Let the 1st Birthday Trip planning begin

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
Hi everyone!

Our little munchkin is turning 1 in June. Hard to believe we are already thinking about this! Since I have mommy brain and have not planned a trip around a little one, I am seeking some advice to make sure i'm on the right path.

We were planning on driving and decided to fly (as long as the prices stay low like they have been). I have flown twice with little man and he has been a rock star (once all the way to California!) so we are hoping to fly. We are thinking 5 days / 4 nights. I am afraid a longer trip will be too much for him. If we extend, it will be for just one more day and it will be an all resort day.

Arrive Monday 1st - hope to get an early flight and head to MK after we get all settled in. Dinner at Crystal Palace.

Tuesday 2nd - Animal Kingdom

Wednesday 3rd - Epcot - lunch at Rose and Crown and dinner at Via Napoli

Thursday 4th - Little man's bday! Was only able to get 11:25 at Chef Mickey. I was hoping for later but this might be okay as MK as EMH. We start his bday here and then go to late breakfast/early lunch. Then back to resort to chill. Then back to MK for the night. At Chef Mickey, we plan on doing a smash cake and sing happy birthday.

Friday 5th - Mk until its time to catch DME.

We decided to skip DHS since there really isn't much a 1 year old can do. I am hoping to add another day for an all resort day. We haven't decided which one yet - depends on what is available when we book under the spring discount. Thinking Wilderness Lodge, Yacht Club or Port Orleans.

We are also going to do the 1st hair cut - probably the last day, but we will see what they have available.

Any thoughts on how this looks, or how the plan is?

Thanks everyone!

DisneyDaver

I have not been to WDW with an infant so I don't have any trip planning advice. Just wanted to say that I have been following your posts and story over the years here and am thrilled to hear you are taking your little guy to WDW for his first Bday!

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Original Poster
I have not been to WDW with an infant so I don't have any trip planning advice. Just wanted to say that I have been following your posts and story over the years here and am thrilled to hear you are taking your little guy to WDW for his first Bday!
Thank you so much! Its still surreal! Thanks again! :)

Upvote 0

polynesiangirl

I took my oldest when he was about a year and a half, and we had basically the same plan as yours (I think we may have only gone for 3 nights though, so we might have skipped AK.) It went really well and he absolutely adored the characters. Try to get the princesses to give him kisses! :) We have some SUPER cute shots of my oldest with lipstick prints all over his face, from after we went to whatever MK Princess meet and greet predated fairytale hall.

We stayed at the Poly on that trip, and one reason why it was so nice to be on the loop with a kid that small is that we could see the fireworks at MK from our hotel. My son has always had a hard time staying up late, and this allowed us to show him the fireworks while in his pajamas, and then go immediately into our room. Definitely beats waiting for the MK bus with a sleeping or cranky kid.

Smash cake at Chef Mickey's sounds extremely adorable. :) My younger son is going to turn 2 a couple days before our next trip...I may have to get him a birthday cake at some point on our trip. Hmm.

Sounds like a fun trip! It's so exciting to show your kids WDW for the first time.

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Original Poster
Thanks so much for the advice! We would love to stay at a monorail loop resort but I don't think it is in the cards this trip. So we are hoping for Wilderness Lodge but according to the website, there are no rooms available for spring discount when we are there. So we are looking at Yacht Club or Port Orleans. When I get ready to book, I will be making more inquiries (changing dates etc) to see if I could get the WL. The ferry easier then the bus I would imagine. :) Thanks again!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom