Another Hatbox Ghost Rumor...

Magenta Panther

I really want the Del Toro movie because he's the right guy for the material and really, the ride deserves better then a movie that ruins perfectly good production design with a lousy cliche "Workaholic learns to care about his family" story and Eddie Murphy.

I hope Del Toro remembers that the Mansion is indeed creepy, but it also has a sense of humor.

Last edited:

Californian Elitist

Part of what makes Mansion so awesome is that it's a product of its time. It's kooky and macabre as only that era could have produced. This is why I feel that modern additions to it feel out of place. I'm hoping the Hatbox Ghost is on-model and not the D23 knockoff version.

I agree, I'm not too fond of the new Hatbox animatronic. I do like the way it moves, though.

Mike S

Part of what makes Mansion so awesome is that it's a product of its time. It's kooky and macabre as only that era could have produced. This is why I feel that modern additions to it feel out of place. I'm hoping the Hatbox Ghost is on-model and not the D23 knockoff version.
I don't know, I rather like the new staircase scene they added in MK as well as the projected Hitchhiking Ghosts. Also the new attic but the old one was good too.

George Lucas on a Bench

I don't dislike the staircase scene, but I don't feel it really improves on anything either. You can argue that the original version was just a dark ramp with spider webs, but I thought that was awesome! That's totally Haunted Mansion. Plus, we lost any hope of the man in web ever being added...

The tone of the attic has been changed so significantly, the old creep, if he looks like his old self that is, would be coming home to a very different place. I say revert the bride to earlier silent version with the candle as opposed to silly video thing with quips that would make the Roger Moore James Bond cringe, put the bats and screaming pop-up/blast-up ghouls back and turn the lights down so they aren't reflecting on the ballroom glass.

lazyboy97o

No news for him over here. And unlike the other Updates to the Haunted Mansion hatbox was always a Disneyland Exclusive piece of history. So I wonder if they even want to bring him here.
There are stories of a second figure, that also disappeared, being made for Walt Disney World since everything was made in duplicate.

Magenta Panther

I'm very curious how he will turn out with all the new technology of today !

I kind of hope that he'll be revealed to be the Ghost Host. And I hope that in the movie, he'll actually be a good guy at heart - a trickster, but not a villain. Genteel, in a Vincent Price kind of way...

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member

The D23 mockup was built using the AA framework of Lincoln and a quickly re-jiggered head sculpt. If and when Hatty returns to the atty; the working rumor is that he will be built true to the original model using similar practical effects as employed in '69 but with better result through the use of current technology (my guess: a practical figure combined with projection e.g. 7D mine train or just better lighting)

Last edited:

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
If the Hatbox Ghost does make a return to the attic I wonder if Constance will be downgraded to the original beating heart bride as per the original show script in which the heart beats in unison with Hatty's head disapearing and reappearing in the hat box.

Or...if the "Story and Songs of the Haunted Mansion" LP gets a nod in the attraction by actually having the Hatbox Ghost lunge at us forcing us to "fall" out the attic window

Last edited:

lazyboy97o

If the Hatbox Ghost does make a return to the attic I wonder if Constance will be downgraded to the original beating heart bride as per the original show script in which the heart beats in unison with Hatty's head disapearing and reappearing in the hat box. Or...if the "Story and Songs of the Haunted Mansion" LP gets a nod in the attraction by actually having the Hatbox Ghost lunge at us forcing us to "fall" out the attic window
Why? Heads already disappear along with Constance.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Why? Heads already disappear along with Constance.

Why not? Because the Hatbox Ghost defined the whole missing head gag in the first place his prominence could/should take priority over picture-framed suitors; a second-tier gag alluding to the Hatbox Ghost's original effect.

It's very possible that Constance will be retooled to take a backseat for Hattie's rumored rebirth...and later attic rebirth. If not a throwback to the heartbeating bride I can still see Constance being tweaked to make room for the attic's new star.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom