Interesting rumor at Micechat

Progress.City

Original Poster
The rumor is that one of the atractions that hasn't yet been announced for DLR's 60th is that a themed people mover will transport guests between a new Marval mini-land at DCA to DL, like the Hoggswart Express at USO.

Someone actually said over there that WDW needs something like that more than DLR but it's unlikely WDW would get it because guests keep packing in! I'm not exactly happy that Florida has a reputation like that over there!

It's a good rumor, I think. If it's true, it gives some hope for something like that here - say between EC and HS. If it's true and they are also right about TDO not doing it because the guests keep packing in any ways, I'll be happy for them but beyond upset for TDO!

WDWLover#1

Atm the only way I can see this happening if true, is do a mini scene on the railroad train. It's goin through a big refurb atm so it could be placed the tomorrowland section where there's no platform. Other than that nothing could be built in time until after the 60th is over.

In my opinion, for a themed transportation attraction connecting two parks to work, there has to be a story or reason for you to get onto it and leave the park you're currently in. The Hogwarts Express accomplishes this wonderfully by allowing guests to ride from one part of the fiction to the other, exactly like in the books. It's an integral part of that story.

I don't think connecting two unrelated lands at DLR would make much sense or have the same effect. What would the impetus be for getting on a Marvel themed attraction at DCA and leaving the Marvel land for a (presumably) older section of DL? If the main purpose of the attraction is transportation, why even bother theming it?

Similar reasoning can be used for EC and HS. Why connect them with a themed attraction? You can already easily get from one to the other via bus or boat. I'd imagine they'd be more apt to expand the monorail before connecting the parks with any kind of themed attraction, but this board doesn't need to revisit that conversation again.

Of course, this is just my opinion. Remembering back to when the rumors of Universal connecting their two parks surfaced, the idea was largely thought of as being impossible/impractical/pointless. So who knows what could happen.

Last edited:

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
In my opinion, for a themed transportation attraction connecting two parks to work, there has to be a story or reason for you to get onto it and leave the park you're currently in. The Hogwarts Express accomplishes this wonderfully by allowing guests to ride from one part of the fiction to the other, exactly like in the books. It's an integral part of that story.

I don't think connecting two unrelated lands at DLR would make much sense or have the same effect. What would the impetus be for getting on a Marvel themed attraction at DCA and leaving the Marvel land for a (presumably) older section of DL? If the main purpose of the attraction is transportation, why even bother theming it?

Similar reasoning can be used for EC and HS. Why connect them with a themed attraction? You can already easily get from one to the other via bus or boat. I'd imagine they'd be more apt to expand the monorail before connecting the parks with any kind of themed attraction, but this board doesn't need to revisit that conversation again.

Of course, this is just my opinion. Remembering back to when the rumors of Universal connecting their two parks surfaced, the idea was largely thought of as being impossible/impractical/pointless. So who knows what could happen.

I see what you're saying, but part of the resort has always been on occasion doing something because it's cool. The bus and boat are very slow, inefficient, and not themed to anything in particular anyway. The people mover would be a hella fun way to connect DHS and EPCOT.

Jakester

Disneyland is more plausible for a Hogwarts Express style attraction than WDW. It could only work between Epcot/Hollywood Studios and even then, you have Epcot Backstage/Buena Vista Dr/Studios backstage to go through. DAK is roughly 3-4miles south of Magic Kingdom.

lazyboy97o

The 60th is about six months away and the start date of the celebration sooner than that. Such a thing would also have to run along Harbor Blvd and very likely run into the Anaheim Resort District zoning that Disney pushed.

flyerjab

I would actually prefer them to not have a themed mode of transport between any of the 2 parks. We already have enough people on here complaining that WDW is lax in modern day parking garage technology and that they are resorting to something that is old-school tech. Imagine if they build something that would be viewed as an exact knockoff of the Hogwarts Express. That would, to me, be a recipe for unending doom and gloomers decrying that WDW is now relying on other people's original ideas and aren't coming up with anything on their own.

stevehousse

If u think about it, they could easily get rid of the real Star Tours attraction and move it out if tomorrow land and have the new people mover ride as the new str tours that takes you to Star Wars galaxies far far away!

BrianV

If u think about it, they could easily get rid of the real Star Tours attraction and move it out if tomorrow land and have the new people mover ride as the new str tours that takes you to Star Wars galaxies far far away!

Except my kids will cry if they get rid of star tours!!! :(

MMDDGPCDC

I think that with California being allowed to use the Marvel characters they should use all the technology they can to make it cool and interesting. Unfortunately, in Orlando, they can't so I'd wish they would do a really good job (not rushing anything) and give guests a great experience that no other theme park has.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom