Best Disney tip you ever got!

hrmom26

We did something similar to this with my daughter as she grew old enough to understand the value of money. It was hilarious to watch her make the transition.....she went from seeing item, picking it up, and saying "I want this".....to seeing item, picking it up to check out the price, and placing item back on shelf as she said "wow, that's a lot of money!!!"
exactly that's why i love the tip i benefited by not having to deal with the whining "please mom " and my kids learned a very good lesson.

COrunner

The club level in deluxe hotels.

redriri.gif
We are going back and forth on trying club level! What is the perk?

We've done GF and Poly but never 'upgraded' and are going to Yacht Club this January.

kdl121

I haven't been to WDW yet, but one of the best things I've read so far is when to go in terms of crowd-level and weather. If I hadn't read that the end of January tends to have less crowds, I wouldn't have considered taking a birthday trip, and now I'm super excited to go for my birthday in a couple years :D

Sloan

I haven't been to WDW yet, but one of the best things I've read so far is when to go in terms of crowd-level and weather. If I hadn't read that the end of January tends to have less crowds, I wouldn't have considered taking a birthday trip, and now I'm super excited to go for my birthday in a couple years :D

January will be a great time for a first visit for you kdl121 - and coming from Canada, the weather should be fine by your standards! (and you might be amused to see Floridians and others from the South all bundled up against the 'cold').

ratherbeinwdw

Do the early hours was the best advice ever. There has not been one single time that we couldn't ride anything we wanted in the early hours. We knock out all the time eaters before the park opens to everyone else. After hours are nice, but it's still very crowded. Everyone can stay for after hours. They just can't ride, but only resort guests can get into early hours.

TXDisney

When using your fast passes. I normally do mine all as early as I can. But normally lines aren't that in the mornings. For example. I fast passed Frozen, Rock n Roller Coaster and Tower or Terror. We did frozen and then went to tower of terror before our rock n roller coaster fast pass. Cuts an hour or more out of your time just to wait till the end of the 2nd fast pass till the start if ur 3rd. When park hoping it's efficient.

Doc Disney

Sounds lame but the best tip I ever got was to bring plastic bags for phones and cameras when it rains! My family made fun of me for packing this but when it rained you better believe they asked for some bags! I have a relatively large camera so I actually used the ice bucket bag for that one and the rest of my stuff went in Ziploc bags :)

Tracy0821

Wear ankle nylons under your socks. Prevents blisters. I have not gotten a blister on my feet sinve i started doing this. Also if u can swim for few minutes after returning from parks... It helps your tired legs and relaxes muscles so next day your legs arent tired and hurting

mamabunny

I don't have much to add, just these:

Probably the biggest secret I have ever found: Disney's Vaction Account I don't know about you, but I was really thrilled to find this!

- First thing we do upon arriving at the Resort is go to the store and buy a loaf of bread. I bring a jar of peanut butter in my suitcase, and now we can have a quick, easy snack, or a light meal in the room if we want. Great for those times when you just need a little something, and no one is in the mood to go get food!

- Our family tradition is to eat lunch at The Plaza at least once on every trip. On those days, we make our reservation for the first seating of the day @ 11:00 am. So we have a "snack" for breakfast (see the above peanut butter sandwich in the room), get to the park for rope drop, and by the time 11:00 am rolls around, we are ready to take a break and have a lovely meal. The restaurant is always empty! We will typically have the entire place to ourselves for at least the first 15 to 20 minutes - sometimes all the way through the meal. This works, BTW, at most any sit-down place at WDW. When we are done with lunch, everyone else is starting to look for food - and we go on to more fun!

- Take a good supply of quarters and pennies for the "smashed penny" machines. These are a great little souvenir, and our daughter has been collecting them since she was tiny. She has a huge collection, and we inevitably end up with duplicates. She loves to carry her extras to give out to little kids she meets in the parks.

- Same thing with any duplicate pins you may wind up with - we love to share the Magic by giving those to kids, and introducing them to pin trading. May not be as wildly popular as it once was, but we still enjoy it as a family!

- Finally, sign up for PhotoPass/MemoryMaker. Leave the photography to the pros, and spend your trip making lifetime memories with your family and loved ones. I have thousands of pictures from WDW (a few going all the way back to *my* first trip in 1972) but it's my memories that I cherish most.

Last edited:

Sora_Keyblade

Bring a collapsible water bottle! It's so important to stay hydrated during the day, especially while walking around the parks.
I have a Vapur bottle that I absolutely love. It folds up to fit in your pocket or bag when empty so it doesn't take up space. It also comes with a carabiner so you can clip it on your belt or purse. It was perfect for my last trip!

BigRedDad

For any one that chafes, Runner's Glide or the equivalents that are now out there. Nothing is worse than someone with a heat rash. You can see people walking around like they have load in their pants because the rash is so bad.

BigHero4

1. Buy your own neon necklaces at Wal-Mart before going to Fantasmic! The Glow-with-show items are at premium Disney prices. This is a cheap alternative... plus your child can share with other kids around them. Spread the magic.

2. If you can fit it in your park bag, bring Crocs/sandals, change of socks and a large freezer bag to store items. This way, if (and when) it rains you can change out your shoes and socks so you can keep going in the rain and have a nice dry pair of socks and shoes to continue the day.

3. I was told not to bring our dSLR camera because it would be too cumbersome to carry in the parks... glad I did though. It took MUCH better pictures than trying to snap a photo with my phone, and I'm too cheap to buy the Memory Maker :) Just make sure you bring a comfortable shoulder strap or have room to stash it in your park bag. Oh, and bring a waterproof bag to store it in case of rain.

Might want to check out this thread too for other tips: http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/tips-tricks-lessons-learned.895176/

MagicHappens1971

I know there's other threads with similar subjects, but why not start a new one :D

What has been the best tip you've received from someone else or realized on your own. It can be about anything and everything Disney. Whether it's about a ride, food, snacks, something to bring into the parks with you, something to do etc. Something someone told you, a CM, or something you read on the boards.

For me the best tip I ever got helped me with my son! I bought a bunch of glow sticks and took a pack with us into the parks every day....let me tell you this was the best thing when it was dark and my son was having a breakdown. Pull them out, and he had a blast...even shared them with other kids. It was something that was so simple and inexpensive but it was a life saver & if it wasn't for reading it on the boards I would have never thought of it.

Another thing that I read after I had done it was taking instant coffee with you and this way you'll have REAL coffee and not that Nescafe thing they call coffee. It saved my husband! lol. During our first trip he could not stop complaining about how horrible the coffee was! So on our 2nd and 3rd trip I bought a little thing of instant coffee which he would put a few spoonfuls into his mug and then in the food court add hot water, cream and sugar!

Let's hear them!!!:D
Now they have Jofferys, which is good.

CMouse

This is for those who are staying off-property or need to head back to the parking lot: take the monorail marked as the Hotels Monorail instead of the "To the Parking lot" monorail. The parking lot monorail will have a much longer line, but the Hotels Monorail will make its first stop at the Contemporary resort follows by a stop at MK's parking lot. It's such a good feeling knowing that after a long day at MK, you can still take a "FastPass" back to the parking lot.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom