What did you do?

JillC LI

6 miles on Sunday. 4 miles on Monday - wanted to get in a TM run before the anticipated power outage during the blizzard. Thankfully, no power outage, and snowfall was only 13" by us, not the 2+ feet that were predicted. Still, it's gonna be tough to run outside for awhile until everyone shovels out. The puppy LOVED the snow though :)

dreamfinder

1@7:30p&1i today with a bike ride. Missed by cross training weds, so I did it today.

Your interval times are always so impressive.

Well thank you, and yours aren't too shabby either. Since my mileage has completely fallen off a cliff, I'm trying to at least keep some sort of speed base.

JillC LI

Well thank you, and yours aren't too shabby either. Since my mileage has completely fallen off a cliff, I'm trying to at least keep some sort of speed base.

Well I'm no Dash, but 8:30 intervals were unfathomable for me when I first started running, so at least I'm still on the upside of improving with age, er, experience!

WDWArchitectureGuy

Just so everyone knows I'm jealous that you all are running. I've been in a boot since I got home after Dopey. Just 2 more weeks and I can get back out there. Keep it up! You're making me want to recover even faster!!

atrus79

3.11 miles yesterday at an average 10:59 p/mile pace. Going to start working on speed now that I don't have to worry about 4 consecutive races :)

Texas84

3 miles this morning. First run since Dopey+Rebel. Still getting over this bug so I coughed my way through it. And my calves were screaming the entire way.

Signed up for the annual Jalapeno 100 10K next month in my home town in Texas.

LindsayLoves

Finally got around to my first run back after Dopey, my shin problems flared as soon as I got back to work so I have been working on sorting that out.

Not sure the best way to do your first run back after 3+ weeks off is a 4 mile race but that's how things panned out. I wanted to see how I was fitness wise knowing I would likely fall apart at some point. Two first miles under 8 min/mile and then the hills on the west side hit and I was hurting, legs/lungs/everything (but not the shin!). I slowed down quite a bit those last two miles and finished in 33:44, 8:26/mi, about 3.5 minutes slower than my PR on the same course from last year.
I have my work cut out for me. Half marathon training starts tomorrow, I have a pretty solid plan with plenty of speed and strength work mixed in with the miles.

dreamfinder

Sat as a 5k@1i, 1@7:30,1@6:58,1@6:27, .1@6 followed by 15mins on bike. Sun was 10k@1i, 3@8, next 3 neg splits, with the last .2@6. Today was 1 1/2@8p&1i. Cut it short to allow for extra time to drive to work in the snow.

JillC LI

Just so everyone knows I'm jealous that you all are running. I've been in a boot since I got home after Dopey. Just 2 more weeks and I can get back out there. Keep it up! You're making me want to recover even faster!!

Ugh, get well soon.

Finally got around to my first run back after Dopey, my shin problems flared as soon as I got back to work so I have been working on sorting that out.

You feel better too.

As for me, I did 7 miles yesterday, trying to avoid snow mounds snd staying mostly in the street. Felt fine, but last night I started to get pain in both knees. By bedtime it was so severe it was crippling. After racking my brain, I remembered I had bought Dr. Scholls inserts with arch support for my winter boots and I had worn them for the first time (1.5 hours max though) shortly before the pain began. Could that have been the cause? The pain was equally as intense in both knees so that seems a likely culprit, right?

I woke up still sore in the knees but no longer in agony. I took the inserts out of my boots before wearing them and the pain has not gotten any worse today (not better either so I can't run but I was able to shovel snow). Has anyone ever experienced severe knee pain from wearing inner soles with arch supports or should I be looking elsewhere for a cause to my agony?

TeddyinMO

Congrats to all of you for getting back to it after Dopey and Rebels!

As for me, I finished up an unseasonably warm January with 3 miles on Friday and 5 on Saturday. That brought me to over 60 miles for the month and best of all, a per mile average of 10:13, which is by far my fastest month. Training plan calls for 79 miles this month, but it looks like the the nice weather is ending, so I'll spend a lot of that time running in circles around a gym!

dreamfinder

Today was 1 1/4 w/wu&cd. 1/4@6, 1/4@8, 1/4@6, 1/4@7:30, 1/4@6 all @1i.

I woke up still sore in the knees but no longer in agony. I took the inserts out of my boots before wearing them and the pain has not gotten any worse today (not better either so I can't run but I was able to shovel snow). Has anyone ever experienced severe knee pain from wearing inner soles with arch supports or should I be looking elsewhere for a cause to my agony?

I'd give them a few more days without the inserts, and then try then again see if the same thing happens. It may be from the extra bouncing all over the place avoiding snow, or it may very well be that the inserts are not for you.

JillC LI

I'd give them a few more days without the inserts, and then try then again see if the same thing happens. It may be from the extra bouncing all over the place avoiding snow, or it may very well be that the inserts are not for you.

That's exactly my plan. My knees feel fine today and I plan to do a very easy 4 mile TM run tonight or tomorrow morning. (Couldn't run outdoors without Yaks right now and probably for awhile after all the slush on the ground yesterday froze into an ice skating rink last night.) I wasn't really avoiding too much snow the other day as the main streets were mostly down to the blacktop, and even if I had, it seems strange that I would've injured both knees so severely and so exactly the same. I'll report back on what happens when I try the inserts again. Nice workout you had today.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom