Does anyone take a night off from Parks and chill at resort

SeanWM48

we do at least one day with no parks. plenty to do at the resort. we're at the campground and have a meal at trail's end, take the mini motor boats for a ride, hit the pool. take the big boat over to the wilderness lodge and walk around that amazing lobby they have. go back and maybe see hoop-dee-do at night. crocket's tavern for a beer or a drink afterward.

it's a full day but relaxing. i feel like it elongates the vacation and recharges your batteries. if i do parks every day the whole thing just flies by and i'm exhausted.

Pluto15

Original Poster
we do at least one day with no parks. plenty to do at the resort. we're at the campground and have a meal at trail's end, take the mini motor boats for a ride, hit the pool. take the big boat over to the wilderness lodge and walk around that amazing lobby they have. go back and maybe see hoop-dee-do at night. crocket's tavern for a beer or a drink afterward.

it's a full day but relaxing. i feel like it elongates the vacation and recharges your batteries. if i do parks every day the whole thing just flies by and i'm exhausted.

I am so looking forward to trails end its a great place. Do you like it there?

daisyduckie

We don't, but I think we need to. Most of my recent trips have been fairly short ones, 4 or 5 days. My last trip was 7 days. There was no break day, but we definitely could have used one. Even though we didn't stay in the parks all day, we were all pretty tired by the end. A day to just relax or swim would have been a good thing.

aeillill

Depending on the length of our stay we always take at least 1 day off from the parks to just enjoy the resorts/refuel. There's so much to do on property that we always find something to do even if it's just take a stroll on one of the beaches.

DisneyDaver

Hi all,

I was wondering if in the middle of vacation anyone takes a night out from the parks to chill at the resort, maybe eat at the resort then go for a walk or relax in room? Some of the resorts look so amazing and wondered if anyone chooses to do this?

Always. Some great places for a walk, particularly around the Epcot/DHS resorts and Swan/Dolphin.

Dj Corona

We always stay @ Riverside, so unless there's a late evening EMH, we make sure to keep a night open to catch Yehaa Bob during the weekends @ the River Roost Lounge, the pool bar's pretty nice too, as well as the room delivery pizza. A very scenic resort to take an evening stroll through, too...

Belle_MTL

We always take a day or two off even if we're only there for 7 nights. We usually go to DTD on one of those days. We like to stay at Fort Wilderness and there's always something to do. It's also nice to just relax at our cabin and let kids play outside.

sjhym333

I have gone whole vacations with not going to the parks. I just relax around the pools and enjoy the resort.

We have also done that. If our plan is to do the parks a lot we will book ourselves into a value or moderate resort but if we are looking at a more relaxing vacation we might go to a Deluxe resort. We spent 3 nights at Bay Lake Towers on the MK side and did very little but enjoy the resort and relax. Each night we invited friends over to have drinks and snacks and watch the fireworks. It was a great three days.

jcrosby4

We actually do that EVERY day. We do parks in the morning and through mid-afternoon, spend time at the pool at the Beach Club Resort in the afternoon, then dine over at EPCOT early evening, followed by either Illuminations or a trip back to the pool at the BCR.

This reminds me of the fact that a vacation to WDW can easily become an overplanned, overscheduled non-relaxing vacation. What's the point of calling it a vacation if you don't shape your trip to have downtime?

Incomudro

Without a doubt!
Of course, we've been taking vacations that last more than seven days - so that allows us plenty of time to take a night or day, or more just staying around the resort itself and not scrambling to hit all the rides.

SeanWM48

I am so looking forward to trails end its a great place. Do you like it there?
It's my favorite place to eat on Disney property. I'm very biased but all I can tell you is it's really fun and the service is always on point. The breakfast buffet is top notch. We've done dinner there before and that was fun as well. Crockett's is attached for after dinner drinks if you're interested.

All of it is connected to the hoop-dee-do so if you plan on seeing that show you can really have an entire experience in that area. I could go on and on but I'm just a big fan of what they're doing at Fort Wilderness in general.

dreamfinder

Sometimes. I tend to be more of a commando touring style while we purposely build in down time for my DW. Definitely take time to check out resorts during the holiday season, and when we dine at a resort, that usually lets us spend time hanging out.

Disneydreamer23

I did this on arrival Day last year and It was really nice having a day off just shopping and relaxing, I would do it again this year, but we are going on a cruise and We will be relaxing on the ship!

S. Paridon

We always take a day off, usually in the middle of the trip. That being said, we usually go to a park that night, do a couple of rides and then bail. Honestly, after crushing MK on the first day, EPCOT on day 2, we start to ease up and take it easy for the rest of the trip. Our last day is our last full day in any of the parks.

Blackburn23

Every trip! They resorts are so nice that we always take at least 2 days off from the parks. One to lay around our resort (Moderate and up usually), and one day to tour around to some of the deluxe resorts and spend the evening at the Boardwalk.

EOD K9

Last year my wife was VERY pregnant with my daughters and had a five day trip booked for a while. We did the exact opposite. We went to the parks for one day and spent the others exploring the hotels on the monorail loop, riding the resort launches, hopping to other resorts, mini-golf, DTD, and the like. It was one of the best WDW vacations we have taken. Our next trip is a night at VWL prior to the cruise and a night at BLT when we get back. Our first night is just to hang at DTD and the hotel as we have never stayed there. Upon our return, we will hit the parks for as little or as long as our daughters (10 months by then) want to be there. We are going with no expectations, just get some pictures of them during their first WDW trip and maybe hit a few of the easier rides.

LowesChevy

I am a big fan of being in the parks to soak up the atmosphere, but with a busy vacation like Disney there is always a need for some down time.

Some of the resort pools are well worth a couple of visits. Have a big breakfast and a lovely dinner planned and grab some snacks for by the pool bar during the day. The deluxe resorts and DVC pools tend to have a lot of activities in the afternoon for the kids with loud music and people talking on microphones for warning lol.

Like the OP mentioned plan a meal on the monorail line and check out the 3 resorts along the way--also a good rainy day activity.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom