Mediterranean cruise 2016

ladydi

Original Poster
I have dreamed about going on a Disney Mediterranean cruise since reading Tammy's report. My wonderful mom is seriously considering taking my family and my sisters family next year! I was looking at the cruises available this coming summer. Have they taken all the Greek ports off the table? I am Greek and really wanted to stop there with my kids. Thanks!

DISNEY FANTASY

I had a 12 night Med cruise with Greece last year there is a photo blog online.

We will know mid February it looks like the Magic will cruise a EBTA via Iceland and have Norwegian cruises again before getting to the Med for August and be around there to late Sept.

MaryJaneP

We did western Med on Magic. We also wanted Greece but it was not to be given our shorter itinerary. We enjoyed every almost every stop. Our first and so far only trip to Europe, but we will be returning. We say go for it even if no Greek ports. It may be once in a lifetime for some and/or strengthen your desire to return and do Greece in depth. We feel certain you will love doing a DCL Med cruise.

EDIT: BTW, looked at DCL website and we do not seen any Greek ports of call. However, website still makes numerous mention of things new for 2104 so website may need updating. we would call DCL directly.

Last edited:

216bruce

I'm confused here. I looked at the DCL cruises on the site and Greece is there for the 12 night Med cruises. BTW, we've been on two Med cruises...just go. It's fantastic. Even if (somehow) the listings are wrong and Greece isn't on the itinerary, the rest are amazing- especially Rome. If you have the time and/or cash- spend a few days pre-cruise in Barcelona on an ABD trip. Just a fantastic city and taking your time there for a few days is well, well worth it.

DISNEY FANTASY

The 12 nights listed on the website stayed up post 2014 cruises, the new 2016 cruises will be open mid Feb There should be at least one 12 night Med from Barcelona calling at Rome on4th August

Last edited:

Ralphlaw

Can't wait. My wife really wants to do the Eastern Med this time. We did 12 night western Med last year, Barcelona to Venice. Also did the pre-cruise Adventure by Disney in Barcelona. James and Dusty were amazing guides.

This year it's 12 night Baltic out of Dover, with stops in Copenhagen, Stockholm, Helsinki, St. Petersberg, and Talinn.

Next year . . .

All great, except for the credit card bills. Ouch.

ladydi

Original Poster
The weeks are also a problem. Our kids go back to school late August but my sisters kids go back mid August. She's got a high schooler so it's more difficult to miss a day or two, even for a once in a lifetime trip.

DISNEY FANTASY

Can't wait. My wife really wants to do the Eastern Med this time. We did 12 night western Med last year, Barcelona to Venice. Also did the pre-cruise Adventure by Disney in Barcelona. James and Dusty were amazing guides.

This year it's 12 night Baltic out of Dover, with stops in Copenhagen, Stockholm, Helsinki, St. Petersberg, and Talinn.

Next year . . .

All great, except for the credit card bills. Ouch.
Yes we are on that one as well, everyone has been planning hard man gave booked their tours of St Petes already.

msidescooter

I'm contemplating doing the imbedded Adventures by Disney Med tours on the Magic next summer for our Honeymoon. The only down side is the cost, at $12k (current price for this year's tours) i'm debating about if it would be an unforgettable honeymoon or just a costly one.

DISNEY FANTASY

I'm contemplating doing the imbedded Adventures by Disney Med tours on the Magic next summer for our Honeymoon. The only down side is the cost, at $12k (current price for this year's tours) i'm debating about if it would be an unforgettable honeymoon or just a costly one.

I organised my own tours in every port and was cheaper than DCL standard port adventures. ABD are good but you psy a lot for them doing the paperwork.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom