The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MinnieM123

Premium Member
My Mom on the other hand questioned my choice of parish and till the moment I walked down the isle kept trying to convince me that I should put the veil down over my face for an unveiling. :cautious: No way in heck was that going to happen. Cover my face? until my father presented it to a guy? Seriously?

Yah, I think it's better not to cover the face with the veil, either, but really just for the sake of the groom. If the face is covered on the woman walking down the church aisle to him, wouldn't he worry that maybe it might be someone else hiding under that veil cover, and not his actual bride??!! :jawdrop: :joyfull:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
And now it's time to end the @JenniferS / @Gabe1 late night show.
Someone has to get up in 3 hours, and still has a short date with Janet Evanovich before turning in.

Good night Peeps.

I'd like to add a (morning) post wrap-up comment about fashion in the White House. I don't think any of those mentioned even come close to the exquisite fashions designed (by Oleg Cassini) for Jackie Kennedy, a long time ago. The only other person who matched that elevated level of style would have been (the late), Princess Diana, from England.

Last edited:

StarWarsGirl

You cant just make or buy a sub/torta/sandwich?
pretty sure they are more healthy than just bringing snacks all the time.
I do. I bring lunch most days.

The problem is that I don't get home until late and have classes in a row. On Wednesday, I didn't get home until 7. Lunch was at 12:30. Yesterday breakfast was at 8:30. Lunch was not until 1:30, and I really needed a snack in between meals. And then I didn't get home until 6 pm. I just need stuff to eat quickly in between classes so that I'm not thinking about food all the way through them.

FutureCEO

Maybe fellow people who regular have snow can back me up

I would love for plows to learn how to plow. On the side of my road, about two feet is left between the end of the snow and the sidewalk. On the other side, about three feet. And you have to inch your way forward at the end of streets because you can't look over the snow piles.

And finally, please turn on you lights if it's raining, snowing or wicked dark even though it's daytime.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Now we're talking.. if I ever marry.. that is a MUST! :angelic:
I'm sure I'm missing something:
Baked breaded chicken
Mashed potates & gravy
Mixed veggies
Cabbage rolls
Pierogi
Shish-kabob
Salad
Relish trays/rolls & butter
(I opted out of the borscht, out of fear of a single drop ruining my dress)
Black Forest cake
Coffee/tea

All dishes were prepared from scratch by a kitchen full of Ukrainian ladies; served family style.

The late supper consisted of cold cuts, buns, various salads, and a variety of sweet squares and slices of wedding cake.

Open bar

My boss' wife (ie - the owner of the company, worth at least a hundred mill) claimed it the best wedding food she'd ever had. She said it was refreshing to pick and chose as much food as she wanted, without the meal dragging on for four hours, as per typical Italian weddings. Whether or not she was blowing smoke up my behind, it was a nice thing to say.
Truth be told, I was afraid she might look down her nose at the comparatively humble venue and food offerings. I forgot that she and Tony came to Canada with absolutely nothing, and lived in a tiny two bedroom apartment above a bakery for a few years.

MOXOMUMD

Yeah, I'm more of a Laura Bush fan, so no comment.
Mrs. Bush just seemed very classy and refined. Mrs. Obama, more common.
But what do I know? I've never met either one of them ... and I'm not even an American.

As to Indian garments ... I love when the ladies come into my office all dressed up for a celebration. Some of the outfits are breath-taking. Keep in mind though, these are legit Indian women; many of whom are immigrants within the past 10 years, who go home to purchase their fabrics. These are not knock-off outfits being worn.
I too like all the colors. Some of the outfits at my niece's wedding were beautiful.

donaldtoo

We are mourning the loss of our favorite old time Cub Ernie Banks. A man who found it beyond lucky to play baseball because it was fun and thanked his lucky stars for his good fortune. He always had time for everyone, was kind to strangers, media, gave kids autographs before games. RIP Mr. Cub
images

The "like" is for the gentleman, Ernie Banks.

StarWarsGirl

And I love Apple more with each purchase. Can't wait until my Dell carps out again. I'm getting a MacBook Air or Pro.
Love my iPod. This is my second iPod touch. Handed down the old one, which is now 3 1/2 years old to my brother. It still works. My mom has an iPad 3.

We were very impressed with Apple recently. Her iPad had been heating up. We'd taken it in to the Apple Store when it was under warranty. They really didn't do anything those two times. Finally, when it was out of warranty, it died completely. We took it into the Apple Store. We got a manager out there. When she went back and looked at the notes, she realized that no one entered any notes, although the visits were documented. They replaced the iPad even though it was out of warranty. No issues since. So very impressed with their customer service.

I would consider getting an iPad/iPod/iPhone in the future. I think they are extremely well-made and user friendly. Only con is no expandable memory.

Won't consiser a Mac, though. The Mac OS has ALWAYS confused me. If I were to spend that kind of money, I would rather get an extremely good Windows computer. Like a Surface Pro.

Goofyernmost

Speaking of snow (yea, I know we weren't but I needed a segue). I was watching the local news tonight here in Raleigh. During the weather report the weatherman mentioned that he had received many questions asking when we might be lucky enough to get some snow.:jawdrop: Now that is just wrong on multiple levels. The sun must have gotten to these people.o_O

I think it is because even a trace of snow shuts everything down around here, so if you want a day off you pray for snow. :cold:

MOXOMUMD

I do. I bring lunch most days.

The problem is that I don't get home until late and have classes in a row. On Wednesday, I didn't get home until 7. Lunch was at 12:30. Yesterday breakfast was at 8:30. Lunch was not until 1:30, and I really needed a snack in between meals. And then I didn't get home until 6 pm. I just need stuff to eat quickly in between classes so that I'm not thinking about food all the way through them.
Do you like jerky?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom