Backstage @ The Haunted Mansion

FettFan

Hello my WDWM friends!!! I'll be coming down to WDW in March for my birthday and my fave ride has always been The Haunted Mansion! The actual day of my bday is going to be spent at MK and they have EMH till 2am. What are the chances or odds that they would let me ride it with all the lights on at the end of the night or even let me walk a backstage area?? I'm beyond obsessed with the ride and it would def be the most amazing bday gift!!!! Any suggestions or answers would help and be appreciated... Much love!

If you want to see the backstage of the Haunted Mansion, sign up for Keys to the Kingdom.

However, you won't be able to ride it lights-on, just because it's your birthday. Those things rarely happen, unless you're with a special events group.

For instance, Communicore Weekly hosted a live show at Epcot during the 30th and they were allowed to ride Spaceship Earth with the lights on. But they paid for the VIP access when they booked the Norway pavilion for the live podcast show. And they also had Ron "Dreamfinder" Schneider with them, so that helped.

bingie

Well, you could just throw something heavy (large 1980s camera, turkey leg, small child) out of the ride vehicle onto the pressure mats and e-stop the ride.

Oh, you could just jump out and run around. It is your birthday after all ;)

cjk0318

Hello my WDWM friends!!! I'll be coming down to WDW in March for my birthday and my fave ride has always been The Haunted Mansion! The actual day of my bday is going to be spent at MK and they have EMH till 2am. What are the chances or odds that they would let me ride it with all the lights on at the end of the night or even let me walk a backstage area?? I'm beyond obsessed with the ride and it would def be the most amazing bday gift!!!! Any suggestions or answers would help and be appreciated... Much love!
None of those scenarios will happen, I'm sorry. But, you get a complimentary birthday button at City Hall! :D

SnarkyMonkey

Yep - it takes you to the Columbia Harbour House!

Well, that certainly is close to backstage. Lol

But people keep saying things like the following that confuse me. Is the HM on the Keys to the Kingdom Tour or not?

If you want to see the backstage of the Haunted Mansion, sign up for Keys to the Kingdom.

Honestly, there is not much to see in any backstage area, unfinished drywall, trash, conduit, plumbing. I saw.

I know I'm a big geek but even that excites me.

Prince Thomas

Original Poster
Well, you could just throw something heavy (large 1980s camera, turkey leg, small child) out of the ride vehicle onto the pressure mats and e-stop the ride.

Lol The MK has no idea what I have in store for THEM on my bday!!!!

Prince Thomas

Original Poster

Yes!!!!! I will be with my two nephews.... Kids getting tossed!!! Lol And as far as those turkey legs I wouldnt throw one of those at my worst enemies dog! The smell of them drives me up the wall......are they at least tasty?

Prince Thomas

Original Poster

However, you won't be able to ride it lights-on, just because it's your birthday. Those things rarely happen, unless you're with a special events group.

For instance, Communicore Weekly hosted a live show at Epcot during the 30th and they were allowed to ride Spaceship Earth with the lights on. But they paid for the VIP access when they booked the Norway pavilion for the live podcast show. And they also had Ron "Dreamfinder" Schneider with them, so that helped.
Thanks! I've been thinking about doing KTTK tour... But it's 5 hours....idk maybe. I didn't know they take u to the Mansion on that tour. Now I might have to do it!

Prince Thomas

Original Poster
Well, that certainly is close to backstage. Lol

But people keep saying things like the following that confuse me. Is the HM on the Keys to the Kingdom Tour or not?

I know I'm a big geek but even that excites me.
You're not a geek....just wanna know more like me! I found that one comment a lil odd about the garbage cans and drywall lol but hey, he was nice enuf and polite to answer. And u appreciate it

Goofyernmost

Unless they have changed the KTTK tour since I took it (granted a number of years ago) there are no backstage tours of any of the rides. There is a guide that tells you about the history, the forced perspective and some of the little details, but, when on the rides, you are just on the ride like anyone else. The only true backstage look you have is the parade staging area, complete with the end of the pneumatic trash collection journey, the backside (external) look at the Pirates show building and the utiladors.

FettFan

Unless they have changed the KTTK tour since I took it (granted a number of years ago) there are no backstage tours of any of the rides. There is a guide that tells you about the history, the forced perspective and some of the little details, but, when on the rides, you are just on the ride like anyone else. The only true backstage look you have is the parade staging area, complete with the end of the pneumatic trash collection journey, the backside (external) look at the Pirates show building and the utiladors.

Well that kind of sucks.

mousehockey37

Get and wear a Birthday button. CMs are nicer to you, you can get more involved in things if you want to, and the button makes it easier. And neat things can happen at character meet and greets. My birthday was celebrated this year at Mk. Definitely a nice experience.

Getting a birthday button guarantees you nothing. Well, it guarantees you got a birthday button.

You can NOT force the magic to happen. CMs know the difference between genuine people and ones who are expecting the "royal" treatment.

If you try to force anything magical it WILL NOT happen. Yes, have your birthday button in the line of sight of CM's and when you're eating in the parks, it will get noticed. If you have ADR's, make a note in the ADR itself that there's a birthday amongst your party.

I have a great example of this... A few years back, my DGF and I were going down Main St. in the MK. We heard the Dapper Dans and we went over and watched them do a few numbers. My DGF asked if she could get a picture with them, the lead singer razzed her a little bit, but said just kidding and she got her picture. As I'm taking the picture, they saw my button and broke out into Happy Birthday. I didn't ask for it, didn't even think it would happen, but there I was, handing off the camera, getting my picture with the Dapper Dan's as they're singing Happy Birthday to me. Well, as everyone else on Main St. is hearing and seeing this, you see parents literally running with their kids to try and have the same "magical moment" be a recurring theme. Well, as soon as they were done, I said "thanks so much", got a "you're welcome" and then you hear "move out!" and off they went breaking into strolling song, meanwhile leaving all of the magic forcing parents in their dust.

Plain and simple, just wear the button(s) and go have a good time. The second you try to abuse the wearing of the button is the second you might as well take it off.

Victor Kelly

Getting a birthday button guarantees you nothing. Well, it guarantees you got a birthday button.

You can NOT force the magic to happen. CMs know the difference between genuine people and ones who are expecting the "royal" treatment.

If you try to force anything magical it WILL NOT happen. Yes, have your birthday button in the line of sight of CM's and when you're eating in the parks, it will get noticed. If you have ADR's, make a note in the ADR itself that there's a birthday amongst your party.

I have a great example of this... A few years back, my DGF and I were going down Main St. in the MK. We heard the Dapper Dans and we went over and watched them do a few numbers. My DGF asked if she could get a picture with them, the lead singer razzed her a little bit, but said just kidding and she got her picture. As I'm taking the picture, they saw my button and broke out into Happy Birthday. I didn't ask for it, didn't even think it would happen, but there I was, handing off the camera, getting my picture with the Dapper Dan's as they're singing Happy Birthday to me. Well, as everyone else on Main St. is hearing and seeing this, you see parents literally running with their kids to try and have the same "magical moment" be a recurring theme. Well, as soon as they were done, I said "thanks so much", got a "you're welcome" and then you hear "move out!" and off they went breaking into strolling song, meanwhile leaving all of the magic forcing parents in their dust.

Plain and simple, just wear the button(s) and go have a good time. The second you try to abuse the wearing of the button is the second you might as well take it off.

Can anyone on this site be positive at all? I mean really. Tell you what, I guess my experiences are so vastly different because of who I am and who you seem to be. And since I am now getting started, where PRECISELY in my post did I say anything about anyone forcing anything to happen smarty pants? HMMMMMMMM?

If half you people would accept that others have different and unique experiences maybe YOU would enjoy your trips. I notice in your reply that you discount what I have posted and proceeded to post what happened for you on your birthday. Point of fact here, when you discount what another has said, do not put in a "they saw my button and then.....". It is ignorant, and tacky.

And since I am sure you will have a snarky reply, I will ignore you.

mouse_luv

Can anyone on this site be positive at all? I mean really. Tell you what, I guess my experiences are so vastly different because of who I am and who you seem to be. And since I am now getting started, where PRECISELY in my post did I say anything about anyone forcing anything to happen smarty pants? HMMMMMMMM?

If half you people would accept that others have different and unique experiences maybe YOU would enjoy your trips. I notice in your reply that you discount what I have posted and proceeded to post what happened for you on your birthday. Point of fact here, when you discount what another has said, do not put in a "they saw my button and then.....". It is ignorant, and tacky.

And since I am sure you will have a snarky reply, I will ignore you.

And like you are not rude yourself and "snarky"?! I love when people come on and reply to people and make assumptions about them and their experiences. What he said was 100% accurate. Others have even said the same on this thread alone. Get over yourself.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom