The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

FutureCEO

I really liked Saving Mr. Banks. The lady was insufferable.
I liked how in this version she "warmed up". So bad it didn't happen in real life, neither the driver part.

Emma Thompson was brilliant as Mary Poppins author thought I don't like Colin Farrell.

tumblr_l46wqiyRmg1qzsy70o1_400.png

saving-mr-banks-470x261.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

ratherbeinwdw

Two weeks ago, I bought a brand new ($100) coffee maker (a 12-cup one, not a single serve like Keurig) from a high-end brand, that I've used in the past as well. I had one dud a few years ago, but this one broke after using it two times! I'm taking it back to the store tomorrow. Been reading online reviews of many different brands (in various price ranges) and none are stellar. Are there any decent brands of coffee makers out there anymore?
We have a Hamilton Beach two-in-one. It has one side for individual cups and one for up to 12 cups. I only drink one cup, when I drink coffee, so having that single serving side is great. My daughter drinks coffee or tea all the time so the other side is for her use. We like to grind our own coffee, so those Kerig type coffee makers aren't for us. We've had this one a little over a year with no problems at all.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
We have a Hamilton Beach two-in-one. It has one side for individual cups and one for up to 12 cups. I only drink one cup, when I drink coffee, so having that single serving side is great. My daughter drinks coffee or tea all the time so the other side is for her use. We like to grind our own coffee, so those Kerig type coffee makers aren't for us. We've had this one a little over a year with no problems at all.
The Keurigs have a cup-insert-thingy (that's the technical term) that allows you to use your own ground coffee.
I have never use ours, as I liked flavoured coffee, but Hubby uses it.

image.jpg

Cesar R M

In other news, we had an insanely freak storm yesterday (today early morning).
It rained hard.. I mean REALLY HARD.
with big winds, lightning..etc..
I say freak.. because I have never seen a storm this strong on this month of january. IN ALL MY LIFE.

We usually get small rain with zero wind.. minimum rain when it rains.. and mostly no rains.
But today.. wow.. the whole package. It almost looked like an storm you'd see during the top days of the hurricane season.
And it also lasted a lot.
from 2:00 am to 6:00 am.. pure.. continuous.. rain.

Guess who got wet at 2:00 am closing the windows of a car and picking up the chairs of the patio?
:hilarious:

donaldtoo

"Johnny Football" irks me. Being from NE Ohio I am so tired of hearing about him.

Yea, he's just one of our Texas punks. Hopefully, he grows up and matures in time not to see his career blow away in the wind. So much promise, and he's just been a non factor, so far. He needs to become a more humble man and realize he's not all that. If he gets his heads on strait, the sky's the limit. If not, good riddance.

I understand Marshawn Lynch's aversion to the media (so many in the media are maggots with their own twisted agenda), but, he signed a contract. Honor the contract, properly, or go sell life insurance or used cars.

As far as the other two are concerned, If H and B dropped off the face of the planet...

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Oh, and don't forget about the Puppy Bowl on Animal Planet. It starts at 3:00 today, and I think they're going to repeat it on a loop until 1 AM. I don't watch regular football, but I love the Puppy Bowl--great show!!! :happy: :joyfull:

The puppy bowl is the best. It always makes me want a new puppy, but hubby always reigns me in. I suppose that is a good thing, if not I would probably have a 100 (okay maybe 5) dogs and be known as the crazy dog lady.

Goofyernmost

In other news, we had an insanely freak storm yesterday (today early morning).
It rained hard.. I mean REALLY HARD.
with big winds, lightning..etc..
I say freak.. because I have never seen a storm this strong on this month of january. IN ALL MY LIFE.

We usually get small rain with zero wind.. minimum rain when it rains.. and mostly no rains.
But today.. wow.. the whole package. It almost looked like an storm you'd see during the top days of the hurricane season.
And it also lasted a lot.
from 2:00 am to 6:00 am.. pure.. continuous.. rain.

Guess who got wet at 2:00 am closing the windows of a car and picking up the chairs of the patio?
:hilarious:
OH, OH... I know this one... it was the Butler. Am I right?

You may have noticed that I have stayed out of the SuperBowl discussions.
a) I don't watch football
b) I know nothing about either team playing
c) Some of y'all are pretty entrenched, and I don't want to offend anybody.

I'll leave the "offending" job to @Goofyernmost. :hilarious:
Always, always leave things to the professionals.

GO SEAHAWKS! :D
The only way the SEAHAWKS can win is if the Patriots get delayed on the way to the stadium and they have to forfeit.
Ironically, they could be delayed because someone let the air out of their bus tires. Probably a atmospheric pressure problem.
See @JenniferS, that's how it's done!
You can take the boy out of New England, but, you cannot take New England out of the boy.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
OH, OH... I know this one... it was the Butler. Am I right?

Always, always leave things to the professionals.

The only way the SEAHAWKS can win is if the Patriots get delayed on the way to the stadium and they have to forfeit.
Ironically, they could be delayed because someone let the air out of their bus tires. Probably a atmospheric pressure problem.
See @JenniferS, that's how it's done!
You can take the boy out of New England, but, you cannot take New England out of the boy.
I defer to your greatness!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom