The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Wrangler-Rick

Just Horsing Around…
Premium Member
So here's a question for anyone, but perhaps, @StarWarsGirl95 in particular. If cats and dogs are covered in fur, then why in heck do they all insist on sitting in front of the window with the most warm sunshine, and snoozing in front of it? I mean, aren't they warm enough to begin with, all covered in fur??!! (Granted, I keep the heat level at 60 degrees here in the winter; but, that's still fine for me, and I'm not even covered in fur. Lately, he has abandoned his dog bed to go hang out in the sun and then fall asleep.) :cat:
I don't know, but I sometimes like to take a nap in the sun on a cold day. :)

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Two weeks ago, I bought a brand new ($100) coffee maker (a 12-cup one, not a single serve like Keurig) from a high-end brand, that I've used in the past as well. I had one dud a few years ago, but this one broke after using it two times! I'm taking it back to the store tomorrow. Been reading online reviews of many different brands (in various price ranges) and none are stellar. Are there any decent brands of coffee makers out there anymore?

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Two weeks ago, I bought a brand new ($100) coffee maker (a 12-cup one, not a single serve like Keurig) from a high-end brand, that I've used in the past as well. I had one dud a few years ago, but this one broke after using it two times! I'm taking it back to the store tomorrow. Been reading online reviews of many different brands (in various price ranges) and none are stellar. Are there any decent brands of coffee makers out there anymore?
Keurig. :)

MinnieM123

Premium Member

Yes, they're wonderful for single serve. But I also like a regular pot for multiple cups. Keurig has a newer model now with a pot, but I think it would be too expensive to keep buying whatever bigger pods or whatever they use. I just want to use coffee that I grind, and put in the filter. :(

donaldtoo

Trying to think what I saw last year ....

Maleficent x3
Guardians of the Galaxy
Alexander & the Terrible, Horrible ... Day
St. Vincent
Big Hero 6

So, way less than 10 last year. A lot depends on how often I take my niece.

When the kids were little, the three of us (no Hubby) used to go to the drive in every week ... sometimes, twice. 12 weeks x a minimum of 2 movies ....
I saw Spiderman 2 at least a half a dozen times; either as the feature or the bonus.

I've seen 3 movies in the theater in the last 3 years.
Frozen, Saving Mr. Banks, and American Sniper.

StarWarsGirl

So here's a question for anyone, but perhaps, @StarWarsGirl95 in particular. If cats and dogs are covered in fur, then why in heck do they all insist on sitting in front of the window with the most warm sunshine, and snoozing in front of it? I mean, aren't they warm enough to begin with, all covered in fur??!! (Granted, I keep the heat level at 60 degrees here in the winter; but, that's still fine for me, and I'm not even covered in fur. Lately, he has abandoned his dog bed to go hang out in the sun and then fall asleep.) :cat:
Not sure. Cats just like warm places.

Somehow tonight my cat managed to pull a sweatshirt out of my laundry basket on top of the nearby heat vent and I found her asleep on it, so she was sleeping on something soft and was also warm:rolleyes:. She also loves burying herself under several layers of blankets on my bed.

donaldtoo

For me, it's not so much that movies are pricey now in theaters, but I rarely go (maybe once a year . . .) because I can't stand how people in the audience talk to each other, while the movie is going on. Then there's the fools who simply have to turn on their phone, and the light on their phone (in the dark theater) glares at the people behind them in the seats--very distracting while trying to watch a moview. And there are those that have to leave on the ringer and then answer the phone and have a conversation!! :banghead: :mad: For all those reasons, I don't like theaters anymore. I'll rent or buy a DVD of a movie shortly after it leaves the theaters and just watch it at home in peace.

Of those 3 flicks I've seen in the last 3 years, I honestly don't remember anyone (even the kiddos - which there were none of in American Sniper) causing any interruptions, phone or otherwise.
When American Sniper ended everyone filed out of the theater in complete silence.

donaldtoo

That's exactly how I feel about olives.

Oh my.
I love olives...

martini.jpeg

:D ;) :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom