Additional FP+ at the kiosks

brittong

Original Poster
I haven't been to WDW since the advent of FP+ but I feel like I know all the basic strategies by now. One question though about getting additional FP+ at the kiosks after you've used your first 3 - - Do FP+ for headliner attractions tend to run out at about the same pace as they did under the old FP (not counting 7DMT, which I'm sure is never available at a kiosk)? I know the answer to this depends on the time of year/crowd level. I'll be there in late May, so moderate to high crowds.

jgj123

We went during Thanksgiving week and the later it was in the afternoon, the fewer the available options were for additional FP+.

I'd say the headliners/tier 1 FP+'s run out fairly quick.

Just wasn't impressed with the selection once early/late afternoon came.

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
There were NOT a lot of tier 1 rides available in the late afternoons when we were there at a relatively slow time in September this past year.

My main problem with the kiosk system is you can't get a pass for a park you're not in.
We tend to hop a lot and by the afternoon we're done with whatever park we've been in since the crack of dawn and ready to head back to the room freshen up and head to another park for the evening. It would be nice to lock down an FP for a park that we're visiting that late afternoon \ evening.

racin23

I was at WDW during the first week of January and used the kiosks to select new FP+ after my last one was used at about 1 pm. This was a sunday and it was pretty crowded and there were still fastpass for Thunder mt, haunted mansion, splash mountain, princess meet and greet (non frozen) and many others.

It'll depend on the day and time of day and the park but it definitely isnt uncommon to have a headliner attraction with fastpass left in the middle/ early afternoon.
Try to schedule fastpass for morning or middle of the day if you can.

Rob562

You can also luck out and get a headliner after they've been gone during the day due to people changing or cancelling their plans. We were in Epcot in early November and were able to snag Soarin' as our 4th FP+ around 4pm. Plus, the window start time was only 5-10 minutes in the future, so we were able to walk right over and get right in.

-Rob

sjhym333

It is all a matter of chance and luck. We were in the park today and I had tried to get 7DMT as one of our first three and couldn't but we were able to pick it up as our fourth for and hour later. That was great. Our 5th was Haunted Mansion for about 20 mins later. So all in all a good day.

Having said that...It is the last week of January on a Friday and the MK was packed. Not just adults but a ton of school aged children. Strollers and wheelchairs galore.

StarWarsGirl

We went and one day tried to get additional FPs at DHS. It was 4 pm, the park was closing at 7, and there were still FPs for Fantasmic, GMR, Voyage of the Little Mermaid, and Beauty and the Beast. We ended up getting a FP for BATB for the next show. It was well worth it, fyi. The seats were better than we've ever had.

So as others have said, it will depend on the park, time of day when you're getting them, crowd levels, etc.

erasure fan1

At the magic kingdom, once our main fastpasses were done, the best things available were the speedway, jungle cruise and Buzz. After that all that came up was the stuff that you would have never needed a fastpass for anyway. Once we used 2 more FP+ selections (so 5 total for the day), we just did stand by because it was not worth the effort of going to one of the kiosk areas and standing in line to find out we can ride pirates in 15min. You had a better chance of getting a fastpass for a headliner later in the day with the old system.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom