The 60th Anniversary of Disneyland: The Reality of it All

kibia16

There was a Q and A after the announcement and apparently, Steve Davison was quoted as saying that there will be a drum float reminiscent of the original electrical parade in the new paint the night parade.

https://twitter.com/ParksAndCons/

Parks And Cons ‏@ParksAndCons
"I really wanted to bring the Electrical Parade back to Disneyland...and I did." #PaintTheNight #Disneyland60

Parks And Cons‏ @ParksAndCons
"Other than the drum we are not physically bringing anything back for the Electrical Parade...it's for the kids of today." #Disneyland60

Little Green Men

Well Disneyland did it they sucked all the joy out of my upcoming trip to Orlando. I no longer want to go. I'd rather skip WDW and wait longer and save up extra money for Disneyland.
It's all about personal taste, but I think WDW is still worth going to. I know most in this thread have said they prefer WDW to DL, but that's not the case for me as they both have their own unique offerings. When was the last time you went? Waiting longer could help you appreciate it more the next time you go. Or you could still go and try to see things you've never seen before, go to a new resort, or see a show you've never seen. Have you seen Festival of Fantasy yet?

FigmentForver96

Omg the MSUSA projections are amazing! Also the last song (I guess the theme song) is great! WDW should look into this for sure. Do a normal firework show but then for the projection show do the castle plus Main Street, Liberty Square, heck even on some of the Fantasyland facades. Then you would spread out the crowds. Regardless this year is the year for Disneyland. Paint The Night, World of Color and the diamond overlays just ahhhhh so freakin excited!!!

Bolna

Yes, great breakfast reading material. Much preferable to current events here in Europe....

I loved the Main Street video. I think this whole mapping thing is a great way to end that huge focus on the castle itself for the fireworks which is the one criticism always being brought up for Steve Davison's work. And the parade sounds lovely! I guess the pics are from Hong Kong though as their are bricks under the floats, not concrete.

I would have loved to hear more about the attraction redos, but for a press event I think focusing on announcing three major new entertainment offers, it makes sense to not overload the event.

I am so happy that we are planning a trip to DL this year! Originally it was only so that I could get a 60th anniversary pin, but now I have an even better reason. :D

Not a huge fan of the song they had at the end. It sounds like the cheesy songs they have in Paris...

TP2000

@TP2000 Where are you, dude???

Arrgh!

I had some very old friends from New England call me and tell me they were in Palm Springs (SURPRISE!) and wanted me to go out there and join them for dinner. I drove out there this afternoon to beat traffic, then had to keep jabbing myself with a salad fork under the table during dinner tonight so I wouldn't be THAT GUY who obnoxiously taps on his phone in the nice restaurant ignoring his tablemates.

It killed me to not be able to respond, but I snuck a look at the thread here before I drove back to OC. But it looks like you all had it handled here without me. :D

Last edited:

TP2000

I've been staring at the point of Carthay in the concept art... It's not the sorcerer's hat.

I think the artwork is showing a vaguely bedazzled ornament inside the top of the hollow top of the Carthay tower.
Carthay-Tower.jpg

lazyboy97o

Now they just need to tell us if Hatbox is truly coming back... Why couldn't they just tell us?
He disappeared without a trace and I'd love for him to reappear just as silently.

I've been staring at the point of Carthay in the concept art... It's not the sorcerer's hat.
In the higher resolution image released it is clear that it is not.

jrhwdw

Help me out with the drum. I know what the drum is, I've seen the drum on Walt Disney Presents. MK had one too, I've seen pics of it. I always thought they used that drum for MSEP which would mean MK has DL's now. So are making a new one?

jrhwdw

Some tweets from last night are saying DIsneyland60 will be happening over the holidays. Not suprising since DL did POD & RDCT with ACF in 2005. But this time, it seems that people don't know the fate of ACF. Wouldn't ACF just replace Soundsational? It's not an Anniversary Parade. If PTN runs over the holidays, that would be a first for DL Park in my memory: having a light parade at Christmas.

???Soundsational has no end date Correct??????

Sage of Time

Exciting stuff.

Shocked there's no talk of the attractions.

Happy to hear Paint the Night will have some DL elements.

Hoping DL Forever isn't just about movies.

WoC with Walt sounds EPIC.

Castle and Carthay actually look understated. Pleasing.

VERY excited to visit. :)

Sage of Time

Some tweets from last night are saying DIsneyland60 will be happening over the holidays. Not suprising since DL did POD & RDCT with ACF in 2005. But this time, it seems that people don't know the fate of ACF. Wouldn't ACF just replace Soundsational? It's not an Anniversary Parade. If PTN runs over the holidays, that would be a first for DL Park in my memory: having a light parade at Christmas.

???Soundsational has no end date Correct??????
Nope. Soundsational should be sticking around. :)

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Help me out with the drum. I know what the drum is, I've seen the drum on Walt Disney Presents. MK had one too, I've seen pics of it. I always thought they used that drum for MSEP which would mean MK has DL's now. So are making a new one?

They would have to make a new one. The MSEP one would look weird with out all the new lighting to match the rest of the parade.

TTA94

So exciting! I'm not sure what I'm looking forward to the most! The projection mapping on Main Street is awesome! WDW really needs to this and I have a feeling they will in the near future! It would look amazing on MKs taller Main Street buildings! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom