Disney Cruise FAQ's

Status
Not open for further replies.

lebeau

Hopefully that will calm down. Normally I would say yes, concierge can do it, but they couldn't get ours for us in September. Definitely ask though. You can pick them up without everyone there.

Great, thanks again.

The girls have met A&E already.

wdw-frozen.jpg

So it's not an imperative. But if I can wait in line for an hour or less to secure another meeting, I'll do it provided it doesn't bump up against something else on our schedule. Hopefully it's something the concierge service can arrange by then. As far as my youngest is concerned, meeting Anna and Elsa again is a very high priority. But there's no way she'd wait in line for an hour to do it. And her mother would kill me dead if I suggested it. So if anyone does wait, it'll be me.

polynesiangirl

@lebeau That picture is adorable! I love that they had their dolls with them. The only thing I've told my 4-year-old is that A&E "might" be on our cruise...because if the wait is going to be crazy, there is no way that's happening. I don't want to get his hopes up too high.

lebeau

@lebeau That picture is adorable! I love that they had their dolls with them. The only thing I've told my 4-year-old is that A&E "might" be on our cruise...because if the wait is going to be crazy, there is no way that's happening. I don't want to get his hopes up too high.

We were lucky enough to FP them and to see them before Disney split them up. So it was literally a 5 minute wait. The girls were so proud of their dolls and couldn't wait to show them to A&E. Kara, my youngest, is princess-obsessed. She'd do nothing but meet princesses if that was an option. She would like to see A&E again, but like you I haven't confirmed their presence on the ship. For one thing, it could change by then. So I have just told her that there will definitely be SOME princesses and A&E MIGHT be among them. She's good as long as there are some princesses.

I'm probably crazy for considering it, but I'd wait an hour to get them tickets if the schedule allowed it. But I know that princess meet and greets tend to occur on the Nassau day and my wife really wants to do a dolphin swim while we are there. So if the meet and greet or the wait for tickets conflict with the excursion, it won't be an option. But if ol Dad can wait in line while the girls lounge or swim, well, I can do that.

I love that your little boy is excited to meet the Frozen sisters. A lot of people refuse to believe little boys like princesses and yet I see little boys hugging them all the time. Enjoy your cruise and I hope you get to meet A&E!

Ariel1986

Ok sorry if I've missed this, there's a lot of pages! So just point me in the right thread direction if there is one already? So, even though I'm sure a million people have asked already... what is the difference between all these options?! I'm a cruise newbie! This is the Magic. Is there a "best" option? Are they all basically the same? How obstructed is the Verandah on the first one listed (Category 07A)? Thanks... :D

Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Navigator's Verandah
Category 07A

Sleeps:
3 or 4
Size:
246 sq. ft. including verandah
Deck:
5, 6, 7, 8 and 9
View:
Undersized and/or Obstructed View Private Verandah

Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah
Category 06B

Sleeps:
3 or 4
Size:
Deck:
5, 6 and 7
View:
Private Verandah with Whitewall

Category 06A

Sleeps:
3 or 4
Size:
Deck:
8 and 9
View:
Private Verandah with Whitewall

Category 05E

Sleeps:
3 or 4
Size:
Deck:
6, 7, 8, 9 and 10
View:
Oversized Private Verandah - Some with Whitewall

Category 05D

Sleeps:
3 or 4
Size:
Deck:
View:
Private Verandah

Category 05C

Sleeps:
3 or 4
Size:
Deck:
View:
Private Verandah

Category 05B

Sleeps:
3 or 4
Size:
Deck:
View:
Private Verandah

Category 05A

Sleeps:
3 or 4
Size:
Deck:
9 and 10
View:
Private Verandah

Deluxe Family Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah
Category 04E

Sleeps:
3 or 4
Size:
299 sq. ft. including verandah
Deck:
View:
Oversized Private Verandah

Category 04D

Sleeps:
4 or 5
Size:
Deck:
View:
Private Verandah

Category 04C

Sleeps:
4 or 5
Size:
Deck:
View:
Private Verandah

Category 04B

Sleeps:
4 or 5
Size:
Deck:
View:
Private Verandah

Category 04A

Sleeps:
4 or 5
Size:
Deck:
9 and 10
View:
Private Verandah

polynesiangirl

I love that your little boy is excited to meet the Frozen sisters. A lot of people refuse to believe little boys like princesses and yet I see little boys hugging them all the time. Enjoy your cruise and I hope you get to meet A&E!

Oh yes, no princesses-are-only-for-girls nonsense in this household! My older son has been in love with all the princesses since birth. I have some really priceless photos of him as a 2-year-old with kiss prints all over his face from them. My younger son is not even 2 yet and one of his favorite words is "Anna." He hasn't even really SEEN Frozen yet at his age, but it's just everywhere these days! hahaha.

CheshireCat12

Is there a photo package for DCL cruisers, or do they just scan your KTTW card each time you do a photo op or M&G? How much do you spend on photos? We would like to have lots of great pics!
Also, please tell me your experience in Nassau- best walking attractions and why.
Thanks!

Much-Pixie-Dust

We bought a prepaid picture plan that included prints and a digital CD for $269. It was a four day cruise (I don't know if the the length of cruise makes a difference or not). It was well worth it. We had about 100 pics taken. Great quality.

Went to Blue Lagoon in Nassau, so we did not do any walking attractions. Next cruise, we are staying on ship that day.

Have a great trip!
Is there a photo package for DCL cruisers, or do they just scan your KTTW card each time you do a photo op or M&G? How much do you spend on photos? We would like to have lots of great pics!
Also, please tell me your experience in Nassau- best walking attractions and why.
Thanks!

CheshireCat12

We bought a prepaid picture plan that included prints and a digital CD for $269. It was a four day cruise (I don't know if the the length of cruise makes a difference or not). It was well worth it. We had about 100 pics taken. Great quality.

Went to Blue Lagoon in Nassau, so we did not do any walking attractions. Next cruise, we are staying on ship that day.

Have a great trip!
How/where did you purchase the photo package ahead of time?

Much-Pixie-Dust

Go to disneycruise.disney.go.com/ships-activities/ships/services/photography.

From there, scroll to the bottom of the page and click on "My Cruise Photos". From there, you will key in your ship name and cruise date. Then, it will give you options of what to purchase.

My CC was charged a fee because this company was outside of the U.S. It was like $3.99 or something close to it.

CheshireCat12

Can someone tell me about their experience with Vibe? Would a younger teen with no similar-aged siblings have a good time there?

rick3236

Can someone tell me about their experience with Vibe? Would a younger teen with no similar-aged siblings have a good time there?

Short answer - Yes. My daughter went to Vibe for the first time our last cruise and had a fantastic time. She made friends with several girls her age - they spent practically the whole 4 days together. We really only saw her at meals and only because it was our requirement. They even went to the teen beach at Castaway Cay together. My daughter is not particularly outgoing so we were worried also, but she loved it and can't wait to go back.

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
My daughter loved Vibe and was so upset when she became too old to go any longer. She made a lot of new friends each time we sailed from going there. She had a blast!

Pam

Mrs_Minnie

We are going on our first cruise October 1-4th on the Dream. We are staying in state room 11006. My question is if anyone has ever stayed in that room before? Any tips or advice? Thank you

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
I haven't stayed in that specific stateroom but I have been in the concierge staterooms on the Dream. Take advantage of the concierge desk in the lounge. The team on the Dream are wonderful. Also they have a nice reception for concierge guests that you should also do. Our room was nice with plenty of room for 4 adults. We also had a nice size verandah. The lounge was just a few doors away.

sissa216

My 14 and 16 year old siblings really enjoyed it! I dropped by once as they were leaving, and was really amazed at how fantastic the crew members were with the kids. It takes the right kind of person to keep that age group engaged and comfortable- and these definitely had the perfect personality! They really helped make it a fun atmosphere where the teens could make friends and be themselves and avoid all of the stereotypical awkwardness you might expect.

CheshireCat12

Short answer - Yes. My daughter went to Vibe for the first time our last cruise and had a fantastic time. She made friends with several girls her age - they spent practically the whole 4 days together. We really only saw her at meals and only because it was our requirement. They even went to the teen beach at Castaway Cay together. My daughter is not particularly outgoing so we were worried also, but she loved it and can't wait to go back.

My daughter loved Vibe and was so upset when she became too old to go any longer. She made a lot of new friends each time we sailed from going there. She had a blast!

Pam
Thanks- I see you all have girls. Anyone know if boys would feel differently?

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster

My son thoroughly enjoyed it. It's a great set up. Make sure he goes the first night when they plan their activities for the week. That's when they all start getting to know each other too. It's harder to jump in after that.

heatherkatheleen

@Disneyfalcon Do you have any idea of how quickly the champagne brunch at Remy on the Fantasy books up? My booking window opens tomorrow and I want to know whether its something I need to wake up early for!

Disneyfalcon

Original Poster
@Disneyfalcon Do you have any idea of how quickly the champagne brunch at Remy on the Fantasy books up? My booking window opens tomorrow and I want to know whether its something I need to wake up early for!

It doesn't book as fast as Palo brunch, but it will usually fill up. I'd say guests booking at 120 and 105 would be in no rush at all. 90 maybe a little, and for 75 I'd get up early. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom