Traveling alone??

annadseal

Hello all! Buying an AP to WDW has been a life goal of mine for a while now, and I'm currently in a position where I'm able to do so. However, now I'm met with the dilemma of having to travel alone (for the most part) if I get the AP. IF I get it, I plan for my first trip (and use of the pass) to be the last week of May for Star Wars Weekends. I used to go to the parks alone all the time when I did my DCP, but it's been several years since then and I'm much less sure about it now. So I guess my question is how many of you travel to WDW alone and do you recommend it??

wannabeBelle

I do travel alone a lot!!!! I love it, as I plan my trips around what I like and what I like to do. I do meet up with friends who live locally, or people who are traveling for different stuff such as a ride, meeting for dinner. I have always felt safe traveling on Disney property and am always confortable eating by myself at the restaurants or walking around solo in the parks. Cast Members are the friendliest souls around and have always made me feel welcome and not at all lonely. Also within these boards you may find a number of people going and can meet up with groups to run with. I have met so many wonderful Disney people this way @marni1971 @MasterYoda @Kingdom Konsultant and a ton of other people!! Definitely well worth doing!!!! Marie

Upvote 0

Tinkerbella16

I will be going solo in November and I am so excited about it! When I go with my family, I always go off on my own and have some ME time and those times have been the most fun. I like having others there to share things with, but it is so freeing to just do what I want, when I want and staying in the parks until I wanted, repeating my favorites as many times as I wanted to. Not having to answer to anyone and get up early, get ready and head out without waiting on anyone else is just great. I do have a friend who will be staying at a different resort during the same week but for the most part, I'll be on my own. I'm not worried about it at all.. Traveling won't be bad because its only a 2 hour flight from AC to Orlando. I have read so many great things from solo travelers, that its just been so tempting. Having been to WDW 20+ trips, I know the place better than I do where I live.

I think you'll have a fantastic time. Enjoy!

Upvote 0

marissieviolissie

I'm a solotraveller and have been all the time. Miami and Orlando/ Disney.
I like it that way, I can sleep when I want, rest when I want and have nobody else to mind. I admit, sometimes I'd like to be able to share my day and memories but that's the only part that can get to me a bit. However , since I have no one who is as crazy as me about Disney I'll have to go alone or not go at all. Latter is not an option :)

I have to say though that I've always had someone to talk with in line, sometimes a solotraveller too and on one occasion we spent a few hours together at Epcot after the Meet & Greet. I love that about Disney. (Might happen in other parks too ofcourse) . It's never been entirely alone.
And as wannabeBell said: being at Disneyproperty does feel very safe.

I'd go for it!

Upvote 0

LynnB

I've been on two solo week-long Disney trips, and I loved them both. As long as you observe some common-sense safety rules you should be fine. I felt very safe but I did not let anyone in the parks, hotel, etc. know that I was alone. It was amazing - I could do what I wanted, when I wanted, and didn't have to compromise. There were plenty of people to chat with if I felt like it. I would do it again in a heartbeat!

Upvote 0

Sloan

I've made a bunch of solo trips and have absolutely loved it! The freedom to do whatever you choose at your own pace is fantastic. I'd never realized how great the single rider lines can be too.

Note that dining alone has been better than I would have anticipated. You may be surprised who you can meet eating at the bar areas of places like Jiko, California Grill, etc.. - imagineers, execs and the like, who you would normally not have access to, are suddenly your dining companions .... Also, servers will take time to discuss things with you, bring you food & wine samples, and generally do a great job of making you feel very comfortable.

Upvote 0

MermaidJuli

I have actually come to prefer going alone! When I go with my usual companions it is always a compromise between what we want to do and where we want to go. When I go alone, I can go at my own pace and I can do all of the nerdy things I love that no one else appreciates! I have actually been able to really take in so many more details than I do whenever I'm there with other people. I now try not to tell anyone that I'm taking a solo trip so that I can sneak out of here and go enjoy it myself! :)

It's a very liberating experience. You will love it. And congrats on being able to get the AP!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom