Is the clock ticking on the Sorcerer Mickey Hat icon at the Studios? YES!

ABQ

Wonder why they're so slow to toss out the reservoir tip. Was the first piece removed, wasn't it?
Sorcerer-Hat-Icon_Full_23120.jpg;width=638

Planning to re-purpose it as a VOR antenna or something?
cfiles26257.jpg

vinnya1726

Disney is missing out on a great marketing opportunity with this demolition. So many options for promo spots: Star Wars, Stitch, even a cast of characters from a handful of well known older movies driving in and taking it down, all to promote change is on its way.

You are on to something...I wonder if they are not planning something like that behind the scenes.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Yes the bathrooms are inaccessible and they never seem to show more than 3 min of any movie
Well, thank goodness then that GMR is getting some attention with a new sponsorship. Hopefully the resulting changes will live up to your ideals, even without the hat being in front of the theatre....

wdw71fan

You said that a few weeks ago and it didn't happen.

yes, of course... because progress has obviously been 'slow'....

Perhaps my perception of fast on a project such as this is a little more realistic... It's not just a chunk of fiberglass sitting in a parking lot.. There is a lot more to it.. Try to tailor YOUR expectations as such.

And for what it's worth.. "Crazy" meaning it's going to be "Crazy" with them cutting metal and the structure starting to lose it's final shape... For the love of god.. I didn't claim to know anything about the demolition, it was just conjecture.. Get off my back.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
yes, of course... because progress has obviously been 'slow'....

Perhaps my perception of fast on a project such as this is a little more realistic... It's not just a chunk of fiberglass sitting in a parking lot.. There is a lot more to it.. Try to tailor YOUR expectations as such.

And for what it's worth.. "Crazy" meaning it's going to be "Crazy" with them cutting metal and the structure starting to lose it's final shape... For the love of god.. I didn't claim to know anything about the demolition, it was just conjecture.. Get off my back.

Last time you said pace was going to pick up, but the pace remained the same.

DVC91

Disney is missing out on a great marketing opportunity with this demolition. So many options for promo spots: Star Wars, Stitch, even a cast of characters from a handful of well known older movies driving in and taking it down, all to promote change is on its way.

Instead of them doing it all nicey nice, I picture a recreation of the printer scene from Office Space

kucarachi

Well, thank goodness then that GMR is getting some attention with a new sponsorship. Hopefully the resulting changes will live up to your ideals, even without the hat being in front of the theatre....

I don't care where the hat goes,it just happened to be in front of the theatre. If the one thing that actually represents Mickey Mouse bothered you so much I'm happy that your happy.

kucarachi

Oh lord... it's not like he isn't all over the entire resort.
It's not the "one" thing that represents Mickey in that park however....

And thank you; I am fairly ecstatic....

I'm all for change, but if your ok with hat being demolished for being out of place...then why are you ok with what was hidden behind the hat housing movies mostly owned now by Sony being left in tact. It all needs reimagined this one piece of headwear was not what's wrong with Hollywood blvd

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
I'm all for change, but if your ok with hat being demolished for being out of place...then why are you ok with what was hidden behind the hat housing movies mostly owned now by Sony being left in tact. It all needs reimagined this one piece of headwear was not what's wrong with Hollywood blvd
You really are reaching now. First it was the condition of the theatre, then taking out the "one" item representing Mickey, and now we're onto the films in the GMR? My sympathies that your delicate sensibilities are offended by the fact that movie history may have been made at studios not named Disney. As Conrad once scribed, "The horror. The horror."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom