The 60th Anniversary of Disneyland: The Reality of it All

FerretAfros

Some tweets from last night are saying DIsneyland60 will be happening over the holidays. Not suprising since DL did POD & RDCT with ACF in 2005. But this time, it seems that people don't know the fate of ACF. Wouldn't ACF just replace Soundsational? It's not an Anniversary Parade. If PTN runs over the holidays, that would be a first for DL Park in my memory: having a light parade at Christmas.

???Soundsational has no end date Correct??????
DL did not run A Christmas Fantasy in 2005, they only ran Parade of Dreams. Due to the height of the floats, the garlands over Main Street weren't installed that season, and no 'alternate' decorations were offered. If I'm not mistaken, they did the rest of the regular decorations throughout the park, the iasw and HM overlays, and that was about it.

The 50th entertainment was used in place of the usual seasonal offerings (though I think they still had the smaller acts like the carolers on Main Street)

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member
I ok with the MINIMAL Frozen interference. I am:
SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO
happy we decided to go to DL this year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I may not be so happy - I will be there May 9 - 11. Looks like most of this will be after my trip.

Travel Junkie

A few thoughts after digesting everything:

- The Disneyland Forever Fireworks looks like it could be very impressive. I have heard a couple of rumors surrounding this show as well that would ratchet up the awesomeness level, but I don’t know how true they are. The mapping effects do look great and like the idea of trying to create an experience all over the park. This will spread out the crowds and give frequent visitors.

- While I believe this is a good use of map projection, Disney is approaching a danger point in overusing the technology, much like Universal’s overreliance on screens.

- I am really excited about WOC. Having a host should hopefully relieve some of the flow problems WOC currently has. This will allow Disney to still update the show while maintaining the thematic flow that exists in the first version. As choppy as version 1 was, every time they updated WOC, it got even worse.

- The parade looks nice. I don’t like the idea of a semi truck barreling down Main St. USA but the rest of the floats look good.

- It was made clear that they are still in the process of working on this celebration. There is much more to come. It was surprising that they didn’t acknowledge changes like Soarin since it has already been essentially announced on the constructions walls. DLR sure likes to holds things back.

- With no closing date this is their west coast Potter Swatter and will run well into 2016.

- I really hope I can see a soft opening or attend an AP preview because having the official opening on Memorial Day weekend is going to be madness.

jrhwdw

DL did not run A Christmas Fantasy in 2005, they only ran Parade of Dreams. Due to the height of the floats, the garlands over Main Street weren't installed that season, and no 'alternate' decorations were offered. If I'm not mistaken, they did the rest of the regular decorations throughout the park, the iasw and HM overlays, and that was about it.

The 50th entertainment was used in place of the usual seasonal offerings (though I think they still had the smaller acts like the carolers on Main Street)
I think it did: Though it doesn't begin performances until this Friday (November 18), the A Christmas Fantasy parade is returning this year to Disneyland with two after-dark performances at 5:15 p.m. and 7:45 p.m. The Parade of Dreams will be limited to a single daytime performance at 3:00 p.m. http://www.mouseplanet.com/6584/Disneyland_Park_Update
From http://www.mouseplanet.com/6584/Disneyland_Park_Update

cheezbat

Well it sucks ill be missing this...I'll be at Disneyland May 16-18...

My big question is, will all the attractions that were down for refurbs be up and running by then?

TTA94

I think DL is going to be seeing crowds like never before with all of this! They are going need those rumored 24 hour parties plus extended hours! Has DL ever had park closures due to capacity like MK at WDW? As much as I want to see it all it might be worth waiting awhile so it can be more enjoyable.

Last edited:

Marc Gil

I am loving everything they announced, but to be honest, no surprises.

Too bad I can't make it in late May to see the festivities.

Bing Bong

I think DL is going to be seeing crowds like never before with all of this! They are going need those rumored 24 hour parties plus extended hours! Has DL ever had park closures due to capacity like MK at WDW? As much as I want to see it all it might be worth waiting awhile so it can be more enjoyable.
It did on opening day, and every Christmas/New Years season since as far as I can remember.

TP2000

Has DL ever had park closures due to capacity like MK at WDW? As much as I want to see it all it might be worth waiting awhile so it can be more enjoyable.

That happens all the time at Disneyland, usually around the two weeks of Christmas and New Years. Last month they had main entrance turnstile closures of several hours every day, day after day, in late December.

Things can also get nutty during the 24 Hour Parties, and they've had to close the turnstiles due to park capacity during those events in the evening hours.

sponono88

Must-have popcorn buckets for the 60th!

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...sort-diamond-celebration-60-years-of-popcorn/

bpbdlr123456.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom