Avatar's first sequel delayed until late 2017

twebber55

Except in this case Beastly Kingdom is the equivalent of Joe Montana before he became the full time starter at either Notre Dame or with the 49ers.
but you don't know that based off of one piece of concept art..we have no idea what would ve been cut from the final product
at least with this we have seen a few pictures, videos, and a model

PorterRedkey

AK's Dinosaur at one point was a lot different too.

http://disneyandmore.blogspot.com/2009/04/tribute-to-tom-thordarson-aka-thor.html

14.JPG

Anders Limpar

but you don't know that based off of one piece of concept art..we have no idea what would ve been cut from the final product
at least with this we have seen a few pictures, videos, and a model

We got Dueling Dragons, Everest and Journey to the Center of the Earth so we have a pretty good idea.

Anders Limpar

I think "Soarin' clone" could spell the end of Soarin' or at least make an argument for a major upgrade. You're going to pushed out into the middle of a high res, 3D movie, on a screen that is curved so your peripheral vision will see the images on the side of the screen, with a seat system that will allow for a much great range of motion. The phrase "Soarin clone" undersells this attraction. Unfortunately, one of our construction gurus @Tom is dealing with some sad personal issues, so he may not be around for a while, but he and I were talking about how the original designers of Soarin' would be salivating.

I see where you're coming from, but I like the looks of these two attractions as well. Plus, I like the look of the land better than what I saw proposed for BK (even taking into account the unicorn maze). I think the one that really got away was KRR. Did you ever see the original design for Kali (Tiger Rapid Run or whatever)? In one version two rafts were going to be joined together and then break apart right before the exciting bit. It looked 1000 times better than what got built. There are a lot of plans out there for things that look awesome, but never happened. I'm quite happy with this addition personally and I also like how the Rivers of Light is looking. Anyway, I've been looking at this site for 12 years and the whole time, the consensus has been that the ship on BK had sailed. There were serious "Mysterious Island" rumors or something of that ilk at one point, but that ship has also sailed (it looked pretty cool as well). In short, I like the look of this land and it is getting built, so I'm not going to get upset over what might have been.

Soarin' clone might be a bit harsh but it's certainly going to be a ride very similar to Soarin'.

PorterRedkey

That looks like the unbuilt Excavator coaster.

Yep. It was going to be included in the Dinosaur area, but was cut for budget reasons. Who knows what would have made it to Beastly Kingdom. It is likely that something would have been cut before it was actually built considering other area in the park had received similar cuts. This happens a lot. Just like the coaster was "cut" from Avatarland.

twebber55

We got Dueling Dragons, Everest and Journey to the Center of the Earth so we have a pretty good idea.
not trying to be disrespectful that makes zero sense to me....you mentioned three E ticket rides from 3 different levels...maybe 1 and mean maybe 1 of those rides make it to BK...again plans change so we have no idea what we would ve got so to say one would be better than the other is essentially pointless....

Anders Limpar

not trying to be disrespectful that makes zero sense to me....you mentioned three E ticket rides from 3 different levels...maybe 1 and mean maybe 1 of those rides make it to BK...again plans change so we have no idea what we would ve got so to say one would be better than the other is essentially pointless....

If you know the histories of the three rides I mentioned then you know how they are connected to Dragon's Tower. Ever heard of the line "nothing dies at Imagineering"? Well, it even holds true when Imagineers move on to Universal. In the case of Dueling Dragons anyhow and even if it's not the same exact thing.

Last edited:

Herah

Except I read an overview of what Dragon's Tower would've been and you saw the Dragon more towards the middle and the train came to a full stop, unlike Everest where you zoom by the Yeti. Plus I think a blast of fire is different enough from an arm swipe ;) I'm sure you would be able to find what I read with a quick google search. It sounded legit.

Just wanted to point out that the Everest train did originally make a full stop at the Yeti. You zoom past it now because it's broken.

Florida_is_hot

Avatar II is going to be a flop, I do not understand why people liked Avatar.
Avatar, is "Dancing with Wolves = with CGI Aliens". It is supposed to make us feel bad about exploiting the "Noble Savages".
Late 2017, or early 2018 .... or whatever is all good with me.

NMBC1993

Avatar II is going to be a flop, I do not understand why people liked Avatar.
Avatar, is "Dancing with Wolves = with CGI Aliens". It is supposed to make us feel bad about exploiting the "Noble Savages".
Late 2017, or early 2018 .... or whatever is all good with me.

I always saw it more as Pocahontas in Space, myself. Even made a video to prove my point a few years back.

Please pardon some of my rough editing patches in the video, I was still running off of Windows Movie Maker at the time and my resources were not as great as they are today (plus experience blah, blah, blah).

Anyway, hope you all enjoy seeing the similarities :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom