Poly DVC Marketing Material

Vipor51

Original Poster
Have any DVC members out there recieved any information pertaining to the Poly sales that will begin for existing members next Monday?

The marketing material release for this seems to be much different from all of the material that they sent out pertaining to the GF prior to sales beginning.

Thanks for the input as I look forward to discussing a purchase with Ron B next week.

Tom

Beta Return
Today's blog post is the first official information regarding the sale of Poly. We haven't gotten a single piece of marketing literature about it yet. They probably think they can get the word out over social media enough to generate interest, since there are plenty of members drooling over the resort.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I haven't gotten anything yet. On another site I saw a post saying the price will be $160/pt for current owners starting next week. It will probably go up $5 or $10 to the general public after that. They just raised BLT to $170 so it would be in line with that. No word on the point chart. I'd like to know how many points the villas go for.

Gomer

curious what the point chart will look like
How much for a bungalow and how much for a studio?
I saw on another site that guides are saying the point chart won’t be released until Monday with the beginning of sales on the resort. Makes me think the point costs per night are going to be sky high. Otherwise why not release it a few days early and let people start planning how much they want to buy. Seems like they want to keep the sales pitch in the hands off the salespeople so people don’t shy away before they get the full spiel.

dreamfinder

curious what the point chart will look like
How much for a bungalow and how much for a studio?

I saw on another site that guides are saying the point chart won’t be released until Monday with the beginning of sales on the resort. Makes me think the point costs per night are going to be sky high. Otherwise why not release it a few days early and let people start planning how much they want to buy. Seems like they want to keep the sales pitch in the hands off the salespeople so people don’t shy away before they get the full spiel.

Well, DVCNEWS.com dug through the legal filings and found the following
The legal filings do not have any detailed information about the resort's Point Chart. However, as with other DVC resorts, the Polynesian master declaration lists a guaranteed minimum cost for every bookable night. This figure effectively represents an average daily cost for each room type--it would be the highest cost owners would be required to pay per night if all 365 nights were priced identcially.

For the Polynesian, the guaranteed minimum (average) nightly cost is 22 points for a Standard View Deluxe Studio, 26 points for a Lake View Deluxe Studio and 147 points per night for a Bungalow.

So that bungalow cost is right around the 150 points some people were estimating. They then go on to compare to the VGF point averages which were 22 for a studio and 147 for a grand villa. So right in line with those averages to give you a ball park.

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member
With only 20 bungalows and a cost of 147 points per night, do not think I will be buying into this one any time soon. We usually stay in 1 or 2 bedroom villas and love having a kitchen, so I think even having two adjoining studios will not work for us.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
With only 20 bungalows and a cost of 147 points per night, do not think I will be buying into this one any time soon. We usually stay in 1 or 2 bedroom villas and love having a kitchen, so I think even having two adjoining studios will not work for us.
I'm with you on that.

I'm curious to see how they work the connected studios. The rooms are split between 3 long houses so a family of 6 isn't going to be real happy when mom and dad's room is in one and the second room for the kids is in another building. They must have some plan to prevent this from happening.

DVC Mike

PVB_PointChart.png

PVB_Financing.png

PVB_FloorPlans.png

PVB_FloorPlans-1.png

PVB_Map.png

squidward

Some quick math:

To buy 1 week per year in low season - $135,000.
To buy 1 week per year in high season - $230,000.
Oh yeah, add in anywhere from $5,000 to $9,000 a year in dues.

So over 50 years (in low season and without an increase in dues), an owner will spend about $400,000. In high season over 50 years, the owner will spend about $700,000. And this is all if you pay cash up front for the initial purchase price.

Why not just buy one of the homes at Golden Oaks and live there?

Last edited:

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Some quick math:

To buy 1 week per year in low season - $135,000.
To buy 1 week per year in high season - $230,000.
Oh yeah, add in anywhere from $5,000 to $9,000 a year in dues.

So over 50 years (in low season and without an increase in dues), an owner will spend about $400,000. In high season over 50 years, the owner will spend about $700,000. And this is all if you pay cash up front for the initial purchase price.

Why not just buy one of the homes at Golden Oaks and live there?
I get what you are saying, but not quite Golden Oaks prices. Those houses start around $2M and go up from there and I'm guessing the real estate taxes alone are a bit more then $5,000 to $9,000 a year.:eek:

Who exactly is buying these things is still a mystery to me.

MorganKelly

We received the info yesterday. I had to roll my eyes when I saw the per night points needed in late August for a lagoon stay.......wow! :rolleyes:. We are not studios fans (maybe for a night). I would also be concerned staying at a lagoon unit with kids. The over-protective parent in me saw some issues of the ' Danger, Will Robinson! ' type. I would have to see them in person to ease those concerns. But the per-night points would deter us from booking anyway.

Last edited:

Longhairbear

We did not get any marketing material, and I believe it's because I live in California. We can't buy the Poly over the phone, or through the mails. We would have to go to Hawaii, or Florida to purchase in person.

toolsnspools

I got a phone call about a week ago telling me who my new DVC sales rep was, and then yesterday I got a card from him along with the material for the Poly. At $160/pp I won't be buying additional points anytime soon. I've wanted to stay at the Poly for a number of years though, so it won't be long before we are looking for a chance to stay in a new villa there. It'll be in a studio, not a bungalow.

JWG

Did the member preview for this at SSR. Outrageous. I would rather get a BLT theme park view grand villa for a week, spend almost 200 fewer points, and have that space than spend more on a smaller bungalow on the water.

I know this will sellout, but DVC has more than jumped the shark on buy in cost and ongoing point requirements. I will happily keep adding on at BLT and be within walking distance of MK and the MK bus stops for much less money.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom