Does anyone even eat at...

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
What about Restaurantosaurus? I have been by the place many times, never see anyone there and the menu looks blah as does the place.
Me and DH enjoy Restaurantaurus. They have several items we like including a Mac and cheese hot dog etc. we usually eat there once every trip as well as Pizzafari, and Flame Tree we like too but do not like getting attacked by the birds and having to worry about getting pooped on by the passing birds lol. :)

Susan Savia

When in Epcot we eat at the Liberty Inn. It also fits our schedule of touring the park as it's usually lunch time by time we get around to it. Husband enjoyed the crab cakes and I enjoy the chicken sandwich. Have eaten the fish and chips before in England, but really don't care for all the grease dripping from the fish.

TeddyinMO

Liberty Inn is actually one of my favorite basic counter service restaurants in WDW. Pretty consistent food and you can't beat the location. Sitting outside looking out over the Lagoon is great and the inside area is big and roomy. It's a good lunch option when you're having one of the other more exotic options for dinner.

Apparently I'm going to be struggling next time I go to Magic Kingdom. The Pecos Bill taco salad was always my go to QS meal there.

SnarkyMonkey

Original Poster
Sunset Ranch is a group of smaller QS spots lumped together in the spot on Sunset Blvd in right before RNR and TOT. Listings are probably for the individual spots, like Rosie's or Fairfax Fare.

Aw yes. I know exactly what you mean and I usually always grab some snack or other there. Love the frozen lemonade!

Chezman1399

Oh no you can't be serious! No more Taco Salad? At least you can still make free salads from the fixins bar. What about the Tortuga Tavern, is that abandoned already? I like the Taco Salad there since they have sour cream and in the bar, which they don't have in Pecos.

Yeah they got rid of the Taco Salad Nov. 30. Tortuga still has them if it happens to be open, supposedly.

Tinkerfan4ever

A couple years ago we went to Disney with my parents. My dad is a huge burger guy. Seriously could eat a burger every meal. Liberty Inn was his place of choice for QS in Epcot. I dropped him off there and went to Mexico with my family. We met up with him after. I made him venture out for the TS meals, but he was happy with his burger from Liberty Inn. I love the variety at Epcot, but I also understood why he wanted to eat there.

One of our usual counters when in Epcot. We usually have lunch at Sunshine Seasons, then get supper at Liberty Inn. I get the steak meal ($12) or the chili dog ($9) if not too hungry. I specially like the theming with the old flags.

Never visit Electric Umbrella though.
ABC? Been there, not impressed.

Attachments

• LibertyInnFlags.jpg
    LibertyInnFlags.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 36

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
One of our usual counters when in Epcot. We usually have lunch at Sunshine Seasons, then get supper at Liberty Inn. I get the steak meal ($12) or the chili dog ($9) if not too hungry. I specially like the theming with the old flags.

Never visit Electric Umbrella though.

We had a terrible meal the last time we went to the Electric Umbrella, I would much rather go to the Liberty Inn. I forgot about the theming with the old flags at the Liberty Inn, that was interesting to look around at.

Dad 2 M & M

Me and DH enjoy Restaurantaurus. They have several items we like including a Mac and cheese hot dog etc. :)
then get supper at Liberty Inn. I get the steak meal ($12) or the chili dog ($9) if not too hungry. I specially like the theming with the old flags.

We like Restaurantaurus and Liberty Inn as much as we like Peco's or Starlight Rays, and see minimal difference in the topping bar(s).

ABC was not as bad this December as I remembered from years past.....had lunch there just before Christmas.

Lastly, must point out there ARE some mediocre QS in the World Showcase; we hold Yorkshire Fish on par with Captain D's

SnarkyMonkey

Original Poster
Wasn't trying to suggest that the food was bad. It is just curious to me that out of all the options, that's what someone would choose. My personal preference would be to not eat that kind of food unless I was absolutely stuck let alone if there were lots of interesting options around. This thread has been very enlightening...although I still think Liberty Inn is one of the less popular choices.

It is just curious to me that out of all the options, that's what someone would choose.
I understand your point. We've tried other CS at Epcot, and also like Lotus Blossom and Sommerfest . Cantina de San Angel was good, but the lack of tables was even worse than Sommerfest (at least there you can sit in the plaza) and had to wait forever to get a place.
Still "meat 'n potatoes" guy that I am, Liberty Inn gets my vote.:p

newsies

I don't even think I can remember eating an actual QS meal at Epcot to be honest. I think if I get hungry I just walk up to whatever snack counter they have in the country and order what looks good and repeat the process until my next table service meal.

Dwarful

Over the many years of our touring I can honestly say we have eaten at all of these places at least once. Restaurantosaurus is often a QS choice for us because we are in that section of the park when we are ready to eat. Plus we can usually get a table in the back 'camper' area that is quiet and cool.

Dj Corona

I think one time my family and I dropped in the Liberty Inn to soak up some AC, and get something to drink on an extremely hot day, and wound up ordering some fries.....other then that, we got an order of the little sample crab cakes they have during the F&W Festival. Being from Maryland, we've had better, that being said, it's the "World Showcase"....with all the other great options available, who says to themselves, "Can't wait to get halfway through the Showcase and get me the same bacon cheeseburger they serve everywhere @ all 4 parks!" :)

Kman

Don't know if it was called the same thing back then but I ate there as a kid in 1984 I think. Everything was awesome in the 80's so I'm sure the food was good!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom