Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique

Livelovedisney

Original Poster
My little girl will be turning 5 this year so we're going for her birthday. As a surprise I booked for us to go to the boutique. The person I spoke to on the phone told me that her hair should stay in a couple days as long as we don't wash it. How true is this? Plus the one in magic kingdom is booked. They have a late appointment the day before we go to MK or the morning we go to MK (9:30). Which appointment should we take to make the most of our experience? BTW we are first timers. Another question I have is should I just buy a deluxe costume from the disney store vs buying one at the boutique? This is mainly because I don't know how great the quality of their dresses are. Do they take tips?

Thecorsi4

Well I would take the the 930 one but it really depends on your schedule for that day. As for the dresses it did not matter that I bought dresses at the Disney store I still ended up buying new ones once we were there.

Good luck :)

HouCuseChickie

I really like the one in in MK. I'd take that morning one if it fits in your schedule.

As for the hair staying up...it depends. The last time did BBB it was 2012 and we did get 2 days for the most part out of the hair.

Day 1

8232021058_6d9b74b9c8_z.jpg

Day 2 (I took out the big purple extensions, but left everything else in place with the one)

8234487400_ae89b03b51_z.jpg

I do bring some extra glitter and hairspray to refresh the pixie dust on day 2.

As for the dresses...I'm a big big fan of the park authentic ones. Yes, you can save some $ by buying the Disney Store versions or even the Walmart or costume shop versions, but we've noticed a major quality difference. If your child likes to frequently play dress up at home...this means their fave princess dress from their trip to WDW can handle months and months of play time with very little sign of wear...assuming they don't play too hard. We have 5 or 6 park authentic dresses sitting in the closet upstairs that look nearly as good as the day they were purchased. Plus, they carry decent resale value if you choose to sell it on ebay. In fact, you could even try buying from ebay to save a few $. I bought a park authentic Snow White dress on ebay for $39.99 and the exact same park authentic dress was selling at WDW during our trip for like $65 or $70.

Livelovedisney

Original Poster
I really like the one in in MK. I'd take that morning one if it fits in your schedule.

As for the hair staying up...it depends. The last time did BBB it was 2012 and we did get 2 days for the most part out of the hair.

Day 1

8232021058_6d9b74b9c8_z.jpg

Day 2 (I took out the big purple extensions, but left everything else in place with the one)

8234487400_ae89b03b51_z.jpg

I do bring some extra glitter and hairspray to refresh the pixie dust on day 2.

As for the dresses...I'm a big big fan of the park authentic ones. Yes, you can save some $ by buying the Disney Store versions or even the Walmart or costume shop versions, but we've noticed a major quality difference. If your child likes to frequently play dress up at home...this means their fave princess dress from their trip to WDW can handle months and months of play time with very little sign of wear...assuming they don't play too hard. We have 5 or 6 park authentic dresses sitting in the closet upstairs that look nearly as good as the day they were purchased. Plus, they carry decent resale value if you choose to sell it on ebay. In fact, you could even try buying from ebay to save a few $. I bought a park authentic Snow White dress on ebay for $39.99 and the exact same park authentic dress was selling at WDW during our trip for like $65 or $70.

Thanks for the reply. I will definitely be bringing some hair spray. =D I was really thinking if I should buy the elsa/cinderella deluxe costume from online. Since the hair cut is already 60, and the picture is around 33. If I buy elsa's costume and do the picture the cost will still come out the same. I just don't know if the quality of the dresses are better if they are the deluxe costumes or if we buy them at the park. My husband is leaning on just letting her pick her own dress incase she changes her mind on which princess she wants to be.

4disneylovers

I would take morning appt. my daughters hair lasted 2 days but her head was itchy second day and looked like elmers glue in some spots. But she had very long hair and they use a lot of product.

mcurtiss

the DTD boutique isn't so bad. The nice thing is when you take a bus from DTD, the voiceover mentioned that riders should be looking out for princesses. Our daughter thought that was amazing.,

Livelovedisney

Original Poster
Sorry to bring this up again, but can someone give me a break down of cost here? I've been looking on the site and it doesn't really make all that much sense to me. The castle package is
  • Hairstyling
  • Shimmering make-up, face gem
  • Princess sash and tote
  • Nail polish
  • OKay the part above, if just the crown package is $60
  • Complete costume of your choice plus accessories (and for this one I'm assuming costume is around 65, and tiara is 15 and scepter (wand) is 15)
  • One 6" x 8" and four 4" x 6" photos in a princess-theme holder (this one is $33)
Total separately is $188.
If I'm looking at this wrong please correct me. I'm trying to see if I should just order a deluxe dress for my girl and have her do the crown package and photo session.

Livelovedisney

Original Poster
I will let you know =D and we will also be going in June. Since it's our first time I'm trying to do all the research I can. So far there's a lot to do especially since we're going to 3 parks and my husband wants very little to do with the planning.

Livelovedisney

Original Poster
we will be going june 8 to the 12 for my little girls birthday, but i think we will also do it as a gift for our little man too even though he won't understand just yet. i'm not exactly sure when we will be telling her. when are you going?

4disneylovers

5-21. It's an unusually long trip. We had planned this trip for our 20 year anniversary. Last year we surprised our kids with a trip. They had no idea til the morning we left. They were 12 and 15. Long story short we needed some family healing time. So we bought an annual pass and want to make the most if it. It will be my 22nd trip.

Livelovedisney

Original Poster
5-21. It's an unusually long trip. We had planned this trip for our 20 year anniversary. Last year we surprised our kids with a trip. They had no idea til the morning we left. They were 12 and 15. Long story short we needed some family healing time. So we bought an annual pass and want to make the most if it. It will be my 22nd trip.
Sounds awesome happy early anniversary, and I hope you all have a wonderful time. My husband said that maybe next year we can visit a different city, but secretly I hope he becomes a disney addict....haha...I'm really having a fun time doing all the planning for us. I even wrote letters from mickey/fairy godmother/cinderella/elsa for my little ones. Since it's our first time, i really do want to make it magical for them. Plus maybe the notes will encourage my little girl to read. She loves me reading to her she just hates to do hooked on phonics with me.

4disneylovers

Great idea...we are so off track but I made gift bags that I put in the room before they walked in from their favorite character. consider garden grocer if you need food, water, snacks etc. We will probably pass each other and not know it.

Livelovedisney

Original Poster
Great idea...we are so off track but I made gift bags that I put in the room before they walked in from their favorite character. consider garden grocer if you need food, water, snacks etc. We will probably pass each other and not know it.
yes we are but that's okay, i love to be able to talk about anything disney now days. And that's awesome. it's always great to be able to get gifts on vacations. Thanks for the tip, we will need to stock up on milk that's for sure. =D And you are right we might really just pass each other and not know it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom