Gravity Falls

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Sock Opera! Oh man was this one a hoot. Best episode of the season so far and it marked the return of Bill! (and the feds:cautious:) I cracked up during Candy's subtitles. Haha.

I wish there were more episodes this season. I kinda think Disney doesn't have faith in the show or doesn't know what to do with it. It's such a good show. Am I right in assuming the fanbase for this series is age 20+?

Last edited:

Matt_Black

I wish there were more episodes this season.

I think it's a full 20+ episode season, they're just spacing it out because it's a show that seems to take a while to produce, so if they show all the episodes right away, then it would be a long wait for the next season.

Magenta Panther

And Gravity Falls is now the proud owner of an Annie for Best TV Cartoon (or whatever the exact title of the category is).

I think it's best TV cartoon. And yay! I'm so glad it won. I just wish Wander Over Yonder had gotten a bit more attention.

And frankly, I think Big Hero 6 was better than How to Train Your Dragon 2, but that's just opinion.

Matt_Black

Another part- it seems that between the writing and animation, it takes a long time to produce a full season (not as bad as The Venture Bros, but...), so it could be that many of the episodes of this season are still in post production. Another reason is to pad it out so that you can have new episodes throughout the year. If you show them all now, then it's going to make the wait for Season 3 seem even longer.

CnoteBflat

At least this is shorter than the first mid-season break. That was over 4 months. Just as long as this season and next season(hopefully) isn't a year long wait I'd be fine.

Gravity Falls is by far the smartest and most well-planned animated show I have ever seen. I love watching Vailskibum94's videos on YouTube that sum up all the secrets and hidden easter eggs in each episode. It would be nice if Disney made a Gravity Falls scavenger hunt attraction in either Epcot (taking up the Agent P adventure) or in HollyWood studios (gives something extra to do while everything in the back is closing/refurbishing for new lands). Gravity Falls seems like the perfect show to base an attraction like this around with it's mysterious setting and supernatural elements.

Magenta Panther

Gravity Falls is by far the smartest and most well-planned animated show I have ever seen. I love watching Vailskibum94's videos on YouTube that sum up all the secrets and hidden easter eggs in each episode. It would be nice if Disney made a Gravity Falls scavenger hunt attraction in either Epcot (taking up the Agent P adventure) or in HollyWood studios (gives something extra to do while everything in the back is closing/refurbishing for new lands). Gravity Falls seems like the perfect show to base an attraction like this around with it's mysterious setting and supernatural elements.

And if they do build Dipper and Mabel walk-around costumes (for the record, I hope they don't), they'll look tons better than those nightmarish Phineas and Ferb atrocities. :p

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
And if they do build Dipper and Mabel walk-around costumes (for the record, I hope they don't), they'll look tons better than those nightmarish Phineas and Ferb atrocities. :p

I don't know...I kinda want them to create walk-around costumed characters. Especially Grunkle Stan. He'd make a great Emcee for Not so Scary Halloween. For some armchair-imaginearing: Tom Sawyer Island can be retooled to Gravity Falls with Mystery Shack Maze.

Any Pacifica Northwest Dippper shippers? Tonights your night.

Magenta Panther

I don't know...I kinda want them to create walk-around costumed characters. Especially Grunkle Stan. He'd make a great Emcee for Not so Scary Halloween. For some armchair-imaginearing: Tom Sawyer Island can be retooled to Gravity Falls with Mystery Shack Maze.

Any Pacifica Northwest Dippper shippers? Tonights your night.

Whaaat??? That stuck up brat? Gimme a break. I'm more of a CandyDipper fan myself. ;)

Magenta Panther

Just saw the episode. Very cool, although I would have preferred that:

SPOILER

Mabel join Dipper in his ghostbusting instead of swooning over boys AGAIN. :p (Kinda sexist if you ask me).

That trophy room scene gave me an idea - if the Haunted Mansion ever gets another redo, maybe a Trophy Room could be added to it - with animal heads which turn to watch you as you ride through, and maybe their eyes could glow and maybe they could snarl and growl and stuff. Scary!!!

Matt_Black

Mabel join Dipper in his ghostbusting instead of swooning over boys AGAIN. :p (Kinda sexist if you ask me).

I can see why they skipped it. First, Dipper's primary motivation in this is to save his sister. She has to be away swooning over boys so he has a reason to come back. Second, Mabel's goofiness would have stepped on the Dipper/ Pacifica dynamic here.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom