Does the pop century still have the prize counter in its arcade?

ssidiouss@mac.c

Original Poster
One of the things i used to like about the pop century is that you could win tickets over your vacation and by the end turn them in for little prizes etc at the counter in the arcade..

anyway.. i heard Disney is doing away with the ticket type arcade games? Or is it just the crane types?

I heard on wdwnewsradio podcast that the arcade already removed the ticket games and prize counter.. but when i called the pop century yesterday the girl who answered the phone said they the arcade was still the same as it ever was.

Anyone know what the story is currently with the pop's arcade? I'm heading down soon and was curious what to expect.

MickeyMomV

They are all going away I just don't know on the date. I would think really soon so they don't have to deal with the legal issues going on with it.

The arcades themselves will still have the same selection if not better with the tomorrow land arcade closing.

mm121

They are all going away I just don't know on the date. I would think really soon so they don't have to deal with the legal issues going on with it.

The arcades themselves will still have the same selection if not better with the tomorrow land arcade closing.

Legal issues going on with it?

They could switch to electronic tickets that go on a card like most places have, and I'm sure if they really wanted to they could come up with some kind of a prize vending machine if goal is to eliminate staffing positions.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Legal issues going on with it?

They could switch to electronic tickets that go on a card like most places have, and I'm sure if they really wanted to they could come up with some kind of a prize vending machine if goal is to eliminate staffing positions.

See this thread - http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/disney-finally-squashes-illegal-kiddie-gambling.894747/

The problem is with the legal definitions of what are gaming machines now in Florida. Rather than fight the goofy law-rewrite or risk challenges, Disney appears to just be pulling redemption out all together.

MickeyMomV

There are some issues in Florida where some groups are calling the redemption process a form a gambling if the prize is over a certain $ amount. From my understanding disney doesn't want to even touch it so they are pulling the machines in advance.

mm121

See this thread - http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/disney-finally-squashes-illegal-kiddie-gambling.894747/

The problem is with the legal definitions of what are gaming machines now in Florida. Rather than fight the goofy law-rewrite or risk challenges, Disney appears to just be pulling redemption out all together.

saw the linked thread after I posted here.

The whole thing is pretty crazy, so many laws get written, passed, and then end up affecting things they were never intended to.. When will the madness of red tape end.

EdC

I'm at pop century right now and the redemption desk is still there. Talked with the attendant and they were told they're out by the 15th of February, but it could occur before then. All 6 arcades will be cleared by then. So it's a craps shoot till then.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom