What do these mean? Stateroom types...

Ariel1986

Original Poster
Ok I posted this in the thread FAQ's but nobody answered... sorry if it's been answered lots of times I couldn't find an answer in most threads- there are lots of pages! If someone could point me in the right direction that would be fine?

So... what is the difference between all these options?! I'm a cruise newbie! This is the Magic. Is there a "best" option? Are they all basically the same? How obstructed is the "undersized" Verandah on the first one listed (Category 07A)? Thanks... :)

Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Navigator's Verandah
Category 07A

Sleeps:
3 or 4
Size:
246 sq. ft. including verandah
Deck:
5, 6, 7, 8 and 9
View:
Undersized and/or Obstructed View Private Verandah

Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah
Category 06B

Sleeps:
3 or 4
Size:
Deck:
5, 6 and 7
View:
Private Verandah with Whitewall

Category 06A

Sleeps:
3 or 4
Size:
Deck:
8 and 9
View:
Private Verandah with Whitewall

Category 05E

Sleeps:
3 or 4
Size:
Deck:
6, 7, 8, 9 and 10
View:
Oversized Private Verandah - Some with Whitewall

Category 05D

Sleeps:
3 or 4
Size:
Deck:
View:
Private Verandah

Category 05C

Sleeps:
3 or 4
Size:
Deck:
View:
Private Verandah

Category 05B

Sleeps:
3 or 4
Size:
Deck:
View:
Private Verandah

Category 05A

Sleeps:
3 or 4
Size:
Deck:
9 and 10
View:
Private Verandah

Deluxe Family Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah
Category 04E

Sleeps:
3 or 4
Size:
299 sq. ft. including verandah
Deck:
View:
Oversized Private Verandah

Category 04D

Sleeps:
4 or 5
Size:
Deck:
View:
Private Verandah

Category 04C

Sleeps:
4 or 5
Size:
Deck:
View:
Private Verandah

Category 04B

Sleeps:
4 or 5
Size:
Deck:
View:
Private Verandah

Category 04A

Sleeps:
4 or 5
Size:
Deck:
9 and 10
View:
Private Verandah

sissa216

Also, going from a "Deluxe" room to a "Deluxe Family" room will gain you a bit more space.

The verandahs with whitewall mean the half wall is solid white and not plexiglass.

It can seem very confusing at first! The other main difference between all of the categories is the deck, and location on the deck.

Ariel1986

Original Poster
Thank you @Kingdom Konsultant and @sissa216 ! :)

That's made it a little clearer. Is there a better deck to choose then? Is it about noise? I don't mind about being near or far to things like restaurants etc so if that's one of the differences I guess location doesn't matter?

msidescooter

Thank you @Kingdom Konsultant and @sissa216 ! :)

That's made it a little clearer. Is there a better deck to choose then? Is it about noise? I don't mind about being near or far to things like restaurants etc so if that's one of the differences I guess location doesn't matter?

The location of your room is entirely personal preference. Some like it on the lower decks, some like it on the upper decks. Some like it forward, some like it aft, and then some like it midship. Once you determine which room category you want, it will narrow down what location you can choose from. Or if you want to do it in reverse, figure out what part of the ship you want to be in and then go from there.

If you're concerned about noise, I'd personally avoid staying above/below dinning spaces, kids clubs, adult areas, etc. Cushion yourself between other staterooms and you should be pretty well insulated.

We prefer stating towards the aft of the ship, it doesn't seem to be as congested as the other parts and we rarely have to wait more than a few minutes for the elevator.

sissa216

No problem @Ariel1986!

If location doesn't really matter to you, then you can't go wrong. Choosing the deck is mostly about the convenience of location- but if you're used to WDW, everything is going to feel like it's at your fingertips on a cruise!

I like starboard side for the gorgeous views of Castaway Cay! You'll actually pick your specific stateroom when booking and know exactly where you'll be. As far as noise goes- we just stayed deck 10 on the Dream (which is just below the pool on that ship- so the equivalent of deck 8 on the Magic )- and never had a problem with noise. We were directly across from laundry, and near the elevators/stairs. It was a lovely location, and we never had any problem with noise at all. On other decks, if you're closer to any other public areas, you may see more traffic/noise- during the day.

If you tend to get motion sickness, staying closer to midship helps. I get TERRIBLE motion sickness in cars, rides, etc- so I stay as close to midship as possible.

Ariel1986

Original Poster
The location of your room is entirely personal preference. Some like it on the lower decks, some like it on the upper decks. Some like it forward, some like it aft, and then some like it midship. Once you determine which room category you want, it will narrow down what location you can choose from. Or if you want to do it in reverse, figure out what part of the ship you want to be in and then go from there.

If you're concerned about noise, I'd personally avoid staying above/below dinning spaces, kids clubs, adult areas, etc. Cushion yourself between other staterooms and you should be pretty well insulated.

We prefer stating towards the aft of the ship, it doesn't seem to be as congested as the other parts and we rarely have to wait more than a few minutes for the elevator.

No problem @Ariel1986!

If location doesn't really matter to you, then you can't go wrong. Choosing the deck is mostly about the convenience of location- but if you're used to WDW, everything is going to feel like it's at your fingertips on a cruise!

I like starboard side for the gorgeous views of Castaway Cay! You'll actually pick your specific stateroom when booking and know exactly where you'll be. As far as noise goes- we just stayed deck 10 on the Dream (which is just below the pool on that ship- so the equivalent of deck 8 on the Magic )- and never had a problem with noise. We were directly across from laundry, and near the elevators/stairs. It was a lovely location, and we never had any problem with noise at all. On other decks, if you're closer to any other public areas, you may see more traffic/noise- during the day.

If you tend to get motion sickness, staying closer to midship helps. I get TERRIBLE motion sickness in cars, rides, etc- so I stay as close to midship as possible.

All good tips, thank you! Getting more of an idea now of what to choose when booking. Thanks for the tip about starboard for getting a view of Castaway Cay- I think that may be my choice! I don't tend to get motion sickness so hopefully I should be ok! I'm not so concerned about guest noise as much, but I'd read somewhere once something about vibrations from the engine in some rooms?

I'm so excited to be trying a cruise finally though! :)

msidescooter

I'm not so concerned about guest noise as much, but I'd read somewhere once something about vibrations from the engine in some rooms?

From personal experience we only felt vibration while we were maneuvering into port. The forward and aft areas will feel the thrusters the most, but the thrusters can be felt more or less throughout the ship. The crew is pretty efficient at getting the ship into dock quickly so the use of the thrusters is minimal, considering the length of the cruise.

Ariel1986

Original Poster
Good to know that it's mostly only when maneuvering into port. I think it's time to start looking at the ship layout now that I know what the room descriptions mean! Thanks for the info guys.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom