Studio Backlot Tour Closing on September 27, 2014

Kman101

Disney & More/Alain suggested they'd be going to Paris's tour, which is getting upgraded, apparently, but I don't think that's ever been really confirmed by anyone here, that I know of. Makes sense though.

SnarkyMonkey

Yes...I did see the marathon photos. Just wondering if anyone heard anything new since then. I know it's unlikely but thought I'd check just in case. It came up in another thread today.

ToTBellHop

This doesn't bode well for a timely re-do of Hollywood Studios... it took them 4 months to remove something that has wheels and an engine.
I know. Here we are almost in February and nothing has started yet. I would have thought clearing would have started on 1/5/15.

DisDan

I still don't believe anything is going to happen in this space until I see construction walls go up around the area. But I have another question. Would it benefit Disney AT ALL to just shutdown the entire park for a while and make the entire park a construction zone while they overhaul the entire thing? I mean couldn't they do the entire renovation in much less time? Would it have a big impact on their bottom line if they just shutdown the whole park for a while?

dstrawn9889

I still don't believe anything is going to happen in this space until I see construction walls go up around the area. But I have another question. Would it benefit Disney AT ALL to just shutdown the entire park for a while and make the entire park a construction zone while they overhaul the entire thing? I mean couldn't they do the entire renovation in much less time? Would it have a big impact on their bottom line if they just shutdown the whole park for a while?
i would think only IF they had all the constuction materials ONSITE and all Plans and Blueprints were approved and ready, and of course had all the contractors lined up, then yes it might be more cost effective to close and reopen in say 20 months... but we know Disney, i doubt that all the plans have been greenlit and farmed out to contractors and vendors yet...

bellhop13

Why would they close the entire park?

djkidkaz

I'm wondering if they are stuck in contracts with the stunt drivers for LMA or something? I have no clue how any of that works, but there has to be a reason BLT closed with no work commencing but LMA is still open which only runs twice a day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom