listening to busses towards the front of the property. I know I'm nuts and could pay for a guaranteed good view but we didn't. We always ask to see where they are putting us before they 'issue the key'. Not looking for free water view, just not the parking lot.

Also, any thoughts on if the Villas are worth the extra cost? Going to be there for 6 nights.

Have not stayed at BW before but have heard great things.

ladydi

We had a standard view and ended up overlooking the quiet pool. We enjoyed not hearing the noise from the water side and were able to see a lot of illuminations from our room. Loved the smaller inn feel and the hotel bar as well as the location! Enjoy!

Hockey89

Just booked Boardwalk Inn (prefer YC/BC but sold out) with Standard view. I found a resort map online and am trying to figure out what our odds are of looking at a parking lot or listening to busses towards the front of the property. I know I'm nuts and could pay for a guaranteed good view but we didn't. We always ask to see where they are putting us before they 'issue the key'. Not looking for free water view, just not the parking lot.

Also, any thoughts on if the Villas are worth the extra cost? Going to be there for 6 nights.

Have not stayed at BW before but have heard great things.
As you said you could have paid for a better view, you choice not to, so you get what you get.... Sorry

sgtmgd

We just got back a couple days ago from the Boardwalk as it is our favorite resort. We always book a water view room as we love sitting on the balcony overlooking the boardwalk and seeing all the activity below and looking out over the lake towards the YC/BC.. It's a really well done resort..It's the one thing Ill miss about buying into the DVC at the Boardwalk is that particular view. I would however suggest getting the 2 bedroom villa vs 2 adjoining rooms. We did a 2 bedroom villa at AK it had alot of room and the bathrooms are much nicer than a standard room, the cost will be slightly higher but if your not pinching pennies Id suggest doing that, plus it has a full kitchen so you bring leftovers etc back to the room if so desired.

epcot2004

Original Poster
Thanks to those who helped. To those that did not, I was looking to better understand the chance of getting a decent view based on the layout of the resort as we have not stayed there prior. These boards are becoming increasingly hostile.:)

Be prepared to walk, BW is a great hotel, but some rooms are very far away from everything.
The Villas are great and if you can "rent" from a DVC member you may get a much better price. There are several sites where you can do this.
Overall, no matter the view BW is a good value, just slightly farther away from Epcot than BC or YC.

DizneyPryncess

I've only stayed at the Villa's side, but our standard views got us a room over the Luna pool on one trip. The other trip was a view overlooking the pathway that walks to DHS. Both were great! I should note that with Villa's, there's no option to book a boardwalk view room unless you rent points from a DVC member. We may have booked that view if we could have, but I've been happy w/the standard views as well.

DebbieB

I would request a courtyard or quiet pool view. The worst standard views face the front entrance and bus stop. I had one above the bus walkway once and could hear people walking by until late at night. Luckily it was only one night until we moved to the villas.

surfsupdon

Standard includes parking lot, gardens, quiet pool, trees. So put a request in. You really should be a fine- majority of standard rooms look out into courtyard, rose gardens, and pools.

If you request a room in the "main building," you will not see the parking lot/ bus terminals. The standard rooms overlook the inside courtyard.

I love BoardWalk Inn.

BuddyThomas

Here's a question- does anyone know why prices for Boardwalk Villa studio standard view would be coming up a bit cheaper than Boardwalk Inn standard view? I thought the Villas were supposed to be a bit nicer with more amenities. Any advice is appreciated.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom