Pre-Trip Think the undoable and do the unthinkable

I have some great news! Last November we decided not to go back to WDW in October 2015. The flights from Amsterdam to Orlando were much more expensive so we decided to postpone it to 2016. Maybe some short trips to DLP and a summer vacation in Southern Europe was what we wanted to do!

But when we got married in 2010 we said that in the year we are married 5 years we go to Florida!

Then we try to find a decent summer vacation and well.... when we compared it to the prices we have to pay for a WDW trip in October..... :)

So we thought, what the heck! Let's do it! And do it even better than last October! Let's go into a Disney hotel! And we are married 5 years by the time we are in WDW!

So guess what, we booked our trip for October 2015! WDW here we come again! We booked a room in the All Star Movie Resort from October 16th until October 24th :)

Update 02-02-2015: When we booked the trip we tried to book a room in the Port Orleans French Quater, but it was all fully booked. But last Friday I found out that the resort was open for bookings again. So I called the travel agency and guess what?? We upgraded to Port Orleans!!!!!!!

Update 24-06-2015: Guess what :) We booked another WDW trip! October 2016 will be the second future visit!! And with a lot of advantages :) 200$ gift card, free Memory Maker, Ultimate tickets for 14 days for the price of 7 and a free dining plan! And this time we are staying at Port Orleans River Side!!

Who:
Me, my wife Ria and our daugther Sacha (last time we went with a group of 7, now just our family)

STUDIO_HBDARKRM_7076793821.jpeg

When:
October 16th - October 24th (so we can go to the Not So Scary again!)

090.JPG

Where:
Port Orleans French Quarter

port orleans.jpg

So from now on I will keep you informed when there is news from this side of the ocean!

We are really thrilled we are coming back to WDW! The feeling is very good but is getting better by the day!

Last edited:

FlaggNL

Original Poster
Thanks for the compliment! Great that you liked the TR!

Wow already in March! Days are ticking by for you then! Your maiden trip! It will be magical and wonderful for sure! POP Century looks great on videos and pics. We wanted Port Orleans, but it was fully booked already! So guess we have to stay there in 2016 :) And our second trip will be even beter as the first, we have more time in the parks so it will be less hectic as the first one is my best guess :)

Halloweenhead

Nice, we have family staying in Port Orleans while we are there (My brother is having his wedding in Disney) So I'm sure I'll check out Port Orleans while I am there, it does look lovely.

Yes all exciting, our flights aren't the best (Amsterdam- Frankfurt-Toronto- Orlando. Around 10Hours) but they only cost us just €800 return, for the two of us!!!!

FlaggNL

Original Poster
Nice, we have family staying in Port Orleans while we are there (My brother is having his wedding in Disney) So I'm sure I'll check out Port Orleans while I am there, it does look lovely. Yes all exciting, our flights aren't the best (Amsterdam- Frankfurt-Toronto- Orlando. Around 10Hours) but they only cost us just €800 return, for the two of us!!!!

Great to have family on the trip and even greater that your brother will marry in Disney! We tried it 4 years ago in DLP, but they do not allow weddings inside. They even do not allow to take pictures inside the park with couples fully dressed! Such a big difference with WDW!

Wow what a flight scheduele. That was for us one of the reasons to decide last November not to go. But wow, you really have cheap flight tickets!

We just booked a complete package with the travel agency here.. flight, transportation, hotel and park admissions.

mrdrift

What a wonderful anniversary ideal, to return to Disney World after 5 years of being married. Being able to see MNSSHP in October is a special treat from what I hear. Your last report so nice with all the pictures made it a pleasure to read that trip report. Will be watching for more details and the trip report itself.

HouCuseChickie

Oh, who am I kidding...I'm not waiting until tonight! I'm reading and commenting now! :D I'm so excited for you guys!!! I can't wait to hear more! Of course, you guys are going to become those October people that I never have the chance of running into at WDW since my current work life means no time off in October :( I'll have to live vicariously through you and your family :) You've also got me thinking...maybe I should start a PTR...I'm booked...I could. We shall see...either way, just happy for you guys!!!

Longers

Great news really happy that you were able to get it sorted to visit again. We will miss you by about a week as we leave for Disney on 5th November so it's a shame we couldn't arrange a meet up. Look forward to following along with you pre trip report though

FlaggNL

Original Poster
Nice, we have family staying in Port Orleans while we are there (My brother is having his wedding in Disney) So I'm sure I'll check out Port Orleans while I am there, it does look lovely. Yes all exciting, our flights aren't the best (Amsterdam- Frankfurt-Toronto- Orlando. Around 10Hours) but they only cost us just €800 return, for the two of us!!!!

Things changed on this side of the ocean. Last Friday I found out that Port Orleans French Quarter was back for bookings! So I called the travel agency and guess what :) We upgraded to Port Orleans!! So it is more that great now!!

FlaggNL

Original Poster
What a wonderful anniversary ideal, to return to Disney World after 5 years of being married. Being able to see MNSSHP in October is a special treat from what I hear. Your last report so nice with all the pictures made it a pleasure to read that trip report. Will be watching for more details and the trip report itself.

Thanks for the compliment! And it's getting better and better! Last Friday we upgraded to Port Orleans!! And it is great to be in WDW during the Halloween theme and go to see MNSSHP! Off course when we got the tickets for that party! But is will be more than OK! When there is an update I will offcourse update this PTR and when we got back.... in about 256 days there absolutely will be a TR!

Yeah! So excited for you guys!

Thanks! As you can imagine we are as excited as well! It's getting better by the day!

Oh, who am I kidding...I'm not waiting until tonight! I'm reading and commenting now! :D I'm so excited for you guys!!! I can't wait to hear more! Of course, you guys are going to become those October people that I never have the chance of running into at WDW since my current work life means no time off in October :( I'll have to live vicariously through you and your family :) You've also got me thinking...maybe I should start a PTR...I'm booked...I could. We shall see...either way, just happy for you guys!!!

Haha great that you didn't wait to comment :) We are also sooooo excited! And now even more excited since we upgraded to Port Orleans! And guess you are right about the October people. It is a holiday week here in Netherlands, so easy to book a trip in this period of time. Although being in WDW during a SWW is also on our wishlist, so who knows someday in the future we will be able to meet in a May period. And thanks for being happy! And hey! Start a PTR :) Share the pre feelings with is :)

I'm so excited for you!!!!!!! Hopefully by then I'm living down there, or at least down more often. I'll have to find you!

Thanks for the excitement! And what aboout living down there? Are you thinking about moving to the Orlando area? If that happens before October '15 we absolutely have to find each other :)

Yes, this is a good decision. Glad you were able to figure things out and plan a new trip instead of waiting. Very happy for you and family.

It is a more than good decision! Being in WDW is much better than spending a summer in France, Spain or Greece! It's about chosing the right thing and for us WDW is the best :)

awesome , news flagg, cant wait to hear about you and your family adventures again.. --- and oh guess what youll get another Marathon weekend report from me , too bc we are going back in 2016!

It it absolutely awesome news! And even better now since we stay in Port Orleans! And off course we will share about our adventures! In the pre feelings and when we are back a TR! Great that you have a another Marathon weekend to come! It's nothing for us, but maybe someday, because I would love to buy some NB Disney shoesm, and that is only possible during a Marathon weekend. And guess what.... we booked for 2015 but absolutely will also be back in 2016!

Thats fantastic! I look forward to following along in October!

Thanks, and feel free to follow the PTR also :)

Congrats! Very excited for you!!!

Thanks! We are as excited!!

congrats hope you enjoy your trip!

Thanks, and be sure we will enjoy the trip! Last October was great, but October 2015 will even be better. This time on sight and even in the resort we wanted :)

Great news really happy that you were able to get it sorted to visit again. We will miss you by about a week as we leave for Disney on 5th November so it's a shame we couldn't arrange a meet up. Look forward to following along with you pre trip report though

Hej there, thanks. And yeah we miss each other by about a week. We leave on October 24th. We absolutely should have a meeting if it was possible, but who knows what the future might bring!!

Woohoo! How exciting for you guys:)! Love your trip reports, can't wait to hear more about your trip and read that one!

Thanks! And like you probably allready mentioned we are as excited as well. Until October you have to do it with this PTR, and after that there absolutely will be a TR with a lot of pictures and comments!

Yay! I'm so happy that you are going back!!!

Thanks DOC! We are sooooo happy that we did it and since last Friday even more happy with a room in the Port Orleans resort!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom