HTF is being cryptic on Twitter again

DisneyDaver

A couple years ago, there were rumors of a potential Universal Orlando Middle Earth land (or possible third gate). I hadn't read anything about it recently, but perhaps things are in the works.

Tony Perkis

Original Poster
It's kind of fun. If nothing else looks like something new is a coming.
This is how I read it. I honestly couldn't care less if we get anything out of him or not. It doesn't matter. What does matter is the idea that something fun, something big is on its way. That's good enough for me to get excited. I don't need to know what it is right now; the game is fun.

hunty

This is how I read it. I honestly couldn't care less if we get anything out of him or not. It doesn't matter. What does matter is the idea that something fun, something big is on its way. That's good enough for me to get excited. I don't need to know what it is rig
right now; the game is fun.
Is it a flying theatre ride replacing twister?

Last edited:

mahnamahna101

Is it a flying theatre ride replacing twister?
I don't think a Jimmy Fallon Soarin'-esque ride would be enough reason to post so many cryptic hints though.

LOTR or Star Trek seems more likely at the moment. However, a flying theater ride seems likely within the last 5 years.

hunty

I see a link to a flying theatre and watched the video of it in action looks a little better than soaring. Would definitely suit a star trek theme but until more info comes out we will never no .

Mike S

The cynic in me wonders if UO finally nailed down LotR rights, what does the IP bring that Potter isnt already? While I know the stories are quite different, won't the GP say "Yawn, more wizards, dragons and castles?"
If the GP hasn't been saying "yawn, more Disney characters" at Disney, I think LotR will be just fine at UNI. If that is what's happening.

matt78

If they did get Star Trek do you think they would just rebuild Star Trek the Experience or build something completely new. I wouldn't mind either. I never did get to do the Borg Invasion 4-D.

lazyboy97o

The more I think about Star Trek the more I'm thinking it won't work well in a them park. I know Trek up and down but it is a very guy franchise and not the most family friendly. I say that because I can't get my son to watch anything Star Trek and his friends don't watch any off it either. Star Trek isn't like Star Wars, you have to be geared towards science and thinking to get something out of ST. SW??? It's friendly to people who don't think much out. I like like SW because chirping droid, cute animal on an alien world, etc. etc. Two different franchises with totally different appeal going on.

Not a SW fan BTW.
Star Trek has already worked as themed entertainment.

Mike S

The more I think about Star Trek the more I'm thinking it won't work well in a them park. I know Trek up and down but it is a very guy franchise and not the most family friendly. I say that because I can't get my son to watch anything Star Trek and his friends don't watch any off it either. Star Trek isn't like Star Wars, you have to be geared towards science and thinking to get something out of ST. SW??? It's friendly to people who don't think much out. I like like SW because chirping droid, cute animal on an alien world, etc. etc. Two different franchises with totally different appeal going on.

Not a SW fan BTW.
If it's done really well it could still attract many Star Trek fans to the park which means new guests that maybe wouldn't have come otherwise just like when Harry Potter opened. Who cares if kids may not be as into Star Trek as Star Wars? That's why Harry Potter is there.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom