The 60th Anniversary of Disneyland: The Reality of it All

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
Must-have popcorn buckets for the 60th!

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...sort-diamond-celebration-60-years-of-popcorn/

bpbdlr123456.jpg

LOVE!!

Figments Friend

Thanks to everyone who kept this thread updated with the news.
Now that i have had a chance to see what was presented, i can add some comments.

The new edition of WOC will be a winner. Might just be the best version to date.
The Disney Blog post was correct when it said *more to come*. This really is just the beginning.
More cool stuff to be revealed.

The concept art showing CC and SBC is nice. I like the simpler impression of the decor these give.
Interesting to see CC being decorated too for this. I guess it is now officially the *castle* of DCA.

Surprised by the proposed lineup of units for DLRs version of *Paint The Night*.
I was under the impression the US version was slated to have less Pixar and more traditional classic Disney.
The vibe was that several all new floats would be used, and based on the recent announcement it seems a direct clone of HKDs version with two to three additions.
Regardless, it is really great to see Disneyland finally get a night parade again.
18 long years....wow.

Looking forward to seeing what the spread of merchandise offerings will be like associated with this 60th Celebration.
Expecting to see some classy stuff...and lots of expensive diamond encrusted collectibles.
Nostalgic stuff is expected, too. Bring on the neat things!

May 22 start date.....yikes.
Kickoff of the Summer Season ..that being the Friday of Memorial Day Weekend here in the US.
The Parks will be absolutely packed. Doubly packed with fans coming in to see the kickoff.
There have been rumors of another 24 hour party happening that same weekend...on that night (22nd).
If that actually ends up happening, man....talk about a crazy but fun way to kick off the Celebration!

Looking forward to what else is coming....and what else might be coming.
Wooooo hoooo!

This is Disneyland*s year to really SHINE....

.....like a diamond...yeah...!

TTA94

Are there any rumors as to what else is coming? I may be wrong but hasn't everything been announced that we knew about, entertainment wise?

TTA94

They have yet to mention anything about the rides. A new Harold is still rumored at this point. I think it's safe to say the dark ride upgrades are for sure happening.

Yes there is all that, but Steve had posted on FB more magic to come! Unless he's not talking about entertainment?

PorterRedkey

My first time to Disneyland will be in June this summer and I was excited before but now I'm even moreso after hearing of all of these special things for the 60th! I'm a WDW vet (I have read that guide thread) and from what I can tell lately, seems like DLR is the place to be! I'm so excited!
It is the exact same for me. Hope you have a blast!

George Lucas on a Bench

We want to know about attractions. Construction walls went up around Condor Flats and the Soarin' Over California sign is gone with no explanation what is happening to the attraction, Haunted Mansion has some new wall and trellis close to the Hatbox Ghost's original location, Splash, Peter Pan and the Matterhorn are down for months and we want to know just what's going on. Apparently the rumored Snow White, Toad and Pinocchio enhancements aren't happening?

PorterRedkey

They have yet to mention anything about the rides. A new Harold is still rumored at this point. I think it's safe to say the dark ride upgrades are for sure happening.

As far as updating the dark rides, which ones have they decided to do besides PP and Alice? I think I read Snow White too at one point, but not Pinocchio or Toad. Can you set me straight on what will likely happen in time for the May 22 start date?

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
As far as updating the dark rides, which ones have they decided to do besides PP and Alice? I think I read Snow White too at one point, but not Pinocchio or Toad. Can you set me straight on what will likely happen in time for the May 22 start date?

Those are the only two so far. No one knows when the other three are going down.

VJ

There's still four months until the celebration begins. Disney would be smart to keep the momentum going by only announcing things a little at a time, or at least that's what I think.

cjk0318

Not sure that will really work. The only real solution while keeping the fireworks in Disneyland, in my opinion, is to keep with shorter fireworks shows like they have right now!
You might as well not even have a firework show then, right!? The idea of having the show ALL OVER the park does help with crowd disbursement- not short shows. No way around it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom