17 month old at POR

BrerWayne

Original Poster
Hello all, next month I am going to be staying at POR with my wife and kids, ages 4 yrs. and 17 mo. I am seeking advice on sleeping arrangements. The 17 month old is kind of a wild sleeper and I am afraid of him falling out of the bed. Does POR still have trundle beds or toddler cots? If not, what are some things that you guys have done in the past to keep the little ones in bed? I would appreciate any and all advice!

DizneyPryncess

We used a pack n play when we took our daughter at 19 months, if that is an option for you. Kept her in one place! She loved the pack n play though, and I know not all kids do. :)

BrerWayne

Original Poster
My wife read on WDW's own web site that you can advance request bedrails for the bed. Does anyone have experience with this?

Disvillain63

We just returned from POR. We had our grand-daughter (9mos.) and our grand-son (2 yrs) with us. GS did great on the wall bed and GD used the pack and play.

Weather_Lady

There are no trundles available, however, if the provided Pack 'n Play is too small for your child's comfort, Port Orleans has the fold-down Murphy beds (smaller than a twin bed, perfect for a small child) in all of the standard rooms in the Alligator Bayou section. You can request a room in Alligator Bayou (or reserve one of the preferred rooms there). Then either use the Murphy bed with a bed rail brought from home (or borrowed from the resort -- call ahead to see if they have any available), OR just simply place the Murphy bed mattress on the floor. Blankets for the Murphy bed are provided, usually up on top of the shelves in the vanity area.

Riverside-Refurbishment-014.jpg

jenluvswdw

We used a pack and play that they provided. I did howevere bring my own sheet for him. My little one was also 17 months when we stayed at POR. Loved it!

EOD K9

Industrial strength Velcro. Also, some of the hotels have actual rolling metal cribs. They might be worth a shot.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom