Money

nicole88

I'm 26years old and by any means am I rich nor poor but I'm taking my honeymoon at wdw and visiting universal to see Harry potter in October staying for exactly 7 full days and two travel days (flying in, flying out) question is HOW MUCH SPENDING MONEY do you think I should bring?
$1,000? $2,000?

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I'm 26years old and by any means am I rich nor poor but I'm taking my honeymoon at wdw and visiting universal to see Harry potter in October staying for exactly 7 full days and two travel days (flying in, flying out) question is HOW MUCH SPENDING MONEY do you think I should bring?
$1,000? $2,000?
1) Do you have a dining plan?
2) How much are you into shopping and how pliable are you to purchase overpriced merch?

I go with a purse of at least 2k...but I haven't spent that much in years at the parks for general merch.

Upvote 0

CAPTAIN HOOK

Welcome aboard Nicole.

Spending money is such a difficult topic to advise upon. As a family of 4 we used to take £1,000 per week and this would be for food and souvenirs. We'd have credit cards on stand by in case of emergency or if there was a major purchase we had to buy.

As there are only two of you (assumption) $1,000 should easily cover your meals and souvenirs. But this will depend on your eating habits, how many QS meals and how many TS meals you're having. Do you have a credit card ? If not, you may be safer taking around $1,500 just to be on the safe side

Upvote 0

SDisney90

This varies for everyone and in the end its tough to say. My girlfriend and I with a full package with the dining plan we bring around $600 or so (half in gift cards) we only end up spending about 400 of this. That's including souvenirs, tipping at restaurants and for mouse keeping. It all depends on what you plan on doing, buying, staying, eating etc.

Not having the dining plan can play a huge factor in this. If no dining plan, you can easily go on this website
http://www.distripplanner.com/ and plan your dining for the day. Take a look at menus on this website or any other website and get a general idea of where you will dine and use the calculator on tripplanner to get a rough estimate on how much dining will cost you for your trip (if not on the DDP) I wouldn't bring the exact amount because its all estimated on the average price for the restaurant but you'll a general idea.

Also, since it is your honey moon I'm sure you may want to purchase bridge and groom ear hats, maybe souvenir hand etched wine glasses, Mickey and Minnie wedding merchandise etc. These can become costly and I would set aside a decent amount for this may 300,400, or 500. The sky is the limit, and you know yours. It's a tough question to answer because everyone varies. You can always be on the safe side bring around $500 cash, and a credit card for other purchases as a backup plan. If no credit card try to set away $1-2000 cash, and enjoy yourselves! @nicole88

Upvote 0

MickeyMomV

As many have said it depends on if you are staying on property? Meal Plans? are you buying your US ticket package in advance? We have a family of 3 and always stay on property with the meal plan and bring $1500 or just over. Remember when staying on property w/meal plan you still have tips and that can easily be an extra couple of hundred dollars over 7 days. About 3 years ago we ran over to US for a day and between taxi, tickets, lunch, and a t-shirt or 2 we spent about $550. Take a look at what you plan on paying for in advance and what you will be doing there while you are there and then tack on an extra 25%. You can always take left over money back home but once you are there you can't make extra money appear.

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

We've gotten it down to budgeting $100 / day. Sometimes we dont spend even that. If we see something expensive we want to treat ourselves to we use the credit card knowing we have available funds to pay it off. Its all about being wise, managing yourself and controlling the urge to impulse spend. You can save yourself a lot by bringing your own snacks and drinks but its ok to pick up a disney snack once in a while that you really desire. Being newlyweds you will have to learn to spend and save together and not let yourself get too far into debt. Have a wonderful honeymoon, what a way to start the marriage off.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom