Marketplace Causeway construction

dstrawn9889

Bwana Bob is expanding business and opening another Kiosk or just moving out of that rat hole Adventureland? :confused:
... meant that the causeway was designed for the kiosks in the first place, not putting in an expanded pad and shoehorning a sales kiosk at the far end of a 'bridge' to bottleneck a throughfare

JordanKing

Any update on this? I'm coming in on the 4th and was curious if this would be open. I know it will open up the area a lot.

Last edited:

WDWtraveler

Any update on this?

Marketplace Causeway photo update as of Sunday, Jan 25. After a week of great weather, I was disappointed in the apparent lack of progress on the causeway since last week. Even the new kiosks still haven't got all their light fixtures installed. The one new visible item seen is all the causeway lamp posts have additional wiring on the side of the poles. My guess is for speakers. Here is a close-up of the lighting fixtures on the causeway, as plastic wrapping has been removed on most.

IMG_4556.JPG

MissingDisney

Marketplace Causeway photo update as of Sunday, Jan 25. After a week of great weather, I was disappointed in the apparent lack of progress on the causeway since last week. Even the new kiosks still haven't got all their light fixtures installed. The one new visible item seen is all the causeway lamp posts have additional wiring on the side of the poles. My guess is for speakers. Here is a close-up of the lighting fixtures on the causeway, as plastic wrapping has been removed on most.

View attachment 80297
As always, thankful for your pic!

Rob562

The one new visible item seen is all the causeway lamp posts have additional wiring on the side of the poles. My guess is for speakers.

Another possibility is some kind of dedicated circuit(s) for Christmas lights. You'd have to get a close-up of the cabling to see if it's high-voltage or low-voltage to be sure.

-Rob

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Thursday, Jan 29. The wires on the light poles on the Marketplace Causeway were for speakers...now installed on almost all light poles. At the base of the light poles, facing the outside of the bridge, these "compass" or "sunburst" designs were installed. I think the causeway is within days of opening.

IMG_4592.JPG

IMG_4591.JPG

On the opposite side of the base, facing the bridge walkway, a round metal plaque of the "Disney Springs" logo has been installed on each light base (see below photo on the right near the two workmen).

IMG_4593.JPG

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom